Runciman resigns...AGAIN

Admin

It's a bit disappointing the reason for resignation mid-term is the usual political one "to spend more time with my family".

As usual with such politician's reasons, it always leaves me wondering why you would take on the board role, knowing it's requirements, if you would just leave without completing the term you stood for. It doesn't show much respect for your constituents if you don't complete a term as representative.

Mind, I think quitting as President is a bit different - the board should be collegiate enough to handle that change, and you could still provide background and advice to the new prez,

dodo

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Nev...I still miss her heaps :-(Weather doesn't look too bad. Fine with light winds north of the Divide both days. Some scattered showers Saturday south of it and clearing Sunday.

I have to get over the Range but its low point is not far north of Kyneton and I should be ok. I've got two new tyres to fit while I'm there and two Bungy cords as well. Was going to get Transaero to do a couple of other jobs but that might do for one weekend.

Kaz

Kyneton flyin is Saturday I think , and I'd vote for maj if I lived in banana bender land still

Can anyone tell me what possible basis there could be for keeping the resignation of the President & Nth Qld rep CONFIDENTIAL from the members who elected him to the position?

What planet does the RA-Aus secrecy department come from? Could you imagine the resignation of, say, the President of the United States of America being confidential from the voters who put him there?

email to all with email addresses would be most effective but at least on the RA-Aus website.

I can't see why it was not up at 0900 on the day it was effective and notified to the Board rather than 36 hours later and after it had been on this and other fora for 24 hours.

• Agree 2
  • Caution 1

email to all with email addresses would be most effective but at least on the RA-Aus website.I can't see why it was not up at 0900 on the day it was effective and notified to the Board rather than 36 hours later and after it had been on this and other fora for 24 hours.

Because the promise to keep the members updated via the website was only kept for ten days after the February meeting, then it was back to mushroom treatment like always.

• Agree 2

Guest Maj Millard
I would support that but Cap't may not have the time.He has business and management knowledge and experience which is what we need on the board, not another general aviator/CFI

Ian, I would agree that a board member shouldn't always need to be a CFI, however a 'general aviator' as you state, should certainly be applicable for nomination, in what is a democratic, member-supported, sporting organization.

If we only accept members who have 'business and managerial expertise', then we are building an elitist organization similiar to the one we are trying to dismantle at the moment !.. We hired the new GM because he has 'business and managerial knowledge'..that's his job. Board members are there to represent there area members and to vote on board items of discussion.....................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Ian, I would agree that a board member shouldn't always need to be a CFI, however a 'general aviator' as you state, should certainly be applicable for nomination, in what is a democratic, member-supported, sporting organization.If we only accept members who have 'business and managerial expertise', then we are building an elitist organization similiar to the one we are trying to dismantle at the moment !.. We hired the new GM because he has 'business and managerial knowledge'..that's his job. Board members are there to represent there area members and to vote on board items of discussion.....................................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

the qualifications for board membership are in the constitution: ie, they must be a financial member and that's it. They don't need a pilot's licence.

• Winner 1

If we only accept members who have 'business and managerial expertise', then we are building an elitist organization similiar to the one we are trying to dismantle at the moment !.....Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Ross, now`s your chance if you want it! You`ve got my support.

Frank.

• Agree 2

But maybe they should have a pilot certificate and some aviation related background as well as some corporate experience, a clear vision of where they feel the bulk of the members want the organisation to be for them, and an idea of how to get it there. Just my slant on it, just because you can fly, dosen't mean you can manage the organisation and you need to have the love and passion for flying ( our kind of flying ) to be a manager !

Ross, now`s your chance if you want it! You`ve got my support.Frank.

Yes come on Ross, now is not the time to be humble, time to make all that sense you make, where it will count.

Guest Maj Millard

Thank you all for your support, I am giving it serious thought atm, but I'm pretty sure I'll throw my hat in the ring at this time....(as much as I detest the mix of sport and politics !)...............................................Maj...024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Firstly please believe when I say this post has absolutely nothing to do with Maj personally or anyone else for that matter.

