UNDENIABLE PROOF OF GLOBAL WARMING !

Phil Perry

phil pls, these jokes are making me miss the early 2000s. you do realise that joke is almost a decade old?

It's allright for you technobabblists mate,. . . . I only recieved that pic nine months ago, but sine my OSI Superboard ( built and soldered completely by my goodself, with 8K of ram, and 8K of Dartmouth basic in Rom,. . .takes a long time to load from the cassette player at 300 Baud, and it's only just loaded. - - - -Sorry Mate. No offence meant to you guys with your Tony Jaclin golf clubs, aeroplane thingies and your Ferraris and your your fancy Sinclair ZX81 soddin computers and your bleedin masonic handshakes, . . . .

Oh, sorry,. . .I went off-piste a little there,. . .I've regained my composure now.

OK,. . . what was it we were talking about again,. . .?

• Like 1

If the 2006 panties are that tidgy, I think it's time they showed us a 2016 pair... 023_drool.gif.742e7c8f1a60ca8d1ec089530a9d81db.gif

Given that global warming has been shown to be a crock of ....., so much so, that the science fraternity had to change the name to climate change in order to continue extracting a living from said crock.

I think that if you start back along the cloths line, 1990 could also be 2016 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

084_chase.gif.a3cab873b9247ad7d295882b8a53a985.gif

• Agree 2

Given that global warming has been shown to be a crock of ....., so much so, that the science fraternity had to change the name to climate change in order to continue extracting a living from said crock.I think that if you start back along the cloths line, 1990 could also be 2016 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

075_amazon.gif.0882093f126abdba732f442cccc04585.gif

084_chase.gif.a3cab873b9247ad7d295882b8a53a985.gif

Just to further disprove it I could post a pic of my misses knickers:whistling:

I got married in 2006 and I have to say what I see these days is closer to 1970s:wink: At that rate we must be in for a ice age soon lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Caution 1

Yeah, the 2016 ones are there - can't you see the shadow? These days a 5 o'clock shadow replaces last year's dental floss thong.

• Haha 2

Marty. . . . .

DING. .DING..DING. . .

WARNING. . .WARNING. . .WARNING ! ! ! !

NOOOOOOOOOOO ! ! ! ! ! LET'S NOT GO THERE. . . .. . THE POST WAS A JOKE. . . .

NOT A POLITICAL STATEMENT. ( Note the thread directory. . . )

can-o-worms-gif.36866.gif.4e19d0b5b7b1b0aab88b2c4afd130117.gif

• Haha 1

Please Phil... just one little comment...

I will with great difficulty restrain myself. Besides, it's a pointless exercise... some people won't accept the science. Amazing how much unproven stuff they'll swear by, though.

• Agree 2
  • Haha 1

PhilP,I still have my Sinclair ZX81 micro computer, but what to do with it other than the dustbin I don't know

spacesailor

Hiya SS,. . . I CAN'T provide any factual evidence to support this BUT. . . ( ! )

Whilst having a heated discussion about various computers and systems ( got to be heated here, it was bloody cold ! ) One of the guys mentioned that if a working machine was old enough, it might be of interest to a collector and possibly worth something. This was decried as a bowl of oaks but a story came up about a collectors' festival where a Commodore 64, complete with various accesory doodads and quite a few games was auctioned and someone paid around £2500 for it. . .

Collectors somethimes do that kind of thing. So if it works, hide it somewhere for a few more years and keep your eye out for collectors fairs and the like. . . you never know, might get a few bux for it, either that or donate it to the Smithsonian. . . ( I'll bet that the guys who did the first moon landing would have found that machine a little more techy than what they had available ! . . .assuming that they wanted a game of table tennis that is. . . )

** Edited to add **

A friend of mine has a Tandy TRS 80, in working order. . . I gave mine away when I moved out of our house in Brisbane. An ex-canadian mate had one also, and we used to plug them into the mic sockets of our 2 metre radios and type messages back and forth. . . just like RTTY only quicker. . .

