Behind the Avatar - Who are You?

Mark11

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Maj Millard
Does Wallsend field still exist Maj, or is it under suburbia like so many?

Well it was still operating when we visited about a month and a half ago.....quite a few hangars and lots of aircraft within, and some flying happening. Suburbia was visible just across the road though..A great little field that should be allowed to remain. It reminded me of some I had seen in similar circumstances in California around SF and LA areas..........Maj....

image.jpg.e6970149f5b8ae7971e6bf1d03f674ed.jpg

image.jpg.cbe7f4f1507fe18402ad98b34153a7dd.jpg

Well it was still operating when we visited about a month and a half ago.....quite a few hangars and lots of aircraft within, and some flying happening. Suburbia was visible just across the road though..A great little field that should be allowed to remain. It reminded me of some I had seen in similar circumstances in California around SF and LA areas..........Maj....

Okay Maj. I give up. Where perzacly is this Wallsend field?

Okay Maj. I give up. Where perzacly is this Wallsend field?

Google Earth, Wallsend NSW (west of Newcastle, then go directly north of Name place, single part bitumen, part grass/gravel strip and 3 hangars)

Thanks for that Byron. Your directions got me there, but I couldn't find it in ERSA or on the Newcastle VNC.

Who owns it and what is it's status?

I am pleasantly surprised that it exists. Our kid moved to Newcastle last year and we commute there regularly, but I couldn't find a strip within cooey of their place at Charlestown.

• Like 1

Guest Maj Millard

OK, it is a locked- gate private field, we visited there twice whilst at the recent Rathmines seaplane convention, both times at the invite of various dealers who met us at the gate to look at their aircraft...I know the Airborne, Quicksilver, and Flysynthesis dealers base there. I don't know who you would contact re operating there though, great little airfield and I heard there were plans to erect two new hangars which would suggest some degree of permancy for the future ?.......Maj....

Mmmmmm, say thats a nice Maton !

There's a bit of a story behind that guitar. I was about 10 years old when my uncle bought it at Allans in Melbourne. My dad bought an accordian and his brother bought that guitar. On my 50th birthday he presented it to me to 'look after'. Awesome!

• Like 3

Great topic.. who are we behind the avatar..!?

This is me flying an early Moyes 12 foot water ski kite in 1970....

42 years later .. now fly the most awesome microlights on the planet..!

Merry Christmas..!

Fly safe.. land SMOOTH..!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Don't know if I'll be able to sleep tonight after seeing some of them mugs.Me on the left, Mark Kyle on the right.[ATTACH=full]26477[/ATTACH]

A real brain training exercise even working out who is PIC when the photo is upside down, I obviously wasn't cut out to do aerobatics