Runciman resigns...AGAIN

Admin

The phone has been running hot this morning with the news that the RAAus President, Steve Runciman, you know the one we didn't have, has resigned again. This is confirmed by many different sources however tomorrow is another day.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest airsick

I've always understood it to mean one of two things:

Lazy Mother F...

Lack of Moral Fibre

The latter is used on the context of the military where people don't have the mental fortitude to continue the fight...

It's a prehistoric military term for "shellshocked". It was Lack of Moral Fibre. A fairly meaningless term in the modern treatment of it where it is referred to as PTSD. Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Nev

The phone has been running hot this morning with the news that the RAAus President, Steve Runciman, you know the one we didn't have, has resigned again. This is confirmed by many different sources however tomorrow is another day.

Did somebody say something to upset him? There's plenty of time to retract it again, I say!

• Agree 1

Do you know something ft or just speculating? We do a little too much of that here. Nev

I was asking the question, the only recent changes to the RAA have been the 2 new seniour staff. I can only assume that they are agents of change.

I was asking the question, the only recent changes to the RAA have been the 2 new seniour staff. I can only assume that they are agents of change.

There are also some "potentially" extremely serious things in the wind at the moment so until they see the light of day, if they do, then we can only wait and see what eventuates however I "believe" the two new incumbents are busting their gut to do things properly...I say that as I haven't heard anything to the contrary.

Once Middleton goes, I personally feel we can all start busting our gut together overcoming any enduring obstacles and make RAAus the pinnacle of success in self administration of a recreational aviation body

• Agree 7

So what happens if the board elects a new president, who is not Runciman, can Runciman withdraw the resignation again and still claim that his withdrawal is still valid based on previous legal advice? Could we go from having 1 president to 2? A scenario almost worthy of a Monty Python sketch!

I posted on this thread, reconsidered and decided to retract my post. Following legal advice, which I shall not share, it has been established that I am entitled to retract my post as it wasn't a real post. No one is entitled to argue with my retraction unless they are prepared to take me to court. Finally, this post shall exist as proof that I did not in fact post on this thread.

Signed,

A Poster

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 4
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 2

Your post cannot be retracted. Taking one look at your name

this is the mischief I would expect, along with the mocassins, but since my brother in law is Chief Justice, we'll simply retract the retraction.

• Like 1

Peter Slipper resigned or withdrew His application I believe. Who would really know?. Clive does it for effect. Nev

Have you noticed that every time Tony Abbott says something dumb (often) Clive distracts the media chooks?

• Haha 1

Its an exciting opportunity for Steve Runciman to pursue other activities. Hopefully, this won't be the last we hear from Steve.

I wonder who will be appointed to fill the position of President? So many good candidates!

• Haha 1

Its an exciting opportunity for Steve Runciman to pursue other activities. Hopefully, this won't be the last we hear from Steve.I wonder who will be appointed to fill the position of President? So many good candidates!

Who is putting their hand up then?

Middo is the one we really need to see the back of. I'm convinced the rest (even SR) are either willingly or unwittingly dancing to his tune.

I hear you can't talk to the staff at the office at present - the volume of the popping champagne corks has made the telephones unusable!

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Informative 1