Totally O/T again ( well. . .this ain't a proper thread anyhow. . . )

I just reminded myself that I'd been trying to contact the bloke I used to communicate with via TRS 80, but I lucked out, . . I wonder if there is a similar site to "Friends Reunited" / Australia / NZ . . I couldn't find one recently, although I admit I didn't spend much time looking and got distracted ( you DO at my age. . .) Got quite a few ne'er do wells that I would love to contact, ( or find out where they are buried. . .) in Australia and New Zealand.

Any info gratefully recieved.

Phil

Phil, start with the Ryerson Index. It lists death notices in Australia, search by name. Then you will only need to search for the unlikely suvivors of the punishing regime that being a mate of Phil's must have initiated.

Hiya SS,. . . I CAN'T provide any factual evidence to support this BUT. . . ( ! )Whilst having a heated discussion about various computers and systems ( got to be heated here, it was bloody cold ! ) One of the guys mentioned that if a working machine was old enough, it might be of interest to a collector and possibly worth something. This was decried as a bowl of oaks but a story came up about a collectors' festival where a Commodore 64, complete with various accesory doodads and quite a few games was auctioned and someone paid around £2500 for it. . .

Collectors somethimes do that kind of thing. So if it works, hide it somewhere for a few more years and keep your eye out for collectors fairs and the like. . . you never know, might get a few bux for it, either that or donate it to the Smithsonian. . . ( I'll bet that the guys who did the first moon landing would have found that machine a little more techy than what they had available ! . . .assuming that they wanted a game of table tennis that is. . . )

** Edited to add **

A friend of mine has a Tandy TRS 80, in working order. . . I gave mine away when I moved out of our house in Brisbane. An ex-canadian mate had one also, and we used to plug them into the mic sockets of our 2 metre radios and type messages back and forth. . . just like RTTY only quicker. . .

Bugger, wish I'd hung on to my Amstrad CPC464 now!

I've even got an, "AWA fax radio" as seen in the film "The perfect storm".

As well as a few box,es of Commodore Amerga's '

wouldn't it be nice to Cash in one day, Before the Deceased throw out & junk sale. LoL

spacesailor

• 5 years later...

AND, WHO SAID, "DEBUNK GLOBAL WARMING ? ".

Hear we go!. Australian Government.

"There is a second choice. "

The land mass we are on has moved. 
 It isn't the only time the continents have moved in history. 
 spacesailor "  ( post 856)

There VINDICATED

"On January 1, the Victorian and NSW governments updated the coordinates of every road,
   property and geographical feature in their states,
     essentially moving the south-eastern seaboard 1.8 metres north-east overnight.    
  The change is being made to fix a 1.8 metre inaccuracy that has crept into our GPS coordinates,
   caused by Australia slowly drifting north."

AND 

the further north we go, the hotter we get, ( under the collar perhaps, ).

spacesailor

It's happened before, y'know:

AUSTRALIA GETS DRUNK, WAKES UP IN NORTH ATLANTIC
Tired of Being Isolated and Ignored, Continent Isn't Bloody Moving

Sydney, 800 miles S. of Nova Scotia (SatireWire.com) — After what witnesses described as an all night blinder during which it kept droning on about how it was always being bloody ignored by the whole bloody world and would bloody well stand to do something about it, Australia this morning woke up to find itself in the middle of the North Atlantic.

http://www.satirewire.com/news/jan02/images/australia.gif

"Good Lord, that was a booze up," said a bleary-eyed Australian Prime Minister, John Howard, speaking from his residence at Kirribilli House, approximately 600 nautical miles east of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina.

According to Australians and residents of several countries destroyed or lewdly insulted during the continent's nearly 7,000-mile saltwater stagger, the binge began just after noon yesterday at a pub in Brisbane, where several patrons were discussing Australia Day and the nation's general lack of respect from abroad.

