Low flying penalty

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember buying meat, when the local butcher shop had sawdust on the floor and a big wooden block to chop the meat on. The meat was then wrapped in paper and string tied around the paper, what I don`t remember, is, anyone getting sick from eating the meat.One needs to ask the question, Why are so many people getting sick these days?

Frank.

The butcher always had a few fingers missing or short. He had not sued his employer about that.

And the maddest thing is building regulation. Grandpa grew up I'm a slab hut. Dad grew up in a home-built weatherboard cottage . I grew up in a fibro cottage. All of them are now illegal and our kids can't afford a house. And umpteen generations of our ancestors successfully grew up in caves. Now you have to build a McMansion to get council approval.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

The local butcher in our town back then, had lost three fingers on one hand, from the band saw! He still had his thumb and first finger to tie the string with though, and back then, he may have said something like this, "Fu#k that hurt, what a stupid thing to do, my fault" and left it at that.

Frank.

Guest Andys@coffs
wiki + govt sources says it all

fair enough....so how about some alternates that support your assertions......

I just thought the post was too long, so used dealt with.I was saying to the family doctor that quite often trained Psychiatrists and Psychologists can't pick one of the people who are over the edge enough to commit murder. He responded that the family doctor has usually known for years.

So my "dealt with would be:

(a) Following a compulsory report block the person from owning/obtaining the weapons (with suitable natural justice)

(b) Treat the mental condition of the patient

In the TWO most publicised UK multiple shooting tragedies over the last few years, ie, the Scottish P.E. teacher who killed lots of small children, and the Swindon shooting, where a bloke named Michael Ryan walked around the town killing people at random with a semi-automatic rifle, . . .Both of the persons involved were cleared as competent and safe to hold a UK Firearms certificate, even though they were BOTH known well known "Oddballs" in their local areas, and in the case of the Dunblane massacre, a lady police officer, who accompanied the firearms safety inspecto to the bloke's home on application, expressed strong reservations, calling the bloke a demented wweirdo,. . but he was allowed to have a certificate anyway ? ? so that was purely and simply a failure to apply the required criteria properly.

As a result, I and several thousand other shooting enthusiasts lost the privilege of home owned firearms, we had the "Two separate safes" rule back then also. Interestingly, only weapons using expanding ammunition were banned, but not those pistols using black powder, and muzzle loading rifles. . . .?

I gave it up after coming home from the range too often with my face and clothing blackened with soot ! !

Phil

In the TWO most publicised UK multiple shooting tragedies over the last few years, ie, the Scottish P.E. teacher who killed lots of small children, and the Swindon shooting, where a bloke named Michael Ryan walked around the town killing people at random with a semi-automatic rifle, . . .Both of the persons involved were cleared as competent and safe to hold a UK Firearms certificate, even though they were BOTH known well known "Oddballs" in their local areas, and in the case of the Dunblane massacre, a lady police officer, who accompanied the firearms safety inspecto to the bloke's home on application, expressed strong reservations, calling the bloke a demented wweirdo,. . but he was allowed to have a certificate anyway ? ? so that was purely and simply a failure to apply the required criteria properly. As a result, I and several thousand other shooting enthusiasts lost the privilege of home owned firearms, we had the "Two separate safes" rule back then also. Interestingly, only weapons using expanding ammunition were banned, but not those pistols using black powder, and muzzle loading rifles. . . .?

I gave it up after coming home from the range too often with my face and clothing blackened with soot ! !

Phil

This is another example of how easy it is to lose your freedoms when governments perceive that something has to be done. Research and logic go out the window in favour of a fast decision.

Both being well known oddballs supports my GP's opinion that they could eliminate nearly all these disaster cases if they were brought into a formal loop.

• Agree 2

I remember buying meat, when the local butcher shop had sawdust on the floor and a big wooden block to chop the meat on. The meat was then wrapped in paper and string tied around the paper, what I don`t remember, is, anyone getting sick from eating the meat.One needs to ask the question, Why are so many people getting sick these days?

Frank.

Back in the mid 1990's I had to learn about HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) for Compliance in an Abbatoir design.

The requirement was in response to 4 million people being hospitalised each year in the US and 40,000 people in Australia, with food poisoning.

From the limited search I did this morning it seems that the US result has been reduced to 128,000

Plenty of examples of places where regulation is non existant

Have a look in many parts of Africa and middle east.

See how you like exercising flying rights AND living there.

Unfortunately society doesnt permit everyone to do as they like and do not accept that stuff happens and people die

Of course! Wherever possible hygiene and safety needs to be of the highest standard, for the good of everyone.

I doubt that anyone is suggesting that there be no regulations.

Frank.

Guest Andys@coffs

Actually I'll bet my little communist red lefty (my righty is so not a communist) that its an absolute fact that shootings do in fact have guns in common....I think its pretty hard to be shot without a gun and a bullet....It may not be the only point of commonality but it is one that cant be conveniently ignored because your agenda would prefer it was......

