RAAus stopping membership

bushpilot

• Replies 471
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's usually something that emerges when you are stressed. I've not experienced it myself, but it's not fun at all, depending on the severity. Steve R is a human . Nev

...Stressed and ONLY if you have had chicken pox in your life...

I may have it wrong but I would think that if you returned only the first page without voting directions on the four resolutions, you are if fact authorising your proxy to place your vote as he sees fit, if as I did giving my proxy (with directions) to the chairman, then he would use my vote to support his wishes if my other three pages happened to get mislayed somewhere.

I may have it wrong but I would think that if you returned only the first page without voting directions on the four resolutions, you are if fact authorising your proxy to place your vote as he sees fit, if as I did giving my proxy (with directions) to the chairman, then he would use my vote to support his wishes if my other three pages happened to get mislayed somewhere.

Unfortunately not so, without a clear direction from the person issuing the proxy, the proxy is informal and therefore invalid ... of no effect. Anyone altering the proxy paper by say crossing out or indicating where the issuer did not is fraudulently interfering with an election. At the moment under current constitutional rules we cannot give the proxy holder the right to make a choice on our behalf that is what one of the special resolutions is supposed to allow.

Shags,you do understand the issues which have been continuing to develop over the past 18 months?

And you are happy with it?

And you don't think anything will happen? (Well other than those kids who were instantly grounded, oh and those guys with 24 registration which ooops has become 19 and forget it if the aircraft was bought for training)

Relax. I meant Windsor. I am hauling my ass down there to observe and vote in favour of the changes.

Too many Steve's, we should get rid of one to make it easier.075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

Hi Shags

I'm not usually vindictive (trust me, I'm a lawyer) but I think we are way past the point where we need to get rid of both.

Kaz

• Like 1

Hi All

I am posting the below email that has been sent to Mr Steve Runciman, CASA and every RAAus Board Member to keep you all informed as to where I am progressing with this despicable action that was taken by Mr Steve Runciman and the RAAus Executive.

Dear Mr Runciman

When I applied to re-join RA-Aus early in August, I experienced an unusual telephone experience with RA-Aus. Instead of the process that other rejoining members have experienced, I was put on hold whilst the office staff member went to "check something" (her words). Upon her return the staff member proceeded with taking my details and credit card details for payment. Some days later, I noticed that my credit card had not been debited with the RA-Aus payment. I telephoned the office and was advised that my application had not been processed.

I subsequently received a letter from you dated 13 August 2012 which effectively denied me membership of RA-Aus and the right to fly until the Board met to review my application on 22 September 2012. The letter also contained some unsubstantiated allegations about me.

My solicitor sent you a letter on 15 August 2012 stating that your actions were contrary to the law in a number of aspects. The Secretary/RA-Aus did not respond to my solicitor.

You (not the Secretary) sent me a letter dated 6 September 2012. This letter contained no apology for the allegations in your earlier letter. I received the letter in the afternoon of 7 September 2012 which was too late for me to nominate for a Victorian Board position – a role I had previously held and, had I had the opportunity, would have lodged a nomination.

Three weeks is a long time to wait for a response to my solicitor’s letter and I am left wondering if your agenda was to prevent me nominating for a Board position.

You continue to demonstrate your unsuitability for the role of President and the action against me described above is despicable and you and your assistants in this action, Tizzard, Middleton and Reid should immediately resign. You should also publish an apology to me in the next edition (October) edition of “Sport Pilot”.

I require you, Tizzard, Middleton and Reid to resign within fourteen days of this email. If you do not, I will through my legal counsel, commence action against you personally, including criminal, and the RAAus for the wrong you have done to me.

• Like 1

Ian, I can't help but agree with you that you were being held from renewing your membership until nominations for the VIC board position closed. It has been discussed on this site of your interest in standing for the VIC Board position and the current Exec would NOT of wanted that. I can be corrected but I think that all the names mentioned above were holding RAAus positions when you were last a Board member. The AGM tomorrow should be very interesting.

Cheers

Ian,

In my opinion I would have thought that legal action against the executive would have been inevitable especially for this particular stunt; it had to be the most ill-informed, misguided and unprofessional corporate stunt I have seen in a long time. It has been alleged that the executive withheld notifying you of their decision to allow your membership application to proceed until the day that nominations closed for the Victorian Board position. Now why would they have done that given they had received legal advice that your membership should not be delayed almost a week earlier. Anyone with half a brain could speculate intelligently on that one ... they did not want you on the Board.

I would suggest that if the executive did in fact constructively delay approving your membership until such time as it was not possible for you to nominate for the Victorian Board position, then criminal charges could easily be laid against anyone complicit in the action. In my opinion charges should be laid whether they resign or not. Another example of the stupidity and ignorance of the action in the first instance; and as I have stated before , in my opinion by their actions they are unfit to hold a Board position let alone as the Executive. What do they think they are in ...an old boys club and exempt from corporate and federal law?

• Like 1

David,

What approach will you take if the RA-Aus response to your questions-on-notice is that the Prez is not present at this AGM and they cannot answer them without him being in attendance?

Regards Geoff

Cap't, not sure if David is currently available due to his daughter's wedding but "off the record" I have heard that Runciman has been drafting answers to the questions...but not sure what we will hear first, from David or the results of the AGM.

Transparency is normally required for an Incorporated Association meeting, since the members own the Association, and there should never be anything to hide. An AGM should normally never go in camera.

The minutes are required to reflect all significant intercourse, and they are required to be lodged with the ACT Department of Justice, so there doesn't seem to be any impediment.

However you could check the ACT Department of Justice website re any privacy.

Whether the Chairman can bluff people out of recording a meeting is another matter entirely

The issue, which would need to be confirmed, is that only members are allowed at an AGM and a recording can not be guaranteed that only members would later have access to it (as I said, would need to be confirmed)

Anyone, anywhere in the world has access to the fine details of the RAA AGM - and not only that but detailed financial results, and the history year by year, available on the Department of Justice website, for a fee.

This members only having a peep thing relates to the people who were ensuring secrecy before the last election, and who have continued to ensure secrecy, despite protestation to the contrary, since.

• Like 1

The only reason financial members are permitted attendance at an AGM is because only financial members can vote on resolutions and the easiest way to assure only members vote is to ensure only financial members attend.

Regards

David,What approach will you take if the RA-Aus response to your questions-on-notice is that the Prez is not present at this AGM and they cannot answer them without him being in attendance?

Regards Geoff

Geoff,

1940hrs here Friday night in Vancouver and Mum and Katherine have gone out, so I am on line again ... LOL. Some times I think I am on 'internet rations' ... LOL.

The President has to answer the questions at the AGM because he committed to answer questions put my the members because he wasn't going to be in attendance and he is also obliged to answer me in writing.

We will have to wait and see the outcome of the AGM.

Regards,

• Like 1

Are you allowed to record the agm?

Shags,

I see no impediment to that; the meeting is on record and any statements made are a matter of record for the membership and can be recorded in the minutes which ultimately go wider than the member public.

In any case the current President, who was at the time of the Temora meeting of members in 2011, the treasurer, recorded the whole Temora meeting of members and did not see the need at the time to advise the members. Personally I see no harm in recording the meeting for the purpose of a very accurate record of events and in this particular case, I hope someone had the forethought to do so for the benefit of those who could not be in attendance

The only reason financial members are permitted attendance at an AGM is because only financial members can vote on resolutions and the easiest way to assure only members vote is to ensure only financial members attend.Regards

Probably another regulation broken taking that path.

A more professional way would be to show your membership number at the door and receive a numbered card.