A new Oz engine on the way?

bexrbetter

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can appreciate your secrecy for business reasons.

The only way I could answer is to go through the complete business process that has changed considerably a number of times and of course I'm not going to make that public except to say the project is quite solvent and has not stopped moving forward. I have an engineers meeting the 8th - 10th of January when some solid decisions will be made including to release where we are up to or not.

I also keep Admin (Ian) informed and up to date with the progress out of courtesy and intend to become a major sponsor when everything is in place to help support the forum.

2015 is going to be an interesting year.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1
  • Helpful 1
  • Informative 2
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 1

The only way I could answer is to go through the complete business process that has changed considerably a number of times and of course I'm not going to make that public except to say the project is quite solvent and has not stopped moving forward. I have an engineers meeting the 8th - 10th of January when some solid decisions will be made including to release where we are up to or not.I also keep Admin (Ian) informed and up to date with the progress out of courtesy and intend to become a major sponsor when everything is in place to help support the forum.

As long as you get my engine ready by the time I complete the airframe. No rush, really.

• Haha 1

I want electric powered aircraft to work also but it isn't... for the moment the low oil price has crushed it and in the longer term not until the long awaited major battery breakthrough becomes a reality. As prof John Torode told us the standard lithium ion battery currently used quite literally has a lower energy density than household garbage has.

• 5 weeks later...
The only way I could answer is to go through the complete business process that has changed considerably a number of times and of course I'm not going to make that public except to say the project is quite solvent and has not stopped moving forward. I have an engineers meeting the 8th - 10th of January when some solid decisions will be made including to release where we are up to or not.I also keep Admin (Ian) informed and up to date with the progress out of courtesy and intend to become a major sponsor when everything is in place to help support the forum.

I gather the meeting said not to release any information?

Mark

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

I was very worried abut the cameraman getting sliced and diced until I saw the size of the propeller blades. Bloody nice sound to the engine, think it'd be a bit heavy for the 701 though.

• 1 month later...