Low flying penalty

Interestingly enough Jetty,. . . . A friend of mine ( very experienced pilot ) was running a business in Africa,.. . .flying tourists over the Victoria Falls in 912 powered trikes,. . .he did this for a few years, and made a good living, BUT he stated that the aviation authorities came to visit him very regularly to ensure that his license was current, and that he had complied with all the local rules and updates,. . . . . He said that they were very professional in their attitude,. . . . .couldn't have been trained in OZ or the UK then. . . .!

I bet that was from the Zambian side and not from Zimbabwe. Hard to imagine professional public servants in Zim.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lefty reds are the biggest users of selective facts. the fact is all but two mass shootings where 3 or more died in the last 65 years have been committed in "gun free zones" and all mass shootings in the last 20 years at least have been committed by people on anti psychotic medication, ie: anti depressants

If you watch the documentary "Making A Killing" about the marketing and effects of psychiatric drugs, the involvement of users in mass shootings isn't even surprising. Their use is the biggest public health experiment ever undertaken and a lot of the guinea pigs are children.

Guest Andys@coffs
lefty reds are the biggest users of selective facts. the fact is all but two mass shootings where 3 or more died in the last 65 years have been committed in "gun free zones" and all mass shootings in the last 20 years at least have been committed by people on anti psychotic medication, ie: anti depressants

Wow...sounds like we need some more legislation then..........that legislation brought to you by your friendly commie lefty who wants to participate in society........so that cant be the answer then.....what answer, that is devoid of any legislation would you apply.....make sure yours is bigger?

hey tornado & andy@twitter are you commies happy that the data retention laws passed? i thought so! now the government will read every email you ever send, record all of your phone calls, save all of your browsing history, keep everything you post on twitter and facebook (interesting stuff i bet), and even know the location and model of camera with any photos you take, congrats.

hey tornado & andy@twitter are you commies happy that the data retention laws passed? i thought so! now the government will read every email you ever send, record all of your phone calls, save all of your browsing history, keep everything you post on twitter and facebook (interesting stuff i bet), and even know the location and model of camera with any photos you take, congrats.

Well, we all better watch what we say then. Some people will have more to worry about than others.

• Agree 2

The local butcher in our town back then, had lost three fingers on one hand, from the band saw! He still had his thumb and first finger to tie the string with though, and back then, he may have said something like this, "Fu#k that hurt, what a stupid thing to do, my fault" and left it at that.Frank.

When I was just a kid, Frank, my Mum used to make me do the shopping. Our butcher was a huge man named George who had several fingers missing from his left hand.

He used to tell me he had lost them in the sausage meat mincer and he would take me out the back to show me the machine.

When I became a little older his wife told me he had lost them racing motorcycles when the bike went down and he caught them under the handlebar.

I'm still not keen on surprise bags, though!

Kaz

• Like 1

Anti-psychotic medications are NOT anti-depressants.

There is a world of a difference between suffering a psychosis and being depressed and if you mix up the two you will have a very sick person indeed.

For goodness sake make the effort to verify your 'facts' before you start spouting them.

Around 6% of Australians suffer from depression at any one time and around half of all Australians will suffer it at some point in their lifetime. Very few of them are psychotic!!!

Around 3% of Australians will suffer a psychosis at some point in time...mainly schizophrenia and bipolar but drug-induced psychosis is on the rise. A lot of the latter smoke dope or ice.

https://www.mja.com.au/journal/2007/186/7/hospital-separations-cannabis-and-methamphetamine-related-psychotic-episodes

Kaz

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

i think you need to get your facts right before spouting crap, psychotropic drugs

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychoactive_drug

• Agree 1

I bet that was from the Zambian side and not from Zimbabwe. Hard to imagine professional public servants in Zim.

I really DON'T know the answer to that one PM,. . .but most long distance light aviation people I know ALWAYS avoid any possibility of having to land at Harare, or any other Zimbabwean airfield for that matter,. . . . . dunno why, never flown into the place, but I could probably guess,. . . " What's the landing fee here. . .? " "How much you got on you . . .? " "Five thousand American Dollars. . ." Goodness gracious me. . . .that's a coincidence . . . . ."

I knew a girl with a cute depression. She suffered a chorossis of confidence.

My mate took his Wife in to hospital for a medical examination,. . .the doctor came out to see him after about a half hour and said . ." Mr Clunchbucket,. . .your Wife has acute angina. . . . ."

The bloke replied,. . . .yeah I know Doc, she has ain't she . ?. . .she's got cute boobs as well. . . . ." ( apologies to all our Lady Members. . . .)

When I was just a kid, Frank, my Mum used to make me do the shopping. Our butcher was a huge man named George who had several fingers missing from his left hand.He used to tell me he had lost them in the sausage meat mincer and he would take me out the back to show me the machine.

When I became a little older his wife told me he had lost them racing motorcycles when the bike went down and he caught them under the handlebar.

I'm still not keen on surprise bags, though!

Kaz

Have to agree Kaz,. . .since having all my top teeth knocked out in a head on,. . . I find I have problems with Surprise bags as well,. . . .ie, if the containing film is too thick, I can't bite it hard enough, so The lot comes out of the bread and falls down my shirt . . . .! . . . I wish they'd invent a sausage containment medium which was neutralised by hot fat. . . . . ! I'd hate to have to specify "Frankfurters" for my sausage-mushroom-egg-and-tomato-on-a-bread-stick brekkie meal at Debz Diner three mornings a week . . .! rather like being reduced to porridge instead of steak,. . .( have to chew that on both sides too. . . .)

• Caution 1

Guest Andys@coffs

"Never Argue with an idiot....They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience" George Carlin......

Interestingly he also said...."The reason I talk to myself is because I’m the only one whose answers I accept" which is what seems to be happening here.....tough question......quick change of subject

I'm out Acro

My mate took his Wife in to hospital for a medical examination,. . .the doctor came out to see him after about a half hour and said . ." Mr Clunchbucket,. . .your Wife has acute angina. . . . ."The bloke replied,. . . .yeah I know Doc, she has ain't she . ?. . .she's got cute boobs as well. . . . ." ( apologies to all our Lady Members. . . .)

My wife just commented Phil and I quote, doesn't he have a lawn to mow or something.

• Helpful 2

Wow...sounds like we need some more legislation then..........that legislation brought to you by your friendly commie lefty who wants to participate in society........so that cant be the answer then.....what answer, that is devoid of any legislation would you apply.....make sure yours is bigger?

I don't think that anyone is suggesting no legislation Andy, rather that the legislation we end up with very rarely properly deals with the problem, or the problem is just a perceived problem. In regards to the medications mentioned, yes they work and a lot of people may be on them, but they only help the symptoms, they do nothing to fix the problem.

• Like 1

In short, Yes.The police can charge you with reckless conduct if you are driving an unregistered car in a paddock - more or less the same issue as that aircraft.They can also breathalise you.

Er, how?

A person can drive a car on their own property any time they want. If it's not on the road, it doesn't need to be registered. And I'd like to see the court case where a cop who breathalised a person in a car in a paddock on their own property (provided they didn't get there by running off the road). It'd be laughed out of court, only it'd never get there, as it'd never happen.

You missed the point Marty. It's not so much whether the car happens to have its registration paid up.

If you are acting recklessly you can be charged in a paddock or on a road

You can be breathalysed anywhere in any motor vehicle, even in Tasmania.

• Agree 1