Low flying penalty

all SSri's are extremely dangerous for the mind and body, in fact they cause chorossis of the liver

I don't know what chorossis is either Turbs but it must be bad if Acro's got it.

Is this all a roundabout way of him telling us he has a medication problem?

Kaz

• Like 1

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its actually illegal to breath test on private property in nsw and completely inadmissible

Once again, Acro, you demonstrate your inability or reluctance to actually check what you are on about against reputable and reliable information. Wiki is very often not not one of those.

Anywhere in Australia you are liable to be charged with exceeding the prescribed content of alcohol if over the legislated limit while in charge of a motor vehicle. This includes a motor vehicle on private property.

FindLaw is such a reputable and reliable website containing very useful information. It is conducted by one of the largest legal publishers in Australia and you can visit the relevant part here....

http://www.findlaw.com.au/articles/4573/drink-driving-penalties.aspx

It is sufficiently clear that even you should have little difficulty understanding it.

Note particularly the paragraph saying "One of the things to be aware of when talking about drink driving is that the laws also extend to private property, and a person under certain circumstances may still be penalised for operating a vehicle over the blood alcohol concentration."

In New South Wales the relevant legislation isthe Road Transport Act 2013. Section 110(3) makes it very clear that it is an offence to drive or occupy the driver's seat or be a supervising driver on a road while over. 0.05. But, if there is an accident involving injury even on private property, police can conduct a test and prosecute the driver if the BAC is exceeded. Victoria's law is even stricter.

Interestingly, the Act also distinguishes on road from off-road reckless or dangerous driving, but clearly any reckless act constituting endangerment can be prosecuted under the criminal law, including one involving the use of a motor vehicle.

End of discussion for me.

Kaz

• Like 1

Er, how?A person can drive a car on their own property any time they want. If it's not on the road, it doesn't need to be registered. And I'd like to see the court case where a cop who breathalised a person in a car in a paddock on their own property (provided they didn't get there by running off the road). It'd be laughed out of court, only it'd never get there, as it'd never happen.

It has already happened. Some one had an accident called the ambulance, cops came as well land booked him for drink driving on his own property.

It has already happened. Some one had an accident called the ambulance, cops came as well land booked him for drink driving on his own property.

If that's true, then all I can say is it's goddamn wrong. I am all for breath testing on public roads; you have an obligation to drive safely not only for yourself and anyone who's in your car, but for every other road user too.

If however you want to drink a carton of beer and tool around your property on your ride-on mower, then you should be able to. You're not covered by MAIB, you're not required to register the vehicle, you're not putting anyone else at risk and if you're stupid enough to roll it and break your silly neck, that's your own business. The cops don't come and breathalise you when you get pissed and juggle carving knives or ride your skateboard down the stairs, so I fail to see how operating machinery within the boundaries of your own property is any different.

• Like 1

Marty, the case this refers to should have been a clear warning to you; actions took place over a waterway - roughly the legal equivalent of the paddock you mentioned, no one injured so a two year suspended sentence. Kaz pointed out the more serious issues if someone had been injured or killed.

We've pretty well covered the breathalyser situation, and reckless situation, so we can leave you to your dreams.

There are enough cases in the newspapers to give you more clarity, and if you've missed the previous ones we can be sure there will be more usually involving people who never expected it could happen to them.

If that's true, then all I can say is it's goddamn wrong. I am all for breath testing on public roads; you have an obligation to drive safely not only for yourself and anyone who's in your car, but for every other road user too.If however you want to drink a carton of beer and tool around your property on your ride-on mower, then you should be able to. You're not covered by MAIB, you're not required to register the vehicle, you're not putting anyone else at risk and if you're stupid enough to roll it and break your silly neck, that's your own business. The cops don't come and breathalise you when you get pissed and juggle carving knives or ride your skateboard down the stairs, so I fail to see how operating machinery within the boundaries of your own property is any different.

So, a person holds a party on their property, half the guests are sleeping in tents, said person decides to churn up the paddock in their 4wd but when reversing it out of the shed he backs over your daughters tent. Should he be breathe tested so the court can decide his level of liability?

Don't get me wrong, I think you should be able to do your own thing on your own property, as long as you don't involve anyone else.

