Running for parliament

This is what is says on the Nationals website:

Nationals Mallee Pre-selection Open

Mar 16, 2013

Nominations have opened for Nationals pre-selection for the federal seat of Mallee for the next Federal Election, a seat which has been held by retiring Federal Nationals MP John Forrest since 1993.

Following a meeting of The Nationals State Council on Saturday it was announced that nominations for the seat of Mallee will open at 9am Monday, 18 March 2013, and close at 5pm Monday, 25 March 2013.

Mallee pre-selection will be held Sunday, 14 April 2013.

Nationals State Director Stuart Copeland encouraged potential candidates to nominate for pre-selection, which he said provided the opportunity to represent the Mallee region in federal parliament and work as part of a future Federal Liberal Nationals Coalition Government.

Source:http://vic.nationals.org.au/Media/MediaReleases/tabid/131/articleType/ArticleView/articleId/6864/Nationals-Mallee-Pre-selection-Open.aspx

As you can see, nominations happened yesterday 25 March 2013. Perhaps Andrew didn't get nominated or he has pulled out of the preselection race?

Hi all, website had to come down from the moment the nomination forms are handed in, pre selection rules apparently. Pre selection is on the 14th of April, I'll post and let people know how I get on. If I win that's good, if not,I'll have more time for flying and have a trip planned for Perth. Safe flying, and thanks for the encouragement. I agree with the sentiment that we need good people in all parties to ensure good government.

Might have defected to the Greens or something?

The irony is, to my mind, Nationals have more in common with Greens than with Libs. Both Greens and Nationals care about the environment, sustainable land management, and small businesses. It's only on social conservatism that they seem to be in step with the Libs.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Caution 1

Yeah, well I wasn't going to mention the crazies at the top out of respect for Andrew.

But one of the scariest prospects this September is that we end up with the Mad Monk as PM and Barnaby as deputy. Brrrrrr. 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

• Haha 1

Oh yeah baby!

After the next election we'll have T Abbott as PM, B Joyce as Deputy PM, J Hockey as Treasurer, C Pyne as ???, J Bishop as ??? and on it goes. It just goes to show what relentless negativity backed up by 75% media penetration can achieve.

Policies: Do they have any sensible ones?

• Like 3

Oh yeah baby!After the next election we'll have T Abbott as PM, B Joyce as Deputy PM, J Hockey as Treasurer, C Pyne as ???, J Bishop as ??? and on it goes. It just goes to show what relentless negativity backed up by 75% media penetration can achieve.

Policies: Do they have any sensible ones?

Remember Barnaby has no leadership ambition, his only noble goal is to unseat Tony Windsor so Warren Truss will be our deputy.

• 4 weeks later...
www.andrewbroad.com[/url]

Hi Andrew

I'm an old farmer and I have huge regard for those who work it ethically...nurturing the resource rather than raping it. But I have followed politics for many years and I truly despair.

I thought a young McNamara might have been someone for the bush and then saw him side with city-centric Kennett and Howard to remove firearms from law-abiding citizens. I thought Anderson would understand the need to protect reginal and remote airfields and he sold us down the drain with an unenforceable contract (or non-enforcing bureaucrats). And the former Labor Government in Victoria did no better by giving the air ambulance contract to bloody Pel Air rather than sustaining the incredible RFDS that has done such an incredible job for people outback and elsewhere.

So at nearly 70 years of age, I'm a bit cynical, I guess. You aren't much more than half that age and I hope you will have the strength of character and purpose to remember and keep faith with those who elect you in years to come.

Kaz

• Like 3
  • Agree 4

• 4 weeks later...

I am not 70 only 54 but from what I have seen there are many good people who go into politics with many good intentions and aspirations but it doesnt take too long to corrupt these intentions and it seems to me that ALL of them seem to get turned into political animals. How do we fix this???? well I think the inbuilt corruption and nest feathering is so endemic in this area that it is probable it will never come back to people putting themselves up for election then getting in and actually making a difference. I am sorry if I seem so cynical but this is how I see it all. The only way to have any real change is to have a benevolent dictator for a while to straighten things out. One person needs to make the decisions and then these need to be carried out there are too many apprentice chefs in the kitchen the problem is their first jobs before getting into the kitchen were not based on living in a real world application.

I have many ideas that would fix a lot of problems in my opinion but most of the population would not like them but I am sure it would get things moving again. Some of the major parties have had some good ideas but do not have the guts to implement them properly. I could rant and rave here for quite a while but I won't as I don't particularly want to get into a political debate per say but with all the travelling I have done working all around the world seeing how other people live we really do live in the best country in the world ...we are just doing our best to stuff it up totally

Mark

A bit of honesty in the media would be a good start. They have too much power without accountability and can destroy anyone they choose to when it suits them. Tony Windsor has enormous respect in his electorate for integrity but being an ex LNP they don't like that and will try to GET him. The previous candidate they put up, got embarrassingly removed quickly. Bananaby knows he has a big job to do and he can't really go far as a senator. I guess he will go back to being one if he fails to beat Winsdor. Nev

Failing isn't an option, I live in the electorate, Windsor is a puppet, believed all the promises and got nothing but NBN in Armidale that the bulk of his constituents don't need and can't afford. He won't get anything from the in-coming conservative government either so as I said failing for old Baraby isn't an option.