Let's play "Pun Trivia"

old man emu

• But, just what do you say when comforting a Grammar Nazi?

There, their, they’re.

• Spelling is the difference between knowing your crap and knowing you're crap.

• I never wanted to believe that my Dad was stealing from his job as a road worker.

But when I got home, all the signs were there.

• What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil.

I wouldn't pay $200 to have a lentil on me.

• Haha 4

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Or the one in Barnard Castlehttp://www.fryer-tuck.co.uk/

with the added bonus of the owner being a microlight pilot - wobbly wing division ;-)

Very good Fish n Chips attested to by me and my waistline

Thanks Kasper. . .

Yes, it's very sad that there's not enough love to go round. . .OR in this case not enough Puns !

Saw a coffee shop near Stafford some time back, called Perk-U-Later . . .

Why were you mooning?Kaz

That event pre-dated the term "mooning" by a number of decades. Anyway it would have been precluded by the uncontrolled hysterics from myself and my mother as we spotted it at the same moment.

This isn't a photoshop job BTW. . their website works. . . . .[ATTACH=full]42360[/ATTACH]

No comment.

I liked the sketch Hale & Pace did about the real estate agents.

"We are... sole traders

Are sole traders for your family...

We are... sole traders

R. Sole & Sons are we...."

• Like 1

I sent an email to some people with a list of ten hilarious puns. I waited to hear back which puns made them laugh. . . . . . No pun in ten did.

I asked my North Korean friend how it was there, he said he couldn't complain.

I couldn’t for the life of me remember how you throw a boomerang,. . . . but then it came back to me.

I think my local dry cleaners can repair my trousers,. . . or at least sew its seams.

I went to the doctors with hearing problems. He said "Can you describe the symptoms ?" I said . . . . . "Homer's a fat bloke and Marge has blue hair"

• Haha 2

They're all good, Phil.

Thanks Peter,. . . Shame that only TWO of them are puns,. . . .

In the same way that this one isn't :

An ice cream man was found dead, lying on the floor of his van, his head covered with hundreds and thousands.

Police reports suggest he’d probably topped himself .

>

Thanks Peter,. . . Shame that only TWO of them are puns,. . . .In the same way that this one isn't :

An ice cream man was found dead, lying on the floor of his van, his head covered with hundreds and thousands.

Police reports suggest he’d probably topped himself .

>

He is sucking up to you Phil 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One of the kings of the pun is English comedian Milton Jones:

'Recently on a flight to America, all the way across my wife was going "Why don't you get an upgrade, why don't you get an upgrade?" It took a bit of time, but in the end I got a better wife.'

' My wife - it's difficult to say what she does - she sells sea shells on the sea shore.'

'When my daughter was born she had jaundice. There she was - small, round and yellow. So we called her Melanie.'

'People are hiding money offshore and you've got to really know what you're doing with that. 'Cos I fell out of the boat 6 times.'

'My sister's got hay fever, and now she has diabetes. I tried to cheer her up - flowers - chocolates...'

'I worked as a doctor for the World Health Organisation. I didn't mean to, I thought I was auditioning for Doctor Who.'

'My grandfather is always saying that in the old days people could leave their back doors open. Which is probably why his submarine sank.'