Can't turn, Can't climb, Can't run: F35 problems

fly_tornado

Our top condition Super Hornets are being sold back to a Yank company (for peanuts, no doubt), to be used as decoys for the USAAF fighters.

The company buying them is probably doing Toyota leaps at their win - particularly as the FA-18's are being fully reconditioned over 3 or 4 years, before being handed over! They also come with all their spares and tooling!!

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/32464/australia-to-sell-retired-f-a-18-hornet-fighters-to-private-aggressor-firm-air-usa

The Super Hornet is definitely not being sold off to anyone . You have confused the Super Hornet with the classic FA18 model , a different bird completely . The Super Hornet is a new build state of the art aeroplane , while the FA18 is a 35 yr old job , and a much smaller airframe .

Dave C

• Informative 2

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Australia worried about militarily? No mater how much Australia spends it could not defend itself without backing from the US. The US would drop Australia in the poo quicksmart if they don't profit. Look at the current trade problems, Australia was doing the US's bidding by demanding a narrow inquiry into virus, if they would have opened the request to countries (England, Italy, Spain, US and China) measures to control the virus and mistakes made Implementing measures it would have been less partisan. What parameters does the WHO backed inquiry have? Are they looking into mistakes made with implementation of restrictions?

The main outcome of Australia demanding an inquiry into "China virus" as Libs call it has been we have lost markets in beef and barley. The Yanks have stepped in and made a deal to sell their subsidised barley to China in a trade deal. They don't care about Australia, history has proven that with wheat sales, they did exactly the same thing in the 80's.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Can a 100 ton aircraft really disappear without trace into a steel column encased building? The linked story is told by very experienced jet transport pilots and throws real doubt on the official story of the WTC attacks.

https://newspunch.com/cia-pilot-presents-evidence-that-no-planes-hit-towers-on-911/

I did read a bit of that link, there was too much conspiracy. How does ole mate explain away live footage?

After 20 years dealing with RAAF pilots I'm under the impression that maneuvering is not at the top of the list when it comes to attributes of our jets because they don't get into 'dog fights'. The 'fire and forget' missile saw to that. However, I'm easily confused as I use a comb to eat my cereal from a shoe....

How does ole mate explain away live footage?

G'day SP, Ever seen a "Hollywood Blockbuster"?

These guys are serious people, not easily fooled by 'smoke and mirrors'. I can only refer fellow posters to material for their consideration and interest. Whether it is filed under 'whacky conspiracy theories' is out of my control. BTW did you know that the term 'conspiracy theory' was first used by the CIA?

I think that it is easier than most people realise for those that we consider 'experts' to be drawn into a sucker shot. A friend of mine whose father was a salesman says that they are the easiest people to hoodwink into a poor deal

Who is Australia worried about militarily? No mater how much Australia spends it could not defend itself without backing from the US. The US would drop Australia in the poo quicksmart if they don't profit. Look at the current trade problems, Australia was doing the US's bidding by demanding a narrow inquiry into virus, if they would have opened the request to countries (England, Italy, Spain, US and China) measures to control the virus and mistakes made Implementing measures it would have been less partisan. What parameters does the WHO backed inquiry have? Are they looking into mistakes made with implementation of restrictions?

The main outcome of Australia demanding an inquiry into "China virus" as Libs call it has been we have lost markets in beef and barley. The Yanks have stepped in and made a deal to sell their subsidised barley to China in a trade deal. They don't care about Australia, history has proven that with wheat sales, they did exactly the same thing in the 80's.

It looks like loose words from ScoMo will cost Australia billions, with the most pain felt by his voter base.

All the signs point to this becoming worse than the 1930s Great Depression.

This makes diplomatic blunders by previous Labor PMs (for which they were vilified in the Murdoch media) small beer.

I was in a hotel room watching CNN live before I left for a course I was on. I watched as smoke billowed from the tower & then an aircraft hit in a fireball & disappeared.. It's a bit hard to fake all that especially back then and with every US Network & many other independent cameras all showing the same thing.

• Agree 3

Can a 100 ton aircraft really disappear without trace into a steel column encased building? The linked story is told by very experienced jet transport pilots and throws real doubt on the official story of the WTC attacks.

https://newspunch.com/cia-pilot-presents-evidence-that-no-planes-hit-towers-on-911/

I'm a bit confused. Had a look through that article and must have missed the bit that was relevant to the F-35.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Ole mate might have had some stuff published on the net, that doesn't make it right or the truth.

His theory seemed to be that the wreckage of the airliners should have stayed on the outside of the skyscrapers and would not have carried through the way it did. You only have to look at various impacts from aircraft, one is from the radio controlled 707 (I think it was a Boeing) that impacted in the dessert, more I have seen is a couple of impact craters from F111's. They hit with a lot of force, that force carries on it doesn't just stop where they hit.

Next they will claim the moon is a CIA satellite controlling the weather.

Only need to see the tiny bits left when a fast plane hits a solid object. Not much left.

There are heaps of conspiracies but that is just fanciful crap.

Well he obviously didnt see this then

• Like 2

...Only need to see the tiny bits left when a fast plane hits a solid object. Not much left...

