Ultralight crash near temora

My Sincere Condolences to Davids family and friends. David's enthusiasm and love for flying as well as his wisdom will be sorely missed.Rest in Peace David.Cheers for all your wonderful input on this and other forums.

• Like 5

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sad news indeed

I too am devastated to learn of the forum members fatal accident

Never met him but always respected his options on this site

My condolences also to family and friends

Phil

As they say in the EAA mag:"Not alone into the sunset, but in the company of those who went before him"

Sincere sympathy to the family and the community of friends and pilots who knew him.

MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY AND REGARDS TO A GREAT PILOT FRIEND AND FELLOW AVIATOR,

MY HEART GOES OUT TO HIS FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND HIS MATE WHO WAS BESIDE HIM WHEN HE WAS TAKEN FROM US,,

WE WILL MISS HIS SMILE ,HIS NATURE,HIS CONVERSATION AND GREAT MOVIES /PICTURES HE SHARED WITH US,

A TRUE GENTLEMAN,,,

MAY HIS SPIRIT SOAR WITH EAGLES AND SMILE DOWN UPON US,,

REST IN PEACE MATE.

REGARDS GRAHAM CAMPION AND FAMILY,

MAY THIS BE OUR LAST FOR SOME TIME IT HURTS EVEN MORE WHEN YOU KNOW THEM,,

• Like 1

RIP davidh 10.

Like others here I only know you by your forum name and have always had respect for your opinions and outlook.

Fly easy and forever my forum friend. Condolences to family and friends.

Pud

So sorry to hear this tragic news. My recollections of David 's posts on this forum are that he was a good, decent man who made a lot of sense. It was clear that he was very keen on promoting safety and good airmanship amongst his peers. Deepest sincere sympathy to David's family and friends.

John.

Very sad indeed. More so when it is evident that the person has good safety practices. May we all resolve to be very careful . My sincere sympathies to those close to him. I hope there are others able and available to comfort them in their grief. Nev

It is times like this that no words will ever seem to say what you really want to say. Like many others, I only knew David through the forums, but felt that he was very passionate about flying and indeed, this forum.

RIP mate, and thanks for all the wise words.

Guest Maj Millard

My condolences also to Davids' family and close friends. I only knew David from our forum conversations, but he was one of us, a regular, and I shall miss him. All I have to offer at this sad loss of a fellow aviator, is a quote from the great Charles Lindberg " To die in the pursuit of adventure, is a worthy death indeed"........................................Maj...051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

Oh goodness... I swapped a few words in a conversation with David about YYWG stuff just a couple of days ago. It's hard to believe that he has gone.

I feel ever so deeply for his family and many friends, but I feel especially for Peter and Anne at Yarrawonga with whom he spent so much of his time.

Blue skies mate, and...

kaz

It is with sadness that I advise the passing of one of our forum friends:[ATTACH=full]17760[/ATTACH]

Oh my goodness! I'm lost for words... I've dealt with David a bit over time, just can't believe it was him.

This is a terrible, terrible blow to us forum-members all as well as to the wider community of microlight pilots. Like many others I only knew David via the Forum, but I always respected his point-of-view and read his posts with appreciation. There could be no doubting his passion for flying and his commitment to safety. To his family and friends my sincerest condolences. Special thoughts, too, for Peter and Anne at Yarrawonga with whom David spent a lot of time and from whom he learned much aviation wisdom and lore.

RIP and farewell.

As with many others I only knew David through these forums, but respected his opinions and obvious concern for airmanship and safety.

RIP.

This is indeed a condolence thread and, frankly/sadly, there are too many of these cases. My sincere condolences to the families who have lost loved ones.

I'm shocked to find out who it is. Apart from being a very professional and responsible person, he made a number of calls last year to check on me while I was going through cancer treatment. A very sincere man.

I lost my father to cancer earlier this year and it's pretty unpleasant. T/P: I didn't know you were undergoing cancer treatment yourself. I hope your doctor took good care of you in this.

As with many others I only knew David through these forums, but respected his opinions and obvious concern for airmanship and safety.RIP.

Neil, what was the person's Forum name?

Very sad indeed, my sympathies to David's family and friends.

Makes me reflect life is short, very short, also reminded me of what King David wrote, like a flower it is so brief:

Psalm 103 "Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust. As for man, his days are as grass: as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone; and the place thereof shall know it no more."

• Like 7

I sit here looking out the window at the drizzle, and the gloom reflects pretty much how I'm feeling at the moment. Like most of you, I knew David only through our conversations here, but I can't think of one person more ready to investigate the questions, to understand the regulations, to think through the safety issues and to make sure that he was trained and practiced, ready for whatever came. It's only human nature to look at terrible events and find reasons why it couldn't happen to me - too dark, too low, too cloudy, too poorly maintained; I'd never let that happen, would I? - but something did happen, David, and only you know how you reacted, what you tried, how you fought to manage an impossible situation.

So now on this grey day, who among us can still sit here and say it couldn't happen to me.

Vale David.

• Like 6