Runciman resigns...AGAIN

Admin

Nothing on the RA-Aus website. Not really a surprise, but does anyone know anything more than has been said so far?

bit frustrating, and a bit deja vu...

dodo

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was asking the question, the only recent changes to the RAA have been the 2 new seniour staff. I can only assume that they are agents of change.

I learned many years ago not to make assumptions, FT.

Hang onto your collective hats, folks because it could get a little bumpy from here.

RAAus needs a new look Board comprising people who bring strong professional skills that will help lead it into the future. It needs an entirely new Executive with the best of the Board members elected to it. It needs an Executive with vision that can work with CASA, the regulator, and carry out its contractual responsibilities as expected by CASA. It needs to fix the incredible mess that RAAus has descended into and it needs to establish a framework that will serve to prevent that mess ever happening again.

The message to any existing Board members who are just coasting or want to stay as the old guard is "shape up or ship out".

Kaz

• Agree 13
  • Winner 1

I had a beautiful old dog until recently when I had to have her put down because she had cancer.

I got her as a tiny black bundle of fluff, just 6 weeks old. She was a Kelpie and she began working lambs as soon as she saw them. She went onto master sheep, cows and calves, and even chooks and geese. She used to come flying with me and she had her own CASA issued permit to fly.

But when she got old she just decided she was "retired". She seemed to know that she had contributed all she could. She enjoyed life as a couch potato for several years until the end and when she saw sheep or cows and things she would go to the fence and look at them before walking back to me and giving me the "good times, weren't they?" look. I hope I can leave flying like that when the time comes.

I think it's important to know when the time is right and I think for people like the RAAus Secretary, that time has come now.

Kaz

• Like 1
  • Agree 6
  • Winner 1

Managing RAAus is no different to managing a large design and construct project

I'd say there are more authorities and rules to negotiate as well

I'm not putting my hand up --- busy with a two billion dollar job

• Like 1

Today the news on this site is great, we hope , for RAA with the presidents resignation. Someone alluded that there is more in the wind. Well the best upcoming news could be that the Secretary and treasure also resign from the board post haste and let someone capable do the job instead of the three muskeeeters who have been running the show into the ground for the past year or so with their own personal constitution and not the Consttiution of the members of RAA.. Lets us know the news ASAP of the next resignation. Now I know why I could not get through to the office today, the champagne corks were popping. When the secretary resigns it will become a full weekend of celebrations, however don't contact them in the office Monday as they will all be in "hang over mode" and will be applying Human Factors procedures .

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nominations closing 31st July 2013 gives plenty of time to see what happens in the coming weeks and subject to that, plus if no other decent candidates make themselves known and I can get a Nth Qld person to nominate and second me perhaps I might stand...now that would make things interesting and see many current Committee members running for cover 028_whisper.gif.c42ab2fd36dd10ba7a7ea829182acdc1.gif

• Like 2

Yes my understanding is any RAA member can nominate for the vacant position regardless of location, being a North QLD member I'm looking forward to seeing who puts up their hand to 'right the ship' and share their views/opinion/policy on improving recreational aviation in Australia (and north qld)

Guest john

Now that it is official that our CLAYTONS PRESIDENT has eventually fell on his sword, which had to happen sooner or later, as sure as night follows day, does anyone know who is ACTING PRESIDENT or is the ship sailing along without a CAPTAIN at present in unchartered waters? 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif 016_ecstatic.gif.5614e5a92e2fc049dab310e6470edb70.gif

The official notice is:

President’s Resignation 16/5/2013

May 16, 2013 | opsassist

On Wednesday May 15th the President Steve Runciman resigned his position as RA-Aus President, and North Queensland board member, indicating that he wished for both resignations to take immediate effect. Mr Runciman cited increasing home pressures as the reason for his regretful decision, offering to continue assisting the Association in whatever capacity it deemed appropriate.

The Board has reluctantly accepted Mr Runciman resignation, acknowledging – and thanking – him for his significant contribution in very difficult circumstances. In accord with Section 16 of the Association’s Constitution, nominations (closing 4.00 p.m. EST Wednesday, 31st July 2013) are now be called for to fill the Board’s North Queensland vacancy.

Board members have also been invited to nominate for the vacant Presidency (nominations closing 5 p.m. EST Sunday, 19th May).

Mark Clayton

General Manager

Now that it is official that our CLAYTONS PRESIDENT has eventually fell on his sword, which had to happen sooner or later, as sure as night follows day, does anyone know who is ACTING PRESIDENT or is the ship sailing along without a CAPTAIN at present in unchartered waters? 016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif 016_ecstatic.gif.5614e5a92e2fc049dab310e6470edb70.gif

So there will "possibly" be a President by the end of next week...if someone puts their hand up

We have our very own Captain, who i'd be happy to back.

• Agree 1

We have our very own Captain, who'd i'd be happy to back.

I would support that but Cap't may not have the time.

He has business and management knowledge and experience which is what we need on the board, not another general aviator/CFI

Guest Andys@coffs

The news article content:-

"Board members have also been invited to nominate for the vacant Presidency (nominations closing 5 p.m. EST Sunday, 19th May)."

Pressumably if currently rudderless then not for much longer....

There are some standout candidates that could put their hand up........Oh hang on..........

Interesting that the closing dates preclude the meteoric rise of the new Nth QLD rep to the position of President.

Due process of an election for Nth Qld would rule them out understandably simply due to the need to fill the Presidency position asap

• Agree 1

I can't find any reference in the constitution to the appointment of a President (or acting President) other then the members of the board will elect the Executive at the beginning of the Annual Board meeting

12. Constitution and membership of the Board.

(iii) The Members of the Board, will elect, at the beginning of the Annual Board meeting,

presided over by the Public Officer, the Members of the Executive, from within the Board

(iv) The Executive shall consist of the President, Secretary and Treasurer.

• Informative 1

The official notice is:President’s Resignation 16/5/2013

May 16, 2013 | opsassist

On Wednesday May 15th the President Steve Runciman resigned his position as RA-Aus President, and North Queensland board member, indicating that he wished for both resignations to take immediate effect. Mr Runciman cited increasing home pressures as the reason for his regretful decision....

Do they really think we are that silly for crying out loud? Sounds like the same excuse from the resignation that came last year! If you cant say it for what it is, just do the usual "We wish him well in the future".

Scotty 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

• Agree 2

Sorry to hear about your pal, the Kelpie Kaz. How's the weather for Kyneton, Sunday?

Thanks, Nev...I still miss her heaps :-(

Weather doesn't look too bad. Fine with light winds north of the Divide both days. Some scattered showers Saturday south of it and clearing Sunday.

I have to get over the Range but its low point is not far north of Kyneton and I should be ok. I've got two new tyres to fit while I'm there and two Bungy cords as well. Was going to get Transaero to do a couple of other jobs but that might do for one weekend.

Kaz