What's the biggest plane you've flown

Guest Bigfella

Guest Bigfella

Training in the little warrior out of Moorabbin I get to see a lot of bigger planes around me

As a typical male, bigger is always better! so I was wondering what everyone else has flown size wise, dont need specifics but pics would be nice:oh yeah:

Cheers,

Bigfella

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Training in the little warrior out of Moorabbin I get to see a lot of bigger planes around meAs a typical male, bigger is always better! so I was wondering what everyone else has flown size wise, dont need specifics but pics would be nice:oh yeah:

Cheers,

Bigfella

....so you wouldn't like a Pitts Special or Extra 300??

• Agree 1

Guest Bigfella

Hi Neil, saw a beautiful Pitts Special yesterday doing circuits, the way they side slip in on approach is pretty amazing......

Unfortunately this thread all that counts is size 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Hi Neil, saw a beautiful Pitts Special yesterday doing circuits, the way they side slip in on approach is pretty amazing......Unfortunately this thread all that counts is size 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Flown a 747...............................................OK, it was a simulator, but landing at SFO was brilliant! 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Like 1

Got to stick a UN DC3 in Cambodia in the 90s when I was working there doing pro-bono work with the UN and YWAM. I was waiting in Steung Treng for a Russian MI26 Chopper to take me back to Phnom Penn, when this white ZK registered UN DC3 landed, flown by this older guy Captain Kirk (I kid you not). I conned a ride back in the DC3, (much more fun than the biggest chopper in the world).

I asked him to do a low pass over Steung Treng as we departed, well I got my wish and the the old 35mm camera was going flat out. We flew North West towards Khmer Rouge territory to drop off a load of produce at an election compound set up by the UN and boy was that a hairy landing into a short gravel/grass strip. Amazing how he handled that old girl.

After we took off on the way back to Phnom Penn he told the co pilot to get out and let me fly it for quite a while. I was flying towards Khmer Rouge country and the Captain said to me ... " see that outcrop over there ... better bank to the left buddy , if we fly over that out crop they will shoot at us ..." true story. It was an exhilarating experience. Landed later at Phnom Pen (not me, the co pilot did).

Training in the little warrior out of Moorabbin I get to see a lot of bigger planes around meAs a typical male, bigger is always better! so I was wondering what everyone else has flown size wise, dont need specifics but pics would be nice:oh yeah:

Cheers,

Bigfella

Took an A380 for a spin this morning, piece of cake.

Just kidding.

I had a fly for about 20 mins of a DC9 in Canada back in the late 90's from the co-pilot seat. Was flying from Toronto to Thunder Bay. We were snowed in at Toronto for 5 hrs and I got to speak to the FO (a woman) for about an hr or so while we were all waiting. When we finally took off The hostie came back and asked if I would like to "go up the front"...well is the pope a catholic so of course I did. The captain was a nice guy too the FO after about 15 mins got out of the seat and I got in there and got to fly it for a while. It was excellent quite smooth actually. I got out and stayed in the jump seat for the landing. The FO did the landing and it was a greaser too. I got a xmas card from her later that year..she was a bit of all right too I just wished I was single then...cause she was. In most of the travelling around the world I usually managed to get up the front most times and was there for a lot of landings and only a few takeoffs. The 911 came and it stuffed it all totally..no more jump seat joy rides

Mark

Guest Howard Hughes

Biggest I've flown is a Jetstream, the best I've flown would be a Baron, the Ferrari of the skies!

Most fun for your money, Drifter!

Sorry I missed the picture part!

Yours truly at the controls! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Got to sit in the captains seat with my hand on the controls of a Qantas Boeing 747 on the way to Cairns from Auckland (pre 911). Well it was in autopilot but I don't usually say anything about that to non aviation people. This was in the days when Qantas had a flight engineer & Boeing had to install an extra seat that other airlines didn't need. Amazing what power some unions used to have.

C210 or a c185, not sure which is bigger but I do know which one I dream about owning, although the 50 or so litres an hour keeps me firmly in the land of reality!

Completely and totally green with envy David, I WILL fly a DC3 before I get put in a box ,,,,I WILL. ,!!

• Like 1

Had some hands on in F111 c 1hr flight some at 500ft then out to sea where I did some alerion roles back to base where the pic wanted some twitch and goes. Only did the roles but what a blast.