NATFLY News

Another great time this year and fantastic to meet so many of you at the morning tea- A special thanks to Carol, Ian and Slarti for organising it. The clubhouse was the (warmest) place to be at night and the Pizza promo was almost as good as the pizza.

Hope everyone got home safely. I heard on Bris CTR that an a/c leaving Coffs on Sat lost a piece which was handed in to police. They were asking a few of the RPT guys to check their a/c on landing!

Inglewood this weekend and then Watts All-in a few weeks later- hope to see some of you there.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard

:wink:What ?...hullo !.............................................................................................maj...(sorry just got back from the RSL on Anzac day) 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif:Norton:031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif

Ian...am I allowed to use the words Slarti, threatened, doodle and exposing in the same sentence? I dont want to break the secrecy and confidentiality code of Camp David.

Scotty 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

Ian...am I allowed to use the words Slarti, threatened, doodle and exposing in the same sentence? I dont want to break the secrecy and confidentiality code of Camp David.Scotty 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif actually mate, and for all others...my son Lachlan who is 9 years old came to NatFly with me and spent most of the time playing with Bubbleboy's son Jack and Lachlan had a ball with having someone there of around his own age to visit the Museum with and many other things...so let's have a forum here for under 16 year olds to get together and chat...it will be a forum that only under 16 year olds will be able to see the posts and let's hope some great friendships can be formed in the spirit of future aviation buddies...it's worth a try me thinks

Ian...sounds good! Jack gave Lachlan his email address and keeps checking to see if hes sent one...lol. When you get it up and running let me know and I will sign Jack up. prop.gif.61637aee349faef03caaa77c2d86cf41.gif

Scotty 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Please everyone...my son Lachlan lost his IPOD Touch that he got for Xmas at NatFly...his most treasured possession...it has a dark blue and grey back cover on it so if anyone saw it can you please let me know...thanks

Had a great time at NATFLY :clap2:& met with quite a few forumites. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Didn't seem as big as last year to me but I'm sure the surrounding weather :freaked:put a few off an attempt to fly in.

Missed MrLocks yet again bomb.gif.8dfedc171d37efc22ba0dd32e933ffc0.gif& by the way Mr NarrAHratorlocks :typing:I think the mice did a very good job of keeping the numbers up replacing last years Locusts.065_evil_grin.gif.2006e9f40863555e5894f7036698fb5d.gif

Heard lots of big blokes squealing:yikes: in their under wing tents at night.008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

The Rat made an impressive entrance into the RAA meeting:ranting: - once the RATTling off of his paid up membership number, the awaited secret questions were asked.compress.gif.fe2f1703f181408c4947cc1d378facee.gif

Once uttered there was deathly silence as all the board gasped inwards creating a vacuum:bye: (hence the silence) Then there was a lot of scurrying about:chase:

and it wasn't just the mice. Eventually a mumble of a response was muttered by our illustrious leader - sorry but I missed what he said.

Rat stood TALL, showing his magnificant size, baring his yellowed fangs & stared at the board with his beady red eyes, reflecting the sun off his golden tooth straight into

the Big Boss Bloke poking.gif.62337b1540bd66201712a53e2664c9b4.gif - he then asked his second leading question. More scurrying and another silent period.084_chase.gif.a3cab873b9247ad7d295882b8a53a985.gif

Not sure but by the vague response, maybe our boss is really Pinochio.046_fear.gif.84b83182244bd664b8a3a0c1e803f021.gif Other than that I thought Steve handled everything else admirably.:thumb_up:

Cheers

H

Guest aussie carl
Hope everyone got home safely. I heard on Bris CTR that an a/c leaving Coffs on Sat lost a piece which was handed in to police. They were asking a few of the RPT guys to check their a/c on landing!002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Wasen't us we left at sparrow fart on Friday.

I will post some pickies in the picture section soon.

Guest JRMobile
Hi Geoff,I am afraid I can only concur with you as to the motive of the President in his attempt to disallow your questions. It was indeed a display of shameful behaviour and inexcusable for them to claim you were not a member. Your recollection of what was said is also my and Blackrod's recollection.

I would like to agree with Geoff and David on this point, it is our recolection to, It was sad to see our President stoop to such dirty politics. I also believe he should have introduced the board members at the start of the meeting instead of having to be asked to do so at the conclusion.

Congratulatios to Don, David, and Geoff for asking the tough questions that needed to be asked, I was personally amazed to see the reaction to Geoff's questions. We keenly anticipate the response.

On a lighter note "what a great flyin" the organisation was very professional (thanks Carol), the navigator enjoyed the ladies programs, the air displays were great, putting faces to names at the forum morning tea was very special. The chancellor of the exchequor has reject my submission for the Carbon Cub (unless we win the lottery).

We have the rest of this week off so we have been flying the Murray River and ended up in Goolwa tonight.

Cheers John

Hi There Peoples

A Great read and good to meet a few of you at Cazza's!

Managed to escape the Unicom tower this year and actually enjoy some very interesting and informative workshops, although did get called to provide a back up Base Station VHF as the main one had failed. Managed to get it functioning again with a screw driver and some contact cleaner, magic in a CAN !

