RAAus Fails CASA Audit Again

Robert

Guest airsick
...I have also heard of a few members not sending their paperwork in because of the current situation. I ask that once you are sure that your paperwork is correct that you do not hang on to it but send it to the office as soon as you can.

Kind regards,

Steve Runciman

President

I received an email from an importer yesterday in which they had asked for a specific list of the paperwork requirements and this was the reply from the current tech manager:

The member/owner checklists have not been finalised as yet by the consultant so there is not much use sending them to you.

I will however let you know what is required as soon as I find out.

So if the tech manager doesn't know what is required then how can we, as aircraft owners, ensure our "paperwork is correct"?!?!

Nice one SR, good to see things are in control...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we have any aircraft registered to be worked on by anyone soon? In case you haven't seen my posting on another thread.

Cost of the Registration Embargo to the Organisation and the Members

Fellow Ra-Aus members,

We need to sort this crises with aircraft and the attitude that members are not important, out. Let's just do a bit of maths to see why it is so crucialto have a meeting and why we belive the Board has lost their way and continue to focus on themselves instead of the organisation.

We have a fleet of around 3600 aircraft. Divide that by 50 weeks in the year (allowing for Christmas and other holidays)

That means 72 a/c a week need to be registered or 14 approx a day.

The embargo began on Nov 6 and 14 working days went by and NO a/c were registered.

14 x 14 = 196 a/c in the Backlog

In the next 7 days, another 98 arrived, but only 10 went out.

The total to be registered as of Dec 5 is now 196 +88. We now have a backlog of 288 to be registered.

At the current rate of 2 per day getting registered with 14 per day coming in, that will mean when staff go on their Christmas break in 13 days, we will have 14 -2 X 13 days, an additional 144. So a Grand total of a backlog of 432 aircraft.

Financially, if each a/c rego costs $130, by the Christmas break we will have registered 36 aircraft and achieved an income of $4,680.00

We will have lost 432X$130 = $56,160 in income.

That is only for the period from Nov 6 to Dec 24 (assuming staff work on the 24th).

If a/c are not registered, then flying schools cannot take new students (missing out on members), do BFRs, (missing out on renewing members). Industry who cannot sell their aircraft cannot afford to be sponsors for Natfly and other flyins.

Questions that need to be asked.

1. How many a/c are registrationed are each day?

2. Is Neville Probert the ONLY person who can approve EACH Registration?

3. Is he working EVERY DAY or just 2 or 3 days per week?

4. What is the EXEC and the CEO doing to improve the situation?

We have a right to know.

Cazza

• Like 4

I think we now know the terrible answers to all of those questions Cazza; the top priority is a plan of action to get volunteers trained up and in there minimising the damage, and the CASA Audit concerns rectified to CASA's satisfaction rather than screwing around with talkfests on restructuring something that works well, but has a people problem.

• Like 1

I received an email from an importer yesterday in which they had asked for a specific list of the paperwork requirements and this was the reply from the current tech manager:The member/owner checklists have not been finalised as yet by the consultant so there is not much use sending them to you.

So if the tech manager doesn't know what is required then how can we, as aircraft owners, ensure our "paperwork is correct"?!?!

If I was in that position, I think I would make my own from the tech manual. Probably a bit hard with renewals, unless you have kept perfect records of all correspondence, but with a new registration, I would just follow the manual. It's hard to see what could be objected to, if you ticked all the boxes under the right category.

dodo

EDIT -fixed grammar

I received an email from an importer yesterday in which they had asked for a specific list of the paperwork requirements and this was the reply from the current tech manager:The member/owner checklists have not been finalised as yet by the consultant so there is not much use sending them to you.

Stupid computer!

Airsick,

I would assume that this relates to imported aircraft, which is where the problems started (again)

Cazza,Do you have suggestion on what we can do? I sent a signed form to request a general meeting I am not aware of what else I can do.

Richard.

Richard, If I had any suggestions, I would have well and truly tried to implement them!!!. Life for us looking

nothing but GRIM.

Cazza

http://www.casa.gov.au/scripts/nc.dll?WCMS:STANDARD::pc=PC_93418And now the threats begin! I think McCormick thrives on being a dick.

Unless I'm mistaken, this release has 29/09/09 as the published date , so this really has nothing to do with the current problems ,although the penalties for breaking the law obviously apply .

That date sounds about when the last of the old school 95;10 where dragged kicking and screaming into the RAAus, conform or jail was the choice he gave.

I haven't checked the dates, but I imagine the Hume dam accident might have prompted that. No license or certificate (never had one), unregistered aircraft (never registered it after buying it), went out and buzzed boats at low level on the dam, clipped a wing on the water, went in but survived.