But, please everyone, I beg you, let us not go down the same track as we have always done in the past by simply voting our mates in, many of the current RAAus Committee members are there because of that and that is why we are going through so many traumas at the moment more than many realise. We have been refused insurance by some 27 insurance companies and in a couple of weeks our insurance is all gone...stay tune for a mass exodus from the Committee and major impacts on your flying unless that can be averted. We are being hit left right and centre with legal issues and are paying out huge amounts of "our money" for so called professional advice and we may wake up one day and have no assets left. We need candidates who are pilots and maybe in the Insurance industry, we need candidates that are pilots and perhaps in the legal profession, we need candidates that may be a pilot and also an accountant or maybe a pilot who is currently the CEO of a large successful enterprise. Let's start the turn around now. We don't need more pilot and CFIs on the Committee as we already have enough of them to cover that area for us and which is why we are in dire consequences. So please, let us not just keep on doing the same old thing by voting our mates on whilst our freedoms to fly next week, and the week after that, are being continually challenged to the point that we may wake up one day and have lost everything...what will you think of your "Mate" then. I so strongly encourage, beg, plead, what ever it takes to get candidates to stand and vote them onto the Committee who can help us in any one of areas that we are being threatened almost every single day.

As I said, this is not personal against any single person but rather I hope you see it for what it is...putting the long term future of RAAus first and above all else and protecting your freedoms to fly when you want to, free from having any encumbrances brought about by having our mates on the Committee. Let's get many more candidates and see what they can offer to help us in our needs today.

• Like 1
  • Agree 5
  • Winner 2
  • Caution 1

I agree Ian but at the moment we need someone who at least can see the issue, the last thing you want is one of middo's mates jumping in and taking the position and maintaining the toxicity of the board.

• Agree 1

Firstly please believe when I say this post has absolutely nothing to do with Maj personally or anyone else for that matter.But, please everyone, I beg you, let us not go down the same track as we have always done in the past by simply voting our mates in, many of the current RAAus Committee members are there because of that and that is why we are going through so many traumas at the moment more than many realise. We have been refused insurance by some 27 insurance companies and in a couple of weeks our insurance is all gone...stay tune for a mass exodus from the Committee unless that can be averted. We are being hit left right and centre with legal issues and are paying out huge amounts of "our money" for so called professional advice and we may wake up one day and have no assets left. We need candidates who are pilots and maybe in the Insurance industry, we need candidates that are pilots and perhaps in the legal profession, we need candidates that may be a pilot and also an accountant. We don't need more pilot and CFIs on the Committee as we already have enough of them to cover that area for us and which is why we are in dire consequences. So please, let us not just keep on doing the same old thing by voting our mates on whilst our freedoms to fly next week, and the week after that, are being continually challenged to the point that we may wake up one day and have lost everything...what will you think of your "Mate" then. I so strongly encourage, beg, plead, what ever it takes to get candidates to stand and vote them onto the Committee who can help us in any one of areas that we are being threatened almost every single day.

As I said, this is not personal against any single person but rather I hope you see it for what it is...putting the long term future of RAAus first and above all else and protecting your freedoms to fly when you want to, free from having any encumbrances brought about by having our mates on the Committee. Let's get many more candidates and see what they can offer to help us in our needs today.

I think this post needs to be taken very seriously otherwise nothing will change, except maybe no RAAus and a heap of planes grounded.

• Agree 1

I agree Ian but at the moment we need someone who at least can see the issue, the last thing you want is one of middo's mates jumping in and taking the position and maintaining the toxicity of the board.

There is an old thought in the IT industry...Windows only let's you see things, imagine a computer operating system called "Doors" where you can actually open the door and do something

• Like 1

Ian, are you promoting a Nth QLD candidate with all the qualities Ross would bring , plus insurance industry experience, because who ever that is , they need to be raising their profile with the members particularly from Nth QLD, just in case they find themselves contested for the position. If one thing all the mess of the last year has done is awaken a much larger proportion of the members that all is not well as it has been discussed around aero clubs all over the country, more people are seeing that sitting back and letting someone else balls it up is no longer an option and uncontested ballots may be a thing of the distant past.

• Like 1

What is the worse case scenario come May 31st if no insurance is found? I have heard that it could be as bad as every board member would have to resign because they would automatically become liable with the risk of losing their own personal assets in a lawsuit? Am I on the right track or have I not interpreted information correctly ? There are still RAA members with their heads well and truly stuck in the sand and honestly think that nothing is wrong at all in RAA headquarters .The only thing that has happened is that Steve has resigned for family reasons.