Ultralight crash near temora

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very Sad. Too many of these indeed. I heard it on the ABC at 7:00. We need to smarten up somehow & reduce these tragedies & keep out of the news.

http://www.dailyadvertiser.com.au/news/local/news/general/man-dies-in-plane-crash/2584881.aspxI can't tell much from the link except it looks like a rag and tube. Very sad.

dodo

Dodo,

Hard to tell but it looks to me possibly a trike as it looks like a control A frame with the compression strutt leading out from it in the photo's??

I could very well be wrong. but it does looks rag and tube.

Alf

My God,

I have just had a terrible thought and I pray I am wrong, but I know two guys who were flying trikes down that track today from up here. Dear God please let it not be one of them. Can anyone make out that engine ... is it a two stroke? I hope its not a 912.

My God,I have just had a terrible thought and I pray I am wrong, but I know two guys who were flying trikes down that track today from up here. Dear God please let it not be one of them. Can anyone make out that engine ... is it a two stroke? I hope its not a 912.

David,

I don't want to cause you any undue anxiety, I am just assuming from what i see in the photo.

I tried enlarging it but it was to pixelated to tell what it was.

I hope for your sake it is not a trike and one of your friends, I wish it wasnt even any type of aircraft as we have had way too many losses this year already.

Alf

My condolences to all family and friends. He was a very well known member of this site and he will be extremely missed by everyone here

My worst fears have been realised. I was with the two pilots on Wednesday at the Airbourne factory at Red Head.

I am gutted, they took two brand new Trikes back home. I was only speaking to them during their pre-flight on Friday morning.

This is devastating. This guy was meticulous with safety ... we all knew him well.

Rest in peace my friend.

I'm shocked to find out who it is. Apart from being a very professional and responsible person, he made a number of calls last year to check on me while I was going through cancer treatment. A very sincere man.

• Like 2

As they say in the EAA mag:

"Not alone into the sunset, but in the company of those who went before him"

Sincere sympathy to the family and the community of friends and pilots who knew him.

• Like 3

My worst fears have been realised. I was with the two pilots on Wednesday at the Airbourne factory at Red Head.I am gutted, they took two brand new Trikes back home. I was only speaking to them during their pre-flight on Friday morning.

This is devastating. This guy was meticulous with safety ... we all knew him well.

Rest in peace my friend.

David,

I am so sorry to hear that it was one of your friends and I gather I will probably know him from this site but at the moment I have no idea who it could be.

Stay strong David, my condolences to the pilots family and everyone else that knew of him.

Regards

Alf

It is with sadness that I advise the passing of one of our forum friends:[ATTACH=full]17760[/ATTACH]

Ian,

Thank you for the information, although I never met him in person I have had many a great conversation with him on your site.

I am absolutley shattered to hear this news.

RIP my friend may you soar the heavens forever.

Alf

• Like 1