A new Oz engine on the way?

bexrbetter

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember guy's, a slow job always takes a bit longer time to get it right.

The Mk2 of anything is better than a rushed job to please the anticipation of the masses of the Mk 1.

I too, am eager to know what Bex has in store.

• Agree 1

As some will notice, this was posted elsewhere by me so out of courtesy should be here as well ...

2016 will be a very good year for engine announcements, I am aware of 2 others (not related to my things and they are also not related to each other) that are well in progress that will help change the face of the sport and would suggest to anyone considering purchasing an engine soon to be patient for a little bit longer until those 2 also reveal their wares.

That's 3 aviation specific engines (not modded VWs etc), of 3 different configurations, from 3 unrelated manufacturers (3 different countries even!) at sub $10K prices by the end of 2016.

80 to 120hp, there are different variations of specs, one of the other's intention is going straight up against Rotax and will match their 80 and 100, and later a turbo offering from the one base engine (as per Rotax) for example.

Proud to say I did the intial design configuration and some sourcing of that one and very happy to see it maturing in extremely capable hands. Not their first production engine either (this is number 5 or 6 I think).

And no, I can not and will not give out details, not my place to do so. I figure you'll know everything about all 3 by mid year.

• Like 3
  • Winner 1

• 4 weeks later...

I know I shouldn't be posting this as I was sent it in private but I couldn't help myself.

The new Bex is Better engine. It does weigh slightly more than a Rotax but some weight in the tail should balance the plane.

733547691_BexEngine.jpg.905d27371ad41ccfd87239a27eeaf40e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1
  • Caution 1

The niche is going to be crowded.

Excellent, hope so, will only attract more people in which is good for everyone.

I know I shouldn't be posting this

Nonsense, post any humour in any thread of mine anytime you like, thanks for the giggle!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I know I shouldn't be posting this as I was sent it in private but I couldn't help myself.The new Bex is Better engine. It does weigh slightly more than a Rotax but some weight in the tail should balance the plane.

[ATTACH=full]41337[/ATTACH]

Hmmmm ... Does that come with a rear mount option or do you have to bed mount it?

• Caution 1

• 2 weeks later...
I know I shouldn't be posting this as I was sent it in private but I couldn't help myself.The new Bex is Better engine. It does weigh slightly more than a Rotax but some weight in the tail should balance the plane.

[ATTACH=full]41337[/ATTACH]

074_stirrer.gif.5dad7b21c959cf11ea13e4267b2e9bc0.gif What I want to know is: how good are the through bolts?

• Haha 1