Approved overtime payment to Wayne Mathews.....

Guest Maj Millard

I think he didn't do enough as you can see now he doesn't have the position what's that tell you if your doing your job as in job discription you stay employed as to the light wing rego I rest my case sat and sun for a rego

OP,

May I respectfully ask that if you are going to post something on this thread could you please use your best efforts to make it intelligible (easy to understand) for a casual reader.

Regrettably I cannot fathom what you are attempting to say.

• Agree 5

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KeithIt must be a blue moon....I find myself agreeing with a post you made......I'm sure we will now return to our normal modi operandi......

Andy

There is something else we agree upon.

We think Jab 230s are OK.

Will win you over yet.

Regards

Keith Page

There is something else we agree upon.We think Jab 230s are OK.

Will win you over yet.

Regards

Keith Page

You didn't tell us what happened to your Terrier, Keith, or did it disappear in one of your daily seen cavities?

Hi Planedriver!

I should not mention the Terrier here as the thread is regarding Wayne's wages. However, it will be a good diversion

The Terrier is here has had a few changes., however getting close to airborn.

In the early days, I was talking to a LAME he asked if I had checked the symmetry, that started 12 month away from the project as I went and learnt aircraft physics, geometry etc. etc.. After all that, a lot of parts were remade, even the wings had a 8degree difference in the incidence, now that was fix, I won though. With all those fixes there was a great deal of time wasted. There is more, I took all the analogue instruments out and have gone to a Levil system glass cokpit. When I was snipping the wire away from the analogue I remembered all the grief the wiring of those things generated (all gone), now new grief - sender units and calibration, for saving of a heap of weight.

Even under the cowling had a make over:- the engine was breathing unfiltered hot air had to change that, the fuel filter/bowl/pump was sitting on the fire wall, under safety that had to be replumbed hence it has been a long road.

If I keep going I will end up with a novel.

Regards

Keith Page

• Informative 2

Hi Planedriver!I should not mention the Terrier here as the thread is regarding Wayne's wages. However, it will be a good diversion

The Terrier is here has had a few changes., however getting close to airborn.

In the early days, I was talking to a LAME he asked if I had checked the symmetry, that started 12 month away from the project as I went and learnt aircraft physics, geometry etc. etc.. After all that, a lot of parts were remade, even the wings had a 8degree difference in the incidence, now that was fix, I won though. With all those fixes there was a great deal of time wasted. There is more, I took all the analogue instruments out and have gone to a Levil system glass cokpit. When I was snipping the wire away from the analogue I remembered all the grief the wiring of those things generated (all gone), now new grief - sender units and calibration, for saving of a heap of weight.

Even under the cowling had a make over:- the engine was breathing unfiltered hot air had to change that, the fuel filter/bowl/pump was sitting on the fire wall, under safety that had to be replumbed hence it has been a long road.

If I keep going I will end up with a novel.

Regards

Keith Page

Sounds like an epic journey not envisioned from the original sales material, but will probably wind up being one of the best of the marque.

Good luck.

Now back to topic.

Sorry Guys.

It's all well and good to sit back and criticize a person , but unless we have been there and tried it ourselves then who are we to throw stones. Maybe we should just say thanks Wayne for your efforts and we hope the next to fill the position works as hard to get RAAUS rego's back on track.

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

It's all well and good to sit back and criticize a person , but unless we have been there and tried it ourselves then who are we to throw stones. Maybe we should just say thanks Wayne for your efforts and we hope the next to fill the position works as hard to get RAAUS rego's back on track.

Agree Pete,

There is no doubt about the mammoth effort Wayne put in, as to the precise reasons for the dismissal, they are for Wayne to act on. I am certain we appreciate the effort he expended and as I have said elsewhere on this matter, Wayne is a happier man out of there. So we need to move on and let RA Aus sort out the ongoing registration issues.

Wayne is a big boy and he has a few looking after his interests.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

Agree Pete,There is no doubt about the mammoth effort Wayne put in, as to the precise reasons for the dismissal, they are for Wayne to act on. I am certain we appreciate the effort he expended and as I have said elsewhere on this matter, Wayne is a happier man out of there. So we need to move on and let RA Aus sort out the ongoing registration issues.

Wayne is a big boy and he has a few looking after his interests.

YES... Wayne did a great effort to get us back in the air, however the experts know better and Wayne did not march to their band.

In Wayne's case he will have a silent grin when the wheel fall of the experts bus.

Regards

Keith Page.

