A new Oz engine on the way?

bexrbetter

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope that you won't bump into too many hassles as this prototype is being put together, Bex.

Good news, I have done a deal with Sreknaw Aerospace for them to supply turbo incabulators for the reduction drive!

• Haha 2

I just posted this elswhere after I have been informed that people are confusing me with another Australian guy in China, the guy who makes some PSRU's in Hong Kong (I think) and does so while "borrowing" others designs, specifically Niel Hintz from new Zealand's products - he ain't me!!!!

All my products are patented in my name from my own original designs by the way, I do not steal or copy directly from anyone else.

Hi Guys,

It has been bought to my attention that I may be confused with the poster 1946, this is not so.

I have live and manufacturered in Mainland China (in difference to HK) for 10 years and I am currently developing a 90hp aicraft engine here and a range of aircraft to suit and I am from Australia so I can see why on the surface at least where the confusion may lay.

I use the handle "cheapracer" 99% of the time and have used it since around 2005 although in an Australian forum I use "bexrbetter" because I had registration problems.

I do not indulge in, IMO, unsavory business practices that have been mentioned and indeed hold full patents in my own name for everything I am proceeding along with.

Hope that helps!

Kram ;-)

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 1

Thanks bex, that video clip was so useful.

We have a Turboplanner on here as you know, but he has never mentioned anything about his encabulator.

I guess he wants to keep it to himself, along with his transoidal thrupple pulleys.

Good luck with the progress of the engine, you've certainly aroused a lot of interest on here.

How long do you estimate it'll take before you get a prototype up and running?

Kind Regards

Planey

Good luck with the progress of the engine, you've certainly aroused a lot of interest on here.

How long do you estimate it'll take before you get a prototype up and running?

Thanks for the kind comments to many of you.

I want a runner and sorted by years end.

Good news to those interested, is unlike many startups/good ideas that dissapear somewhere along the way sadly, this project is financially solvent even if things start off very slowly for a few years. I'm not boasting or being a smart ass when I say it's nice to have money, it's a critical factor for projects like this and it's really hard on businesses who use bank's money or other and then work hard just to keep others in luxury. Lets hope in the future this helps those "others" have less luxury and you Guys have more flying.

Hmm it's after the 20th, better make a phone call and see where my machined housings are.

We have a Turboplanner on here as you know, but he has never mentioned anything about his encabulator.I guess he wants to keep it to himself, along with his transoidal thrupple pulleys.

I only use it on Saturday nights, but it's too much of an advantage to risk broadcasting it here.

I've sold the pulleys.

• Haha 3

Thanks for the kind comments to many of you.

I want a runner and sorted by years end.

Lets hope in the future this helps those "others" have less luxury and you Guys have more flying.

Hear, Hear! Three cheers for an affordable engine. Go for it bexRB

I wonder how that (D Motor) will compare with Bexrbetter's motor (still in development) when this comes on the market??? Bex's motor sounds really interesting.

I will keep things up to date over there

sexmotor is a long way from finished

I guess I will be somewhere around half price, 10'ish- 11'ish, and yes it will be some months before I know whats what.

Casting company had a week off due to heatwave and factory being closed but temps fell today so I hope to get my machined cases the next few days and complete the center case design and start that process happening..

If the D motor is as expensive as mentioned above, they wont sell many here.

PS- Bex, if your engine turns out to be as good as I hope it will be and for that price. I hope you build a huge manufacturing facility .You will need it to keep up with demand.

• Agree 3

I hope you build a huge manufacturing facility .You will need it to keep up with demand.

That's the plan Stan but as I am not silly we will be making other products as well, my "3 product" motto, so even if they move slowly they will always be around.

Have other engines on the drawing board as backup if this design in itself is not a success.

That's the plan Stan but as I am not silly we will be making other products as well, my "3 product" motto, so even if they move slowly they will always be around.Have other engines on the drawing board as backup if this design in itself is not a success.

The aviation industry has been waiting for very long time for somebody like you mate. It is hard to justify the price of aircraft engines, when a brand new fuel injected V8 Chevy can be bought for under 10 K.

• Agree 1

The aviation industry has been waiting for very long time for somebody like you mate. It is hard to justify the price of aircraft engines, when a brand new fuel injected V8 Chevy can be bought for under 10 K.

It would bring it's own weight and balance issues though, light and reliable is the big ask, asking a big price. No good having it light and cheap, without the reliable, only time can prove reliability.

It would bring it's own weight and balance issues though, light and reliable is the big ask, asking a big price. No good having it light and cheap, without the reliable, only time can prove reliability.

Sure, but I think we have been taken for a ride under the costs of certification.

aircraft engines are low volume, high development costs. never be cheap

The basic horizontally opposed air cooled aero engine was designed well before I was born and we still pay through the nose for a engine. A non certified engine from clone manufacturer seems to be only 4 or 5 k less than a certified engine from Lycoming or Continental. Production costs would be more than a car manufacturer I guess. but I'm not sure that a air cooled HO piston engine that had been designed over 40 years ago should cost $20 000 plus US.

• Like 1

I'm not an engineer but I have some understanding of economics and marketing. Aircraft engines are mostly priced based on what the market will bear due to the low volume. If it was profitable the market would be flooded with engines.