"It started off same as always; coupla fossils saying how our Banjo Patterson was a better poet than Walt Whitman, how Con the Fruiterer is funnier than Seinfeld, only they're Aussies so no one knows about 'em," recalled witness Kevin Porter. "Then this bloke Martin pipes up and says Australia's main problem is that it's stuck in Australia, and everybody says 'Too right!'"

"Well, it made sense at the time," Porter added.

By 2 a.m., powered by national pride and alcohol, the 3-million-square-mile land mass was barging eastward through the Coral Sea and crossing into the central Pacific, leaving a trail of beer cans and Chinese take-away in its wake.

When dawn broke over the Northern Hemisphere, the continent suddenly found itself, not only upside down, but smack in the middle of the Atlantic, and according to most of its 19 million inhabitants, that's the way it's going to stay.

"We sent troops to Afghanistan. You never hear about it. We have huge government scandals. You never hear about it. It's all 'America did this,' and 'Europe says that,'" exclaimed Perth resident Paul Watson. "Well, we're right in the thick of things now, so let's just see if you can you ignore us."

http://www.satirewire.com/news/jan02/images/newzealand.gif

Officials on both sides of the Atlantic conceded that would be difficult. "They broke Florida," said U.S. State Department spokesman Richard Boucher. "And most of Latin America is missing."

Meanwhile, victims of what's already been dubbed the "Australian Crawl" are still shaking off the event.

"Australia bumped into us at about midnight local time," said Hawaii governor Ben Cayetano. "They were very friendly — they always seem friendly — but they refused to go around unless we answered their questions. But the questions were impossible. 'Who is Ian Thorpe? Do you have any Tim Tams? What day is Australia Day?'"

"Fortunately, somebody here had an Unimportant World Dates calendar and we aced the last one," Cayetano added.

Panama, however, was not so lucky.

"Australia came through here screaming curses at us to let them through," said Ernesto Carnal, who guards the locks at the entrance to the Panama Canal. "We said they would not fit, so they demanded to speak with a manager. When I go to find Mr. Caballos, they sneak the whole continent through."

When Caballos shouted to the fleeing country that it had not paid, Australia "accidentally" backed up and took out every nation in the region, as well as the northern third of Venezuela. They then made up a cheery song about it.

By late morning today, however, not everyone in Australia was quite so blithe. "We've still got part of Jamaica stuck to Queensland," said Australian army commander Lt. Gen. Peter Cosgrove. "I think we might have declared war on it. I don't bloody remember. Maybe it's time to go home."

Cosgrove, however, is not in the majority, and at press time, U.S., African, and European leaders were still desperately trying to negotiate for Australia's withdrawal. But the independent-minded Aussies were not making it easy. In a two-hour meeting at midday, Australian representatives listed their demands: immediate inclusion in the North Atlantic Treaty Organization, a permanent CNN presence in all 6 Australian states, a worldwide ban on hiring Paul Hogan, a primetime U.S. television contract for Australian Rules Football, and a 4,500-mile-long bridge between Sydney and Los Angeles.

U.S. negotiators immediately walked out, calling the Australian Rules Football request "absurd."

EDITOR'S NOTE: LIKE WE SAID, SATIREWIRE IS BACK!
FOR NEW STUFF, CLICK THE 'HOME' BUTTON ABOVE. FOR THE LATEST VERSION OF THIS STORY, CLICK HERE.

Copyright © 2002-2010, SatireWire.

• Haha 4

• 5 months later...

Reference the “global warming” (yeah right) undies saga....that was SOP for any young Alo III chopper pilot...if you have to carry out a precautionary landing, due to a fuel low pressure light, fly until you find a farmhouse with the sexiest undies on the line...and land there! Any young female PAX approaching your aircraft in a skirt....pull 0.2 collective pitch setting....rotor wash will lift the skirt....oh dear, weren’t the pre PC days a lot of laughs! I miss them!

• Haha 1