Looking forward to having a Hangar before next years event ! As we now are the proud owner's of block #75 Temora Airpark, what a Great Place ! Bought our plot in the Retirement Village ! you could say!

Just Lovin It !

The first excruciatingly pointed Rat question went along the lines of "have you ever told a current Board Member to get off the Board or face legal action?". The answer that let the President off the tenterhook was something like "take it on notice".Our President did not cover himself in glory in that meeting. Being shown up for being not quite straight with the Members and an attempted slur on the great white rat will do that.

I was at the back of the room, but my recollection was that in response to that question the Executive Director/CEO mumbled words to the effect of "I don't remember and I want to take that question on notice." And after all, it would be so easy to forget a discussion such as that mentioned in my question, as that type of discussion with a Board Member must happen all the time. They'd be a dime-a-dozen, & therefore so easily forgotten.

Blacky mentions matters "excruciating".

Well there were 2 "excruciating" pauses when the question was asked by David about a Secrecy Bylaw being passed ....................... loooong silence "No ............................. not ..... at .....the ..... moment" was the reply. "Well, is one about to be passed?" was the supplementary question ........... even looooonger pause "Well .......................................... yes." before SR jumped to his feet. It was a disgrace that during what was a lengthy discussion over a number of Agenda Items, with regard to Board Secrecy, David needed to then pull teeth on this issue to finally get a straight answer, while the President looked like a startled fawn in a spotlight.

I just got home - I left Temora on Saturday arvo to go grape picking the rest of the weekend. Despite losing a lot of the crop to mould, I've had a great weekend.

Glad I decided to take Thursday arvo off. I would have struggled to get there on Friday.

Don and David, sorry I couldn't find you all afternoon to say bye. Thanks for all the entertainment and the hospitality of camp David. I'll be in touch.

It was great to meet so many forumites this time. The morning tea was a great success - even if our "I'm too scared to talk to a crowd" leader made me take the mic.

The rampant and often unseemly politics of the weekend made for even greater entertainment. Beats a movie night.

I noticed Paul Middleton at our morning tea. He isn't a member but told me he wanted to see the people who were attacking him.

The board member meeting was also an interesting time. I think that through forumites David, Don, Dave and Geoff we have really upped the ante on accountability and confidentiality. The board has been put on notice that we want more transparent proceedings and governance which truly represents the members. I was also very impressed with Steve Runciman. He definitely seems to be a man of his word.

I'm looking forward to the promised Executive Director's (CEO if he insists) response in the minutes you are preparing Steve.

This forum has raised the bar in open communication and keeping the bastards honest. Well done all.

Ahlocks - Captain said you were looking for me, but I couldn't find you. PM if you like. I'll catch you somewhere else soon.

So, congrats again Temora - especially Carol. Even better than last year. Shame the weather kept so many away.

The colour coded cards were a great idea.

The food court needs beefing up 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif. More people would have really exposed some short-comings there. The food was excellent though.

Another political issue not mentioned yet - there were no RAAus office staff there. I understand they boycotted the event due to a dispute with the ED/CEO. They were sorely missed. We need this crap sorted out.

To all the other forum members I met (Ballpoint didn't even wait until I got out of the plane to say hello), it was great to meet or re-meet you all.

To Ian and his long suffering father Jack - well done again. I hope the effort was worthwhile.

I didn't take many photos this year, the focus was more on video. I'll be working on a vid or 2 soon - including footage where I took David for a flight in my airborne sports car. Another convert?

• Like 1

Guest burbles1
Another political issue not mentioned yet - there were no RAAus office staff there. I understand they boycotted the event due to a dispute with the ED/CEO. They were sorely missed. We need this crap sorted out.

I questioned this with the admin staff and received an email reply from Steve:

Mr. Dave Gardiner

Dear Sir

In my view it is inappropriate for our Admin Manager or myself to make any comment on our superior officers i.e. the RA-Aus Board. That question should be directed to the Board Executive.

Staff are not boycotting NATFLY 11 as you suggest. Those of us that can attend and are needed, will be in attendance.

There is nothing bad about the current crop of members – all 9,000 + of them – all with individual need and opinions, just like us.

Our Executive are legally responsible for ensuring all employees have a safe and non-discriminatory working environment. As the CEO for the last 13 months I have not found them wanting in that respect but we really appreciate your concerns for our welfare.

On behalf of the staff I thank you for your interest in this matter and wish you every success in your endeavours. Perhaps you will be one of our 13 masters in the foreseeable future.

Yours sincerely

Steve Tizzard

Burbles it seems you didn't ask the question clearly enough or Steve Tizzard thought it related to a different dispute.

Slarti referred to a dispute between Steve Tizzard and his staff, his answer referred to commenting "on our superior officers"

How many of these disputes are there?

If you hear a rumour that sheep are going missing, you don't ask the wolf.

Particulary if the wolf can't speak because he has a gob full of chops, or if she or he has a desire to deflect or defer any questions.