Car terminology

planedriver

The daughter asks her Dad, "Dad there is something that my boyfriend said to me, that I didn't understand.""He said that I have a beautiful chassis, lovely airbags and a fantastic bumper.."

Her Dad said, "You tell your boyfriend that if he opens your bonnet and tries to check your oil with his dipstick"

"I will tighten his nuts so hard that his headlights will pop out and he will start leaking out of his exhaust pipe."

• Haha 3

Advice Columnist;

Dear John

I hope you can help. The other day, I left for work leaving my husband watching TV. My Falcon stopped not far after leaving my house with steam coming from the engine. I waited for 20 minutes to see if it was OK but it would not restart. I called my husband but he did not answer the phone so I walked the 2 kms back home. When I got home, I could not believe my eyes. He was having sex with the neighbor’s 21 year old daughter in our bed.

I am 42 and he is 44 and we have been married for 15 years. He admitted he had been having sex with her for 6 months and he will not go to counseling. I need advice urgently. Please help ...

Sincerely Sheila

Dear Sheila,

I can help you not to worry. You are not alone. This is important to understand that this is a common problem that many of us have had to deal with. The new 4.0 six in the Falcons have had a problem with a new design of the water pump, but happy to mention to you that Ford are replacing them free of charge, even outside of warranty period.

I hope this helps,

John

• Haha 3
  • Winner 1

You DO have a day job don't you bex?

Sadly I spend most of these weeks at home on the computer with never ending design and paperwork, and you guys keep me sane, but back to the factory life shortly - you'll miss me, you'll see ...... poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Pedantic Spelling Moment:

ADVICE: (Noun) Helpful information

ADVISE: (Verb) To give helpful information.

How to determine when to use the noun form or the verb form

The noun form contains "ice", which is the name of a thing.

The verb form contains "is", which is a verb. A verb is a word that describes an action.

And for the observant, "surprise" is comes as a surprise exception to the above.

OME

Sadly I spend most of these weeks at home on the computer with never ending design and paperwork, and you guys keep me sane, but back to the factory life shortly - you'll miss me, you'll see ...... poke_tongue_out.gif.5a7d1a1d57bd049bd5fb0f49bf1777a8.gif 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Wasn't that JC's last words? "You'll miss me, you'll see!"

Interesting , as this is the car terminology thread. My first car was a Morris Isis

upload_2015-5-30_21-16-8.jpeg.649fd4af5e3c3f29b4e619b9b245fb1d.jpeg

Isis was an Egyptian princess who married her brother Osiris and conceived a son Horus with him.

ISIS is the acronym for Islamic State in Iraq and al-Sham.

• Like 1

Red, you know you can still buy those new in India ...

I think there should be more of it. Looking forward to a resurgence of 50's - 70's muscle cars with lightweight replica bodies and electric motors, engine sound being provided by bitchin' big speakers.

• Caution 1

I once read a science fiction story written in the 1950s. Cars were very light weight, with puny engines, but had speakers to make them sound tough. And speedos were calibrated way over, to make drivers think they were doing 100 mph. It was a vision of the future, probably about now, not too far off the mark.