At last it's finished and ready to fly

Herm

IMG_8896.JPG.8d76c9b2124d4d298696f9b0728225ec.JPG Well it took lots more work than I first thought.. My Jabiru SK is now finished and ready to fly. It has passed it's sign off... Yea Yea I know its old hat as a model, but to me it's now my pride and joy, and I am really looking forward to flying it. Kit was purchased in 1998 and has sat around in someone elses hangar. It now has been given life and would have to be the only SK 2.2 that is brand new in Australia I think?

I have posted some pics, and for those that read Guernseys post, you can now see what the rego is... I was going to nick name it Jumbo 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

How funny is it going to be on inbound calling as a Jabiru 747

Thanks for looking

Mardy[ATTACH=full]18384[/ATTACH]

IMG_8884.JPG.f9f7bdee1ea8a1f4e761bd34c4c9d937.JPG

IMG_8889.JPG.88660c0f2ace2f4165b1ced8dce0021f.JPG

IMG_8891.JPG.40ba47e628dafd9deaf6bf722f4c5e89.JPG

• Like 2

Mardy

Looks like a great aircraft.

Out of interest how many $ do you estimate it cost you to get to this stage.

I don't have the expertise to do what you have done but am interested in how much y0u saved from a factory built version - not counting for the hours involved in conpleting the task.

FrankM

MardyLooks like a great aircraft.

Out of interest how many $ do you estimate it cost you to get to this stage.

I don't have the expertise to do what you have done but am interested in how much y0u saved from a factory built version - not counting for the hours involved in conpleting the task.

FrankM

Well frank I am not a good guide for this as I got this kit unfinished from a prev owner that just never finished it. I keep getting told that I stole it from the guy! The fact is that I saved it and gave it life at last. I only purchased it due to its very low price, as I would still be flying my trike. This was a great chance for me to own a 3 axis aircraft at a price I could afford. It did however take lots of work, but I did enjoy doing it. But I think you can save up to 40% by building yourself rather than factory built. Second hand at the moment is also a great option. Money is tight and there are some great deals around.

How funny is it going to be on inbound calling as a Jabiru 747

Hah! Please tell us about the reactions(s) once you get around to flying it and get on the radio with that!

Congratulations for finishing the plane. It looks very nice!!

"Congratulations for finishing the plane. It looks very nice!!

"

Indeed congrats on job well done! love the hub-caps and the polished struts.

Jabiru 7471.

Now we need some suggestions as to how we call up using the mandatory Four letters.

Truro Flats traffic Jabiru Seven-four-seven-one mile north of the field and inbound.

Gawler Traffic, Jabiru Seven-Four-Seven-One of a kind, dam wall at one thousand five hundred and inbound Gawler.

??????

Alan.

Mardy:Superb airplane inside and out. Congratulations and hope you have many happy hours flying in it.

Where did you get your slip indicator? I've been looking for one like that.

Hi Scott. The slip indicator was supplied with the aircraft as a standard item. Not sure of its origins.

Regards

Mardy

Nice Job mate.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif I remember back in the day when Skyfox flight training owned skyfox 55-757.There was also from memory skyfoxes 55-747 and 55-767.Not a hundred percent sure on the last two though.(I have drank alot of burbon and beers since those days)It was a long time ago. 55-757 is correct but.

clean, clean, clean work..... some very nice touches there, you have got to be absolutely busting with pride.

great job and really look forward to reading some flight reports and maybe some video!

"

Indeed congrats on job well done! love the hub-caps and the polished struts.

Thanks Ian. Just thought I would mention for others where I got the wheel trims. If you do a Google for Vic Leggot Jabiru you will find his jabiru site. He sells all sorts of neat stuff. I got some nice sun visors that are tinted for flying into the sun...

• Like 1