When airliners crash into the ground the result is normally a field of debris like confetti. Any larger bits are often regarded as having been over-engineered.

• Like 1

The Yanks have stepped in and made a deal to sell their subsidised barley to China in a trade deal. They don't care about Australia, history has proven that with wheat sales, they did exactly the same thing in the 80's.

if that was planned ..................... smart move

(stepping away from global ethics, countries and politics - a shrewd (for some) business move)

Ole mate might have had some stuff published on the net, that doesn't make it right or the truth.

His theory seemed to be that the wreckage of the airliners should have stayed on the outside of the skyscrapers and would not have carried through the way it did. You only have to look at various impacts from aircraft, one is from the radio controlled 707 (I think it was a Boeing) that impacted in the dessert, more I have seen is a couple of impact craters from F111's. They hit with a lot of force, that force carries on it doesn't just stop where they hit.

I have some photos of the left over bits of an F111 that crashed, I can't remember whether it was Guyra or Tenterfield, but there are a couple big bits and an awful lot of tiny pieces. It hit dirt at a shallow angle not steel and concrete straight on.

Question of missing debris aside (some very chunky hi temp resistant pieces admittedly) there is also the question how did a low time 172 student achieve some remarkable flying which seems beyond the capacity of expert air transport pilots with years experience. One stated that the required flight path would be in excess of the structural capability of the airframe.

It probably would be a good idea to make a separate thread for the 9/11 thing. It would have no shortage of posts. It's totally unrelated to this F-35 thread and it makes it hard to follow the F-35 discussion when every other post is about 9/11. Methusala, with all due respect, you're in the wrong thread.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Methusala, with all due respect, you're in the wrong thread.

I respectfully accede to your suggestion and will move my attention to an off topic post. Thanks Willedoo (even sillier nom-de-plume than Methusala {{sorry!}})

• Like 1

I respectfully accede to your suggestion and will move my attention to an off topic post. Thanks Willedoo (even sillier nom-de-plume than Methusala {{sorry!}})

Thanks, Methusula. I'm sure it would be an interesting thread. It's too involved a subject to be diluted in another thread. Look forward to it.

I watched those two planes go into the towers in real time and there's NO doubt that is what happened. Of course a jet plane can disappear into office blocks from the side between floors which % wise is most of the dimension. the floors themselves being relatively thin. The two engines went straight though to the other side. without any difficulty while the burning fuel enveloped about1/2 of it at that level, volume wise.. Nev

I have some photos of the left over bits of an F111 that crashed, I can't remember whether it was Guyra or Tenterfield, but there are a couple big bits and an awful lot of tiny pieces. It hit dirt at a shallow angle not steel and concrete straight on.

The 2 I saw were either side of Guyra, one at Sunnyside the other just to the Northwest of Guyra. The Sunnyside one just left a big hole, they bailed out via the pod. I flew over the other one the day after it crashed with the loss of the crew, there were lots of military there. It appeared to me to have gone in inverted at a shallower angle and made a big scar on the surrounds. The ground is very hard and there has to be a lot of force to make much of an impression, the hole looked to be at least 7 metres deep (20' to you old farts who still think Imperial). It takes a lot of energy to make that bigger hole in the surface.

F111's used to track via Gurya, the abattoir used to be their target after they were fitted with the laser tracking system. They would do a pull-up out from the target then invert to pull back down before rolling back again tracking out low level. Used to see them all hours of the day and night.

• Like 1

Their low level performance was impressive. A pair of F-111s roared past our camp on the shores of Lake Pindari in about 1980. They had to pull up to clear the wall.

Another dropped into a valley just north of Tamworth to buzz his mate's house on a hilltop. He got the wrong house, but I happened to be inside. I looked down thru the window of the sunken lounge from upstairs and there was this F-111 flying up the ridge towards me.

Edited by Old Koreelah

I was driving a school bus down from Falls Creek Vic when a great tearing sound filled my ears. I thought it was an 18 wheeler locked up about to wipe us out With a flash, the F111 went up the valley at our eye level. Frightening but great to experience.

The 2 I saw were either side of Guyra, one at Sunnyside the other just to the Northwest of Guyra. The Sunnyside one just left a big hole, they bailed out via the pod. I flew over the other one the day after it crashed with the loss of the crew, there were lots of military there. It appeared to me to have gone in inverted at a shallower angle and made a big scar on the surrounds. The ground is very hard and there has to be a lot of force to make much of an impression, the hole looked to be at least 7 metres deep (20' to you old farts who still think Imperial). It takes a lot of energy to make that bigger hole in the surface.

F111's used to track via Gurya, the abattoir used to be their target after they were fitted with the laser tracking system. They would do a pull-up out from the target then invert to pull back down before rolling back again tracking out low level. Used to see them all hours of the day and night.

No-one ejected from the one I saw. The usual loft bombing procedure was to initiate a 4G pullup and release the laser guided weapon using the computer. They would then turn and dive under power while the laser maintained the target. The one I have pics of was just pulling up when they impacted. The only significant sized parts were the inboard wing sections and the wing carry through box and they weren't in one piece either. That would have been mid to late eighties.