MARIJUANA AND MARRIAGE

red750

I thought you might be interested in this latest Biblical news flash.

MARIJUANA AND MARRIAGE

For those who haven't heard, Washington State recently passed two laws.

They legalized gay marriage and legalized marijuana.

The fact that gay marriage and marijuana were legalized on the same day makes perfect Biblical sense.

Leviticus 20:13 says:

"If a man lies with another man they should be stoned".

Apparently we just hadn't interpreted it correctly before!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 6
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

Actually Marijuana was legalised in Washington state back in 2012.

Never let the facts get in the way of a good joke.

• Agree 2

Actually Marijuana was legalised in Washington state back in 2012.

December 6th, 0.00 am.

...and still illegal under US Federal law.

And since we're serious, weed was made illegal in the US when Edgar J Hoover became a major shareholder of Dupont. The biggest competitor to Dupont's new nylon rope was hemp rope ..... Hoover demonised weed for the sole purpose of eliminating hemp, i.e, the competition.

• Agree 2
  • Informative 1

December 6th, 0.00 am....and still illegal under US Federal law.

And since we're serious, weed was made illegal in the US when Edgar J Hoover became a major shareholder of Dupont. The biggest competitor to Dupont's new nylon rope was hemp rope ..... Hoover demonised weed for the sole purpose of eliminating hemp, i.e, the competition.

I think it was J. Edgar, not Edgar J.

• Agree 1

December 6th, 0.00 am....and still illegal under US Federal law.

Another factor: during prohibition the US had built up large forces to combat the demon drink. After they finally realised they were fighting a losing battle alcohol was legalised again. Now they needed something to occupy all those officers. The hemp industry was the next target, but then suddenly promoted when WWII saw huge demand for its fibre. After the war it was suddenly evil again.

And there are still millions of people who are not cynical.

• Like 1
  • Caution 1

The whole thing is complicated by hemp and marijuana not being the same plant ( originally named as two seperate species cannabis sativa and indica now usually quoted as the same species but different race or breed. )

Different levels of active compounds ( sativa has more psychoactive THC and (ex) indica having CBD which oddly have the opposite effect and blocks the high.

I guess less was known about it then but the J. Edgar Hoover bit sounds like a bit hoax-ical. Wasn't nylon discovered after the war not after the end of prohibition (1930s)?

Then further complicated by " medical" usage. In lots of the US States after the legalising of medical stuff the incidence of several diseases sky rocketed. Eg. Glaucoma is now many times higher than the world average in California because it's one of the diseases that you are allowed to use it for.

All you need is to find a friendly doctor who will diagnose it for you and yippee!!!

• Haha 1

Mm just did some reading around the place. Maybe Ill take back the bit about hoax-ical. Plenty of sites that agree with the comments raised here. Although some sound a bit conspiracy-theorist.

But fair enough comments from the above assembled masses. ...... Back into my box. 075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

• Haha 1

Unfortunately,

None of it is fantasy.

The three big players were the FBI -Hoover, Andre Dupont and Randalph Hearst.

That is law enforcement, chemicals and big newspaper- like Murdoch but even worse.

Hearst had the "right" to plunder America's forest for pulp paper, Dupont supplied the chemicals and synthetic competition to hemp. Hoover supplied the guns and Hearst made the community panic with very racist overtones.

A very sad part of history.

As a side note = Henry Ford grew hemp on his farm, made a composite car from it and made fuel from its fibre.

They threatened to arrest him- so he stopped.

Ford never actually wanted all his cars to run petrol but bio fuels.

The debacle lead to petrochemical dominance in transport,chemicals, plastics and medicine.

Very sad , very true.

Lightspeed:

Same thing happened to steam power. Doble & Stanley cars were way ahead of petrol powered cars, so the government's put a weight tax on them!

spacesailor

California - legalizes marijuana.... and bans e-cigarettes 'for health reasons'. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

"The state public-health department says that this is justified by the presence of certain carcinogens — benzene, formaldehyde, nickel, and lead—in e-cigarette vapor. But by California’s own account, all of those chemicals are present in marijuana smoke, too, along with 29 other carcinogens."

"The state public-health department says that this is justified by the presence of certain carcinogens — benzene, formaldehyde, nickel, and lead—in e-cigarette vapor. But by California’s own account, all of those chemicals are present in marijuana smoke, too, along with 29 other carcinogens."

Have to take this with a grain of salt, I think.

Cannabis must be a magic substance to create benzene, formaldehyde, nickel, and lead!

Frankly, I don't believe in alchemy.

Pure pot should not have any of those nasties in it.

Unless it has come from the soil or more likely from mixing it with tobacco which is very common.

I hereby volunteer for all testing duties of this nasty weed and all alcohol that needs taste testing.

All will come with a report.

I provide longer reports for single malt scotch.

• Agree 1

Have to take this with a grain of salt, I think.Cannabis must be a magic substance to create benzene, formaldehyde, nickel, and lead!

Frankly, I don't believe in alchemy.

I can believe it. Benzene and formaldehyde are formed in the burning of any substance containing complex carbon molecules. They are both normal by-products of burning almost anything.

Nickel and lead?? Not sure but many plants concentrate many different metals and salts out of the ground they grow in. They need many of these metals to grow. eg magnesium and zinc for chlorophyll, Iodine and potassium for cell protein growth etc. They get these by absorbing them the soil. (Carbon and Nitrogen they get from the air as well. ) Although some metals are not necessarily required if the soil has a lot in it (and especially if the metal is "related" chemically to a necessary metal) they get absorbed "mistakenly" (for want of a better term.) So there is plenty of scope for these metals to be in the plants.

But I doubt there are any or many base metals or basic small molecules that are only found in the dreaded weed.

• Informative 1

You don't have to smoke the stuff. If you do you will still get all sorts of tarish substances sticking to your lungs. Get into cooking or baking. A much healthier way.

• Agree 1

Just over half a century ago, I used to buy a pint of hempseed for ninepence from the local corn merchants.

After simmering in a saucepan of water for about 10mins the seed split and a tiny shoot popped out the side.

It made great bait for river fishing.

I doubt they'd sell it these days.