I think, if in juggling the knives when you where pissed you inadvertently stabbed someone else, they would breathealize you and probably drug test you as well....

close it, even ban me if you like, although there are some good people on this site it is getting full of leftist tossers and i dont want to be part of it any longer 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

As requested, 1 month suspension

• Like 3

If that's true, then all I can say is it's goddamn wrong. I am all for breath testing on public roads; you have an obligation to drive safely not only for yourself and anyone who's in your car, but for every other road user too.If however you want to drink a carton of beer and tool around your property on your ride-on mower, then you should be able to. You're not covered by MAIB, you're not required to register the vehicle, you're not putting anyone else at risk and if you're stupid enough to roll it and break your silly neck, that's your own business. The cops don't come and breathalise you when you get pissed and juggle carving knives or ride your skateboard down the stairs, so I fail to see how operating machinery within the boundaries of your own property is any different.

Yes fairly confident it is true it was on the news showing the person in question, don't forget when you take stupid risks you can put others at risk and tie up essential services which have to be funded.

If anyone really wants to know just read the Act relevant to your particular state.

For example for Qld it is Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act, Section 79 (22 pages) for drink driving and Section 80 (37 pages) for breath/blood taking. (Each state will have something very similar)

It is all covered, no arguements, whether you like it or not that is the current statute law.

• Helpful 1

If you are on your own and feel the need to get pissed and hoon around your paddock I doubt you would ever draw the attention of the cops. But what about the driver doing circle work who rolls his car with other drunks on the roof or the guy that ran over someone in a sleeping bag in a paddock the morning after a ute muster. That's the type of thing this law is trying to prevent.

• Agree 1

I could be wrong, but I think that as long as your property is fenced and has a closed gate. You can have a few beers and go four wheel drving ect. I did it alot as a young bloke. We used to go spot lighting, shooting foxes and hares and then drink drink a bit and camp. ( drinking AFTER we finished shooting). This was in QLD.

But if somebody got injured, the Police can and will come onto the property and do what they have to do.

Ps- different states have different rules.

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

Dead right Daz, they can't breath test you on your own property 'UNLESS' there is an accident and someone is injured or unless you obviously just turned off the public road. So you can do what you want and that is all good but if someone is hurt expect the full consequence to be applied.

• Agree 2

I can see the point of everyone who is giving reasons for why this law applies to private property (and thanks to the ones who didn't feel the need to use sarcasm).

All of these situations refer to injury to other people. Of course if you drive your ute over someone in a sleeping bag, or roll it on a slope killing the bloke with the spotlight, then the arrest should come with a blood test to determine what impact alcohol had on the fatal accident.

But my point is that serious injury or death can be caused in a number of ways when pissed. Drunken punch resulting in someone being knocked down and splitting their head open on a step. Falling off a balcony. Diving into the pool from the second storey. The police don't come into your house and breathalise everyone in case any of these happens, so why does operating machinery make a difference? And what kinds of machinery? Can you be charged for riding a bicycle around your yard with a skinful? Because you can be charged with riding a bike on the road while over the limit. What about a horse? Same thing applies.

If you want the cops to be able to enter your property any time they want and breath test everyone just in case they're a danger to themselves or others, that's your choice, but it's certainly not an Australia I'd want.

• Agree 1

If anyone really wants to know just read the Act relevant to your particular state. For example for Qld it is Transport Operations (Road Use Management) Act, Section 79 (22 pages) for drink driving and Section 80 (37 pages) for breath/blood taking. (Each state will have something very similar)

It is all covered, no arguements, whether you like it or not that is the current statute law.

Very good advice - it will be slightly different in each state, so why spend time conjuring up an example when you'll have the exact answers within five minutes.

Dead right Daz, they can't breath test you on your own property 'UNLESS' there is an accident and someone is injured or unless you obviously just turned off the public road. So you can do what you want and that is all good but if someone is hurt expect the full consequence to be applied.

Exactly what I was trying to say, but said much better!

.last post i promise,

Politicians promise?

BTW have you heard: Kennedy isn't dead, he was kidnapped and is being held by the FBI; Elvis is selling real estate in Vegas; the Twin towers were bombed by the CIA and all the videos were faked by Speilberg ; And John Howard staged the Port Arthur massacre just to get the gun laws through?

Give us a break!

i think you need to get your facts right before spouting crap, psychotropic drugshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoactive_drug

Ah! Wikipedia. The authorative voice on anything and everything where posts can be made by anyone regardless of their knowledge or of the veracity of their posts. I see some similarities with some posters here

Truly good advice. Have you considered practicing what you preach? Btw. Was that you last post again?

Btw have you considered how smart it is to put questions to someone who cannot answer?

• Agree 1

Btw have you considered how smart it is to put questions to someone who cannot answer?

You are quite correct Trekair, I had posted before I was able to read further and see that the Moderator had acted. By then it was too late to delete my post.

I'm happy for the mods to delete it.

• Like 1