Hurry up and wait

biggles5128

Thought that I would get in early, my aircraft is not due for renewal until June/July so sent an email off to RA AUS to ask if there was any information missing from my file that I could supply now, well before renewal so as to avoid being grounded..

Reply, your file will be audited upon renewal payment. So not sure if early payment will see that happen or only at renewal date.

• Informative 1

your file will be audited upon renewal payment. So not sure if early payment will see that happen or only at renewal date.

I would be making a further inquiry of Ra-Aus... I would be interested in hearing the result...

Thought that I would get in early, my aircraft is not due for renewal until June/July so sent an email off to RA AUS to ask if there was any information missing from my file that I could supply now, well before renewal so as to avoid being grounded..Reply, your file will be audited upon renewal payment. So not sure if early payment will see that happen or only at renewal date.

Run it pass your area rep it would be a good test of where he's at !!!

• Agree 1

i sent my renewal in the first week of Jan, with payment, aiming to get it done before i was grounded. renewal was due 4th of feb, only received the rego yesterday, was grounded from 4th till now.

By the sound of it, I must be one of the few lucky ones. Mine was due 10 Feb, I sent it in mid January, received it about 03 Feb.

• 1 month later...

Anybody that have recently received theit rego back, what sort of turn around is there at the moment???

I sent our rego in just on four weeks ago, with photo's, weight and balance sheets etc. From today we're GROUNDED!!!! 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif 086_gaah.gif.afc514336d60d84c9b8d73d18c3ca02d.gif 067_bash.gif.26fb8516c20ce4d7842b820ac15914cf.gif

Guest Howard Hughes

If you sent the appropriate paerwork in four weeks ago, why would you not contact them? Possibly as early as four weeks ago?

I sent paperwork photos etc a month ahead, have been grounded last two weeks. Missed Temora. Not happy. I phoned Leanne and was told that my file is in a pile on a desk. I didn't get any idea of how much longer it will be. This is my third grounding. First was for no CofA on file, second was for no weight and balance on file. I am wondering what else might be missing. I sent in the photos but sent only one side of the plane, have since read that others have been knocked back for not photographing both sides.

• Agree 1

Gee. Do you think that RAAus should send out a checklist of required documents when they send out the renewal request paperwork?

Or would that inject some degree of organisation into their system?

OME

• Agree 6

Received my renewal notice on Friday 23rd Feb, with covering "IMPORTANT NOTICE" which advised sending rego number photos, cockpit warning placard photos, MTOW placard and hours and landings for the previous year. This notice with Paul Middleton's name at the bottom. Had already had made and fitted the MTOW placard (which wasn't required when aircraft first registered in 2006, and no subsequent advice received as to its necessity). All done and posted on Monday 24th Feb.

As rego was due to expire on Wednesday 27th March and no contact from RaAus, I rang RaAus office on Monday 25th March to inquire. Was told that my paperwork had been received on 28th Feb and was yet to be processed. Was also told that "we have just started processing March renewals" and that my file would only be looked at when its turn came about.

So I too couldn't make Natfly and am effectively grounded until my file makes it to the top of the pile, however long this may take.

I make the point that at the time of initial registration in 2006 as a 19 rego, ALL the required documentation was submitted and approved. No subsequent request for further documentation has been received to date, so I can only assume that with the MTOW placard everything is now in place. Time alone will tell if my assumption is correct!

Thought that I would get in early, my aircraft is not due for renewal until June/July so sent an email off to RA AUS to ask if there was any information missing from my file that I could supply now, well before renewal so as to avoid being grounded..Reply, your file will be audited upon renewal payment. So not sure if early payment will see that happen or only at renewal date.

At the renewal date i was told mine has been in and paid 3 weeks before it expired a couple of days ago, i rang and queried why the money hadn't been taken out in the past w3 weeks.

Answer we dont take the money until the rego is due.

Go figure, the books should look good with all the interest next year.

Alf

If you sent the appropriate paerwork in four weeks ago, why would you not contact them? Possibly as early as four weeks ago?]I contacted them!!! ....First, to ask what they required with the renewal ......second, after I emailed it through, to ask if they received it and if they required anything else. I was also told at the time to expect a delay in the processing because there was a backlog.

Thanks for the feedback guys. If your info and assumption is correct Alf , mine shouldn't be too far away. That is as long as they don't take the money on the due date and then take another three to four weeks to process the rego.

• Like 1

Flyhi Thanks for pointing us to the update. It is a bit alarming. There are three categories of delay, all of them requiring further information. There is not a category that says we are a bit slow but your rego will come through without a request for further info. Or am I missing something?

• Agree 1

Thanks Flyhi and thanks Wayne for the update. But the update doesn't help me with what I was hoping for, what sort of delay can we expect from rego expiry until we get our rego card? I can understand further delays if they require more info but I am hoping they have all the info they need.

Have you received your card yet Alf?

• 2 weeks later...

The RAA Website rego updater has been at it again................. From what I read its all over!. We are all to be congratulated! . (I didn't see the vacancy advertised for a spin doctor? But someone is doing a splendid job of it. ) So now I wonder why I still can't fly.. Called Wayne.......... got message bank. "call you back " it said. Didn't say when! .......Called Dean, he, at least, picked up. But no help as he was not in the office.."I'll let you know" he said...I hope he does....someday soon....I am so pissed off.....Geoff

Hmmm

Register a plane on VH and do the paperwork once. No annual renewal, no annual fee. Just get an annual inspection for a new Maintenance Release (which is a good safety practice when all is said and done), and away you go.

If annual renewals were a good thing, and a fine source of revenue, why doesn't CASA require it for VH airplanes? Don't tell Treasury, but it would be a great revenue stream (and that's not a dig directed to Conservative or Labor governments)

OME

• Like 1

HI OME,

I went that way and as I have CPL, I am away and flying. I had 3 years of delays but after the first year I photographed it all(just in case) so that was 18 photos, even photos of serial numbers too. Year two and year three sent photos in each year, plus W&B and hours flown, the only thing I did not send in was the colour of my undies(maybe I should, ha, ha) still had a six week delay each time. Yes rang on a regular basis(every week), even asked if the office wanted admin help, no response to that either - wonder why????

To tell the truth I am getting very disenchanted with RAA management, I joined to get back to the fun of flying, that under 50kts feeling and the bugs in the teeth and all that. The actual flyers are top people it is just this admin stuff that is well.....................!

Bob.

• Like 1