The only effect on my gun ownership is more govt tax. I paid the "once in a life payment" promised by Goss which has not only increased 600% in dollar terms but also renewable every 3 years.

Has the same effect as an ACIC card, costs money and achieves nothing.

• Agree 2

Did a bit of googling to see if it is true that MenC was a function of immigration..........<Sounds of crickets!>Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neisseria_meningitidis) has this to say about the subtypes......

Subtypes[edit]

Disease-causing strains are classified according to the antigenic structure of their polysaccharide capsule.[citation needed] Serotype distribution varies markedly around the world.[8] Among the 13 identified capsular types of N. meningitidis, six (A, B, C, W135, X, and Y) account for most disease cases worldwide.[9] Type A has been the most prevalent in Africa and Asia, but is rare/ practically absent in North America. In the United States, serogroup B is the predominant cause of disease and mortality, followed by serogroup C. The multiple subtypes have hindered development of a universal vaccine for meningococcal disease.

At this website:- http://www.meningitis.com.au/about_meningitis/meningococcal_meningitis.phtml it had this to say about Australia....the most common in Australia being meningococcal group B and C. which seems to leave your A subtype unmentioned...........<Ding Ding Ding...BS Detector alert!!!!>

At this one:- http://www.meningitis.org/disease-info/types-causes/meningoccal-disease which deals with UK/ Ireland low and behold Subtypes B and C seem to be the cause of the majority of issues......Anyone seeing a pattern here......

So Bottom line, I cant find anything that supports your assertion that immigration was the cause of MenC in Australia....Care to provide some sources that will back that claim up?

This vic gov website http://ideas.health.vic.gov.au/bluebook/meningococcal.asp had this to say (Last para being of greatest import I think):-

Public health significance & occurrence

Invasive meningococcal infections occur in endemic and epidemic forms. In Australia epidemic disease has not occurred for many years. Endemic disease is at low levels of incidence and cases are generally unrelated to each other. Despite this, invasive meningococcal disease is of public health importance and is frequently a cause of public alarm and receives a high level of media attention.

Meningococcal disease characteristically has a seasonal pattern with a peak of incidence in the winter and spring months. Although the reasons for this seasonality are not clear, there is evidence that influenza virus or Mycoplasma pneumoniae infections may predispose to invasive disease and that closer personal contact or lack of ventilation may facilitate transmission of meningococci.

The three major serogroups of meningococci cause different patterns of disease. Serogroup A meningococci cause outbreaks of infection in areas such as the meningitis belt of Africa where the incidence of meningococcal infection rises sharply towards the end of the dry season and declines rapidly with the onset of rains. The epidemics occur in 8–14 year cycles. Since 1990 New Zealand has been experiencing an epidemic of serogroup B meningococcal disease. Age-standardised rates for Maori and Pacific Island people were three and six times higher respectively than for the European population. Serogroup C meningococci are usually associated with sporadic disease but can cause small or large outbreaks. Attack rates for serogroup C are between those seen with serogroups A and B.

Meningococcal disease has had cyclical peaks of incidence. Notification of ‘meningitis’ reached a peak of 33.1 cases per 100 000 in 1942 (2371 cases) as part of a pandemic of serogroup A disease during World War II. Apart from another peak of activity in the early 1950s, there was a steady decline of notifications to less than 0.5 cases per 100 000 in 1987. The notification rate for meningococcal disease to the National Notifiable Diseases Surveillance System (NNDSS) has been slowly increasing over the past 10 years from 1.6 per 100 000 in 1991 to 3.1 per 100 000 in 2000. In 2002 there were 129 notifications in Victoria (1/3 of the national total) of which 47 were serogroup B and 72 were serogroup C.

Andy,. . . . .I thought the background sound in OZ was Sacaders SEKARDERZ,. . .no one coould ever seem to spell the damn thing when I asked . . .BUT I GET THE MOOD. . . . !

Plenty of examples of places where regulation is non existantHave a look in many parts of Africa and middle east.

See how you like exercising flying rights AND living there.

Unfortunately society doesnt permit everyone to do as they like and do not accept that stuff happens and people die

Interestingly enough Jetty,. . . . A friend of mine ( very experienced pilot ) was running a business in Africa,.. . .flying tourists over the Victoria Falls in 912 powered trikes,. . .he did this for a few years, and made a good living, BUT he stated that the aviation authorities came to visit him very regularly to ensure that his license was current, and that he had complied with all the local rules and updates,. . . . . He said that they were very professional in their attitude,. . . . .couldn't have been trained in OZ or the UK then. . . .!

lefty reds are the biggest users of selective facts. the fact is all but two mass shootings where 3 or more died in the last 65 years have been committed in "gun free zones" and all mass shootings in the last 20 years at least have been committed by people on anti psychotic medication, ie: anti depressants

• Agree 2
  • Caution 1

Why would he sue himself?

You would think that would be the case, but there are plenty out there who will try to sue whoever they think it was that didn't stop them from committing the act. Coincidentally, that always seems to be someone with the deepest pockets.