Enough to make anyone cranky. Not just illegal, but deliberately dangerous to uninvolved people, which is rather more serious than breaking the law and risking yourself (although you will go to jail for that, surely enough).

dodo

Guest airsick
If I was in that position, I think I would make my own from the tech manual. Probably a bit hard with renewals, unless you have kept perfect records of all correspondence, but with a new registration, I would just follow the manual. It's hard to see what could be objected to, if you ticked all the boxes under the right category.dodo

EDIT -fixed grammar

Fair comment dodo (and in this case that's exactly what is happening) but if that's the case why can't the tech manager simply do that and produce a checklist?

I have benn following this thread for a while now. There seems to be variable issues of problems relating to the audit via casa.

I rember when we built our 19 reg aircraft, I filled in all the requirements, pics of panel, pics of ergo number etc. I kept a file of what I sent. Sometime later I got a notice that I had failed an audit and was requested to send the underwing pic of reg, numbers, which I had already supplied! Sent again to appease.

Next I bought an 24 aircraft and was grounded after an audit because the paper work (supplied by the manufacturer) was not sufficient?

What I am getting at is IMHO the system that we had in place for registration was sloppily recorded and attention to detail was ignored.

I won't and can't point a finger to any individual or group, but if I was a manager the paperwork should be in order as per the regulations laid down by casa to assure that we as an organisation comply with the rules.

Probably we have grown from when I joined from about 3,000 to our current membership of 3 times that and has caused the system to outgrow the capabilities of the staff to keep up with the requirements.

We are currently trying to fix the problems by all I have read, howevever until we change our mentality and follow the rules, the problem will continue.

Thanks to all those that offered help.

If a flying school near me that has suffered from this catastrophe, I will offer my J 230 to hire to them, just pm me and we will talk

Let's hope all is well in the near future

Phil.

• Like 10

I have benn following this thread for a while now. There seems to be variable issues of problems relating to the audit via casa.I rember when we built our 19 reg aircraft, I filled in all the requirements, pics of panel, pics of ergo number etc. I kept a file of what I sent. Sometime later I got a notice that I had failed an audit and was requested to send the underwing pic of reg, numbers, which I had already supplied! Sent again to appease.

Next I bought an 24 aircraft and was grounded after an audit because the paper work (supplied by the manufacturer) was not sufficient?

What I am getting at is IMHO the system that we had in place for registration was sloppily recorded and attention to detail was ignored.

I won't and can't point a finger to any individual or group, but if I was a manager the paperwork should be in order as per the regulations laid down by casa to assure that we as an organisation comply with the rules.

Probably we have grown from when I joined from about 3,000 to our current membership of 3 times that and has caused the system to outgrow the capabilities of the staff to keep up with the requirements.

We are currently trying to fix the problems by all I have read, howevever until we change our mentality and follow the rules, the problem will continue.

Thanks to all those that offered help.

If a flying school near me that has suffered from this catastrophe, I will offer my J 230 to hire to them, just pm me and we will talk

Let's hope all is well in the near future

Phil.

I know that not everyone would be keen to do this, but maybe some of the guys with still regoed 24 aircraft might be able to help out thier local flying schools, I know there will be issues with it but it could save the bacon of a few of the schools. I'd do it but mines not eligible, just putting it out there and good onya Phil :-)

• Like 2

Well the school had its first weekend of flying cancelled largely due to the registration issues. Our Gazelle was grounded due to maintenance being needed and the Jabiru's rego expired on the 29th of November. Fees paid about 3 weeks prior to expiry but still held up in the backlog. I'm quite sure there are some out there who'd fly it anyway but that's not the way we do things.That's 2 full days flying down the drain...

Well a big thank you to the guys at RA-Aus for their efforts last Friday. The J170 registration was renewed at 7:30pm which allowed some training to take place on the Saturday.

Thankyou for the extra efforts put into getting flying school aircraft around the country back into the air!

Guest Andys@coffs
I know that not everyone would be keen to do this, but maybe some of the guys with still regoed 24 aircraft might be able to help out thier local flying schools, I know there will be issues with it but it could save the bacon of a few of the schools. I'd do it but mines not eligible, just putting it out there and good onya Phil :-)

Just dont forget about your insurance.......Most who just fly themselves will have a $ top required to have it online.......

Andy

Guest airsick
Well a big thank you to the guys at RA-Aus for their efforts last Friday. The J170 registration was renewed at 7:30pm which allowed some training to take place on the Saturday.Thankyou for the extra efforts put into getting flying school aircraft around the country back into the air!

I hope this isn't my fears coming true. Let's all give them a pat on the back for a job well done. What about the fact that their incompetence led to this situation in the first place? What other skeletons are hiding in the closet? While I appreciate the hard work everyone is putting in I'd appreciate some smart work a whole lot better...

I too received my reregistration label and receipt today, - hopefully everyone else who's been caught up in CASA/RAA's little game will also be back on the register in the not too distant future. I have to say that I thought this backlog of registrations was going to take forever to clear after I spoke with them last week. Congratulations RAA for at last making rego's a priority so that we can enjoy the privileges of membership.

• Like 1