YES... Wayne did a great effort to get us back in the air, however the experts know better and Wayne did not march to their band.In Wayne's case he will have a silent grin when the wheel fall of the experts bus.

Regards

Keith Page.

I really don't get how people can make these sort of statements about who did what. Unless you are the GM or on the board how would you know???

In Wayne's case he will have a silent grin when the wheel fall of the experts bus.

I doubt it. I suspect he cares more about RA.

Keith, the membership has been told bugger all about why either Wayne or Adam Finn got the flick. If you know more (about why Wayne was removed), it would be interesting to see if you could find out why Adam was removed from the job. Same reason - or even what reasons!?

I am concerned that we can't keep tech managers, especially through the current debacle.

dodo

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I really don't get how people can make these sort of statements about who did what. Unless you are the GM or on the board how would you know???

I was told. By a person with great respect. I could say direct from the horse's mouth.

Regards

Keith Page

I doubt it. I suspect he cares more about RA.Keith, the membership has been told bugger all about why either Wayne or Adam Finn got the flick. If you know more (about why Wayne was removed), it would be interesting to see if you could find out why Adam was removed from the job. Same reason - or even what reasons!?

I am concerned that we can't keep tech managers, especially through the current debacle.

dodo

I can not get any info regarding Adam..

Dodo one must be relentless when gathering information, because we get bum steers, always.

That is why I ask those questions and make statements here in this forum, as you see I get some stick not a worry for me as we are getting a slant on the situation, true/false, which concerns us all.

I agree it is a great worry regarding the tech. managers. The tilt on that one "if" the tech manager is not suitable, Who did the interview and who said yes you have the position, is the interviewer and the yes person not up to the task.?

Regards

Keith Page.

Personally, I suspect the quantum of the task and the very necessary resourcing are not fully understood by the Board or management. Further I would speculate that the functions of sorting this registration mess out and the functions of an effective Tech Manager are likely two different animals. Another speculation on my part is that previous Tech Mangers have been isolated and NOT given the very necessary resources to meet the high demands of a manual registration system. I know that Steve Bell approached the executive on a number of occasions seeking additional resources, I also know that Wayne did the same. I also know we still do NOT have a digital system in place. This blame lays squarely at the feet of those that held the cash exceeding $1MM and failed to invest in our digital future long before we had 3,000 aircraft and 10,000 members.

The significant issues that landed us in the litigation circumstances of the 'Sting' accident revolved around alleged errors in our registration process, and these alleged errors have been exposed as NOT limited to the 'Sting' incident.

One thing is for certain, we cannot continue down the path of Tech Man carnage that we have so regrettably done.

• Like 2
  • Agree 5

The tilt on that one "if" the tech manager is not suitable.........

Keith, you're doing a great job ferretting out the truth.

Wayne was pushing to have everyone working up to a standard where the Association could avoid the ultimate failure of never catching up, and in my opinion his suitability is not the issue, the suitability of another individual is.

• Informative 2

I also know we still do NOT have a digital system in place. This blame lays squarely at the feet of those that held the cash exceeding $1MM and failed to invest in our digital future long before we had 3,000 aircraft and 10,000 members.

Vision David, Vision.

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

I had a chat with Wayne during his employment. We have a similar career path, having both joined the RAAF in 1968, worked overseas at one stage, and spent our whole career in aircraft maintenance.

In relation to the Tech manage position he told me that in his whole career, he'd never had his back against the wall like he did with the RAAus...........................Maj....

Keith, you're doing a great job ferretting out the truth.Wayne was pushing to have everyone working up to a standard where the Association could avoid the ultimate failure of never catching up, and in my opinion his suitability is not the issue, the suitability of another individual is.

I heard that a CASA person attends at RAA and does the final check and then the actual signoff; then the registration renewal is finalised with money receipted and the rego forwarded to the owner. This is what occured with mine dated 11 Sept 2013 - 14. Cheers Mike

Teckair,

Some of us are respected and trusted and are given the truth, hence we can use this truth to make fair and just comments.

The truths are from the horse's mouth not some pub talk or urban myth.

Teckair you will get it too if you speak to the correct people.

Regards

Keith Page.

Teckair,Some of us are respected and trusted and are given the truth, hence we can use this truth to make fair and just comments.

The truths are from the horse's mouth not some pub talk or urban myth.

Teckair you will get it too if you speak to the correct people.

Regards

Keith Page.

That would be good if that was the case, the question for me is how do you know what the truth is? As I understand it the board and the GM are not not at liberty to reveal their side of the story. If this is correct you may only have one side to the story and my guess is there may be another side to this story.

Richard.