MH370 - New Development

Robbo

And/or where was his history of insanity, a la the German Wings FO

Neither the EgyptAir 990 pilot suicide, nor the Silk Air 185 pilot suicide, had any history of mental illness. The attempted hijack-suicide of FedEx 705 was by disgruntled off duty crew member Auburn Calloway, and he had no history of mental illness. Pacific Southwest 1771 was hijacked and crashed (loss of all onboard) by a disgruntled employee with no history of insanity. There are others too.

• Agree 1

Sadly, I think in 100 years the children of our childrens children will be talking about this.It will be like a long lost ship wreck.

Great Grandpa Bex, tell us a story?

Ok, ok, gather around Amir, Youssef, Omar and Fatina.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry I should add Robbo, that for normal enroute waypoint names not associated with an airport or navigation aid like "RIVET" or "ARBEY" or "FLAKE" (these are examples of Australian enroute IFR waypoints) you have to type the full name. If there happens to be more than one of the same name, you'll get the database list pop up again and have to choose which one.

If you mis-spell an entry it will either tell you it doesn't exist or if you coincidentally mis-spelled it as one that actually exists in the database, it'll happily insert that into the navigation legs. The "EXEC" button illuminates to indicate a pending change and ask you "have you checked this change and do you really want to do it?" and the new track is shown on the navigation display in a different colour (blue for a Boeing, amber for Airbus). Press the execute button and it makes the change active, rather than "pending", turning it magenta.

So in theory it is possible to accidentally make the plane exit stage left or right by typing the wrong waypoint in, but it has to be the designator or name which exists in the database and corresponds exactly to what you typed. You'd have to not notice it or not check it on the navigation display in front of you before pressing the execute button.

• Informative 1

• 1 month later...
I'd be a bit cautious, Bex. Some of Their flights have been known to take a loooong time.

They promised me a Russian fireworks display.

2 x Chengdu~Brissy return for $550 at peak time.

That won't cover the fuel cost. I'd still worry.

That would explain the "bring a jerry can" bit I guess.

Meh, a Pilot probably suicided or an extremely rare total craft malfunction for MH370, and the other, MH17, got shot out of the sky flying over a war zone - what are your concerns exactly?

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

Nobody likes an unsolved mystery. Particularly in aviation. Here is an engineering presentation from an Engineering group that makes very interesting viewing (if you can get past the accents and acronyms). Best thing I have seen for a while and represents some very competent work

• Like 1

I did not watch much of the vid. Australian JORN radar can supposedly see a 172 at Cristmas Island, was this covered and why did Aus tax payers spend so much looking in the wrong spot. 

I did not watch much of the vid. Australian JORN radar can supposedly see a 172 at Cristmas Island, was this covered and why did Aus tax payers spend so much looking in the wrong spot. 

Either "smoke and mirrors" pretending we don't know where it went.....

Or.....The JORN radar is useless and can't see jack sh!t.....

• Like 1

I watched the whole video. Despite the excruciating accents, and the poor speaking abilities of the presenters, they do raise many intriguing points.

What I would like to know, is why these engineers calculated MH370 trajectory varies so substantially from the "official" calculated version - and why have they calculated the aircraft turned to the S.E., and went past the South side of Christmas Island, while at the same time it was descending in 3 different steps, ending up at 5000' before it crashed into the sea S of C.I.?

They did not explain the major discrepancy in flight paths, nor how they calculated the lower and lower FL's of the aircraft.

I believe (and always believed) that the aircraft crashed well N of the ATSB search area. The reason being, there was never a skerrick of MH370 wreckage that ever turned up on the W.A. coastline, which it would have, if it crashed in the ATSB search area.

So the corollary of that is, the aircraft crashed well N of the search area, in the latitudes where the Easterly Trade Winds blow offshore from W.A. during March. That is, the latitudes Northerly from around 27 to 28 deg S. (approximately around Geraldton/Kalbarri).

The fact that the three wreckage items proven to have come from MH370 were found on the Eastern islands of Southern Africa is proof of this, as these blokes have confirmed.

I also believe the aircraft was cunningly piloted to its crash site by someone highly skilled as a pilot. Only the Captain had those skills. 

The likelihood of "other persons" with evil aims being in the cabin is extremely low. The pilot was known to have watched the trial of Anwar Ibrahim and was seen leaving the courtroom in anger at the obvious corruption and political manipulation of the legal processes of the country for political aims.

We have since seen the PM of Malaysia charged with massive theft, and with those charges comes the smell of total corruption.

Malaysia is one of the most corrupt and nepotic countries in Asia, and Capt Shah was obviously extremely angry with the Malaysian PM, the Malaysian Govt and the entire crooked Malaysian system.

I firmly believe that Capt Shah set out on a plan of suicide, to bring major discredit on Malaysia, the Malaysian PM, and Malaysia Airlines.

We have seen in the Germanwings Flight 9525 case, how easy it was for a totally suicidal pilot to carry out his evil aim.

I believe Capt Shah was equally as suicidal, his marriage had ended, his political favourite was being "neutered" on trumped up charges, and no doubt, there may have been other Malaysia Airlines management and corruption issues that greatly angered Capt Shah, that have never been revealed, for fear of more loss of face.

From the time that Malaysian PM Najib Razak fronted the cameras, to speak about the MH370 disaster, he came across as a dithering, incompetent fool of a man who was unable to articulate anything of importance, nor produce any statement of value.

Everything was left to a senior Govt spokesman to articulate the position clearly - and even then, vast amounts of important information were still not clear, were unknown, or were presented with an air of utter incompetence.

As regards Australia's JORN radar not picking up the aircraft - the reasons are simple. It was a Saturday morning, no current threat was on the horizon, and no-one works on a Saturday in Australia if they can avoid it. The radar was simply switched off and unmanned.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

The news outlets this morning are full of the latest story about a British expert who has used new cutting-edge technology to find the precisely exact location of MH370.

I guess the searchers would really have liked him to be around, when they were searching during the massive, high-tech, $200M ATSB search.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/british-expert-pinpoints-precise-resting-spot-of-missing-flight-mh370-c-4767473

This is the link to the experts highly detailed report. It is quite possible the aircraft slipped into a ravine, and was missed by the search ships.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvu3kpu7kpjvjin/GDTAAA WSPRnet MH370 Analysis Preliminary Findings.pdf?dl=0

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1