A new Oz engine on the way?

bexrbetter

I would just like to mention a Higher level Chinese company is involved - read that back a few times and you might see it .... ;-) It's a very slow process though.

Anyone is welcome to visit me anytime and see what's happening.

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to mention a Higher level Chinese company is involved - read that back a few times and you might see it .... ;-) It's a very slow process though.Anyone is welcome to visit me anytime and see what's happening.

Where are you in China are you? Really would like to see the engine in the developing stage.

If I go to China in the near future then will plan going to the town you are living. Still can not get over the speed of the trains.

We have been once and planning to go again what we saw was fantastic especially the shopping.

Regards

Keith Page.

Where are you in China are you? Really would like to see the engine in the developing stage. If I go to China in the near future then will plan going to the town you are living. Still can not get over the speed of the trains.

We have been once and planning to go again what we saw was fantastic especially the shopping.

Regards

Keith Page.

Chengdu, come and join me for some Panda claw soup.

Animal lovers don't worry, we only take one claw from each Panda.

• Haha 4

Chengdu, come and join me for some Panda claw soup.Animal lovers don't worry, we only take one claw from each Panda.

It is good to have help from the locals and as to what to eat.

How hot is the Panda Claw soup? Sounds hot.

Want me to bring a few good slices steak when I come over?

Those street cook ups with some animal on the spit I was not game to try them "What species is the animal?"

I only trusted those large eating establishments where I could see the food cooked fresh, I did not want to get sick.

Regards

Keith Page.

• 3 weeks later...

I want to mention you guys that today via the news report in this very forum,

http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/rotax-rolls-out-50-000-912-series-engine.119138/

... about Rotax producing it's 50,000th 912 series engine and that I figure aprox $15,000 = $750,000,000 in sales, my Group were over the moon about the forthcoming possibilities. Oh and when you say 4.5 Billion RMB in sales, it sounds even more impressive! ... and that's only a singular example, imagine Lycoming's chunk.

If we only got 5% of that Rotax 80+hp market it will be worth every bit of the effort.

Yes everything is progressing, slowly but steadily.

• Like 1

I want to mention you guys that today via the news report in this very forum,http://www.recreationalflying.com/threads/rotax-rolls-out-50-000-912-series-engine.119138/

... about Rotax producing it's 50,000th 912 series engine and that I figure aprox $15,000 = $750,000,000 in sales, my Group were over the moon about the forthcoming possibilities. Oh and when you say 4.5 Billion RMB in sales, it sounds even more impressive! ... and that's only a singular example, imagine Lycoming's chunk.

If we only got 5% of that Rotax 80+hp market it will be worth every bit of the effort.

Yes everything is progressing, slowly but steadily.

That is pretty mind blowing: 50,000 engines. Then there are many closely related engines used in jet skis, snow mobiles, etc which add to their sales volume (and profit, no doubt). It is a testament to the quality of their product that, despite the very high cost, they are continuing to sell them like hot cakes. Seemingly, they have little real competition. I am sure that Jabiru, D-Motor, Hirth, Viking and U L Power engines combined don't make up the 50,000 motors in the same period.

Keep up that Aussie tenacity and determination. I hope it really works out well for you and that there aren't too many speed bumps in the way to eventual success!!

I for one, am watching this space with great interest!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Bombardiers turnover in 2012 was nearly 21 billon dollars and it's profit nearly 2 billion dollars. I don't have the latest figures for 2013 or 2014 in front of me, anyway , good luck.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
About 1 or 2 weeks away from some announcements guys, thanks for your patience so far.

"Good things come to those who wait"

You must be excited.

Thank you keeping us posted.

Regards

Keith Page..

Arron, I read the link. Couldn't see much new there. Diesels may not be the answer as ordinary diesel freezes at a few degrees below freezing of water. Reliability is not assured either and very good petrol engines are getting close to the same efficiency as diesels. Reciprocating engines built light, are expensive or unreliable. Turbines are much more reliable but thirsty when small and flown at low altitude. I would consider a small Rotary (Wankel) for sport planes. Nev

I saw an interesting Wankel development op the net just a short while ago.................3 rotor, claimed to have fixed all the problems? But I cant find it today. Had some running as outboard engines, they had a very peculiar sound..Oh well, maybe later. Maybe on You toob

Die Sel.

It’s too early to say how the forced landing of Cessna’s diesel 182 JT-A test airplane after an apparent engine failure will impact the certification program. Cessna and French engine maker SMA are now working to determine what went wrong last Wednesday.The test pilot of the experimental 182 JT-A, N9008H, reported to ATC that his “engine blew” after its SMA SR305-230 diesel engine stopped running.

The 182 departed Independence Municipal Airport (KIDP) to perform a normal test flight as part of the certification process when it reportedly developed serious engine trouble over the city of Pretty Prairie, Kansas, just west of Cheney Reservoir. The pilot was uninjured after landing near the intersection of two roads in an open field.

The diesel Cessna 182 JT-A made its first flight in May and had flown about 200 hours before last week’s emergency landing.

Read more

I saw an interesting Wankel development op the net just a short while ago.................3 rotor, claimed to have fixed all the problems? But I cant find it today. Had some running as outboard engines, they had a very peculiar sound..Oh well, maybe later. Maybe on You toob

I remember when Norton in England started back up with their twin rotary bike, even had the chance to visit their factory and have ridden their bikes, powerful, fuel efficient and also having success in the racing scene. They were also using them for drones application in the military I believe.

These motors were lightweight and powerful and pity they didn't survive as reckon they could have been well suited to our pastime.

• Agree 2

You saw what just walked past too? 023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gifWait, what? Where the hell are you? 034_puzzled.gif.ea6a44583f14fcd2dd8b8f63a724e3de.gif

What was it the leggy one in the two piece or the good figure under the single piece.

Both were good.

Good viewing..

It is fuel availability that is the selling point. Out here Avgas is only at major airstrips and most of the time 91 Mogas is all that available in smaller towns and propertys.. but diesel is available.. I believe the RX8 had a 3 rotor version but the Wankel is not normally noted for fuel economy, but I know in Mazda's early testing they did have diesel versions.

I hear the Mazda rotaries can be heavy on fuel, oil and apex seals, but also that they're about 1/3rd lighter than equivalent engines and very smooth running. Anyone heard of an aero conversion?

I hear the Mazda rotaries can be heavy on fuel, oil and apex seals, but also that they're about 1/3rd lighter than equivalent engines and very smooth running. Anyone heard of an aero conversion?

I've seen 200 hp aero rotary's with a psru, local and os, still thirsty though.. don't remember who was doing the conversion..