Positions available at RAAus

Admin

Msg posted on RAAus Notices on 24/12/2012

Face2Face recruitment agency has been chosen by the Board to recruit a General Manager and Technical Manager to RA-Aus.

Applications for the above positions already received will be forwarded to Face2Face and further enquiries/applications should be sent direct to them. Contact details are:

Face2Face Recruitment

Suite 2

16 Bentham Street

YARRALUMLA ACT 2600

Telephone: 02 6163 7500

Facsimile: 02 6163 7555

Email: [email protected]

Please be advised their office is now closed until 7 January 2013.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On their website they nominate 9 specialties including mining and oil & gas. No mention of Aviation or not for profit.

There are firms in Canberra who claim an aviation speciality. Have to wonder why F2F got the job.

Guest Maj Millard

Well we have been very vocal against in-house hiring and appointments, so now it's out of their hands we can't complain anymore.................but I'm sure f2f won't want to hear from us either !......................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Well I may have considered the position as Tech man at some stage in the past. However now that the RAAus appears to have a strong CASA hand assisting at the tiller, who would even bother. We are not 'self- regulating' anymore that's for sure. My hats off to the next brave sole silly enough to take on that job !!....Any major operational decision made by the RAAus in the future would have to be approved and overseen by CASA, so we have now become simply a paid puppet of their's, and not a very well paid one at that.......................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I think that everybody will support the new GM & TM, there is no reason not to support them. They were not responsibly for all the stuff ups. The GM & TM will have their work cut out for them though. I hope they succeed in sorting things out & I wish them well.

• Like 8

I don't think the whole recruitment process would have been outsourced - probably just to the point of providing a suggested shortlist, and providing governance and documentation services.

I would hope the board still has a role...

dodo

no idea Kaz....an interesting turn however...the positions should be done and dusted by the Feb meeting....

Which raises the point on whether, with the knowledge that there is a serious meeting coming up which may well fire them, the remaining executive members and board members have the power to do this.

Ok members, the outsourcing was suggested by me. The previous appointments have been a huge failure so why do something that we are not skilled at. Give it to professionals.

I contacted 4 agencies myself, three did not respond, one other did and said they would come back with a proposal and they didn't. Face to Face was the only group that even appeared professional.

So if any one here has any more negative comments to put forward do me a favour and call your rep before typing. Again we (board) are trying to fix the damage and move forward to a better RAA.

Regards,

Jim Tatlock

Vic Rep.

• Like 15

Guest Maj Millard

Well the only thing I hope for in the new appointments is that they know what the letters UL mean, and that they may have possible have seen, or flown one at some stage in the past !...because we have lots of real good people in our membership ranks who have !....Would this have been mentioned as a possible 'requirement' to f2f Jim ?.................................Maj...086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif

I don't think the whole recruitment process would have been outsourced - probably just to the point of providing a suggested shortlist, and providing governance and documentation services.I would hope the board still has a role...

dodo

I'm with dodo. Correct me if I've got it wrong but F2F presumably will be screening the masses of applicants, shaking them down and ultimately recommending to RAA Board those few short-listed hopefuls for the Board's final selection?? At any rate, I'm very suppportive of this revised manner of filling positions in the organization 'cause, let's face it, previous methods in a number of cases haven't been overly productive. Good move Jim. There are a good lot of us miserable old complaining bastards out in the swamps who are waving your's and a few other Board members banners. Hang in for our sake. Despite our ongoing problems, I wish each and everyone on these forums all the very best for the festive season. The New Year has so much promise. Cheers Y'all.

• Like 3

Guest Maj Millard

I believe one of the reason that there was little 'respect' for the past CEO was that he was not one of us, not UL enough, not an experienced ultralight man, or woman. And then he turned around and tried to tell us how, or how not, to fly them.

We need people in these positions that the membership know and respect, it is good for the long term health of our movement. Look for an example at the upper echelon in the successfull Australian parachute federation (APF), all highly respected jumpers who have been in the organization for a long time. Other jumpers respect their position and leadership.

We don't need ex-GA, ex-CASA wanabes, we need adventurous flyers like the rest of us who literally shxx birdseed !..and have done so for sometime...................................Maj...012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Hey that's not bad Don, it's simple, 'to the point' lines like that which have made fortunes in the past...you need to be in advertising my son !................................................................Maj...008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

The APF are right at the other end of the spectrum compared to the RAAus. Other countries representing skydiving bodies, the FAI and FAA all follow the APF's lead in risk management and sporting regulations.

The APF are right at the other end of the spectrum compared to the RAAus. Other countries representing skydiving bodies, the FAI and FAA all follow the APF's lead in risk management and sporting regulations.

So you're saying get out of RAAus and into something with better managed risk like parachuting??

My Foxbat has a ballistic chute, do you reckon if we have more rego problems I can slip across to the APF?

Lol Maj...I can just see the Job Advert...

Do you sxxt Bird Seed? If so Ra-Aus WANTS YOU!

Loved it Winsor! (in fact, just about spat my dentures into my coffee when I read it). "Sing like a canary. sxxt like a GM" should get us into the spotlight eh?

• Like 3

So you're saying get out of RAAus and into something with better managed risk like parachuting??My Foxbat has a ballistic chute, do you reckon if we have more rego problems I can slip across to the APF?

I may have to hold my breath on the risk management bit as we having our worst month and possibly worst year for a long long time.

One example of the APF's initative.

People have been commenting on lack of information from the RAAus concerning accidents. Investigation reports and prelim findings or lack of such in a timely manner. This is one area the APF deal swiftly in.

Most here will be aware of the 3 fatalities over the last 3 weeks. Within 5 days of the wingsuit fatality at Picton all memebrs of the APF recieved a 'Statement of Fact' concerning the accident. These when sent via email and come with a confidentiality clause so i cannot repost it here. But, it contains a vast amount of information from jumpers time in sport, jump numbers, ratings, experience etc, a complete list of equipment used. full description of conditions, aircraft type. wittness reports. in short it almost reads as a final report even though the investigation may be continuing. Ten days after that fatality everyone recieved another email broadcast notifying of immeadiate changes to the op regs concerning wingsuit decents that will prevent the same situation developing again.

The same happened with the Moruya fatality. And i expect the same for Sundays regardless of the holiday season.

fast response removes speculation and obviously adresses possible reocurrance of the same situation be it human or gear induced.

Guest Maj Millard

That's exactly what I'm talking about ozzie, we need the same prompt input on accidents, but have never got it...in fact lucky if we ever get it at all !...not good enough. The APF is a comparable sporting organization that is similar in funding from CASA (self regulating) and works. Maybe our people should go over and take notes from their people ?...