Nav lights wrong

Tonight there was a large aircraft orbiting the Bruthen area, it had its Nav lights the wrong way around, I.e the red was on the right and the green left.

I didn't think such a monumental stuff up would be possible in the professional world of General Aviation.....

Well first he was headed south, then east then north then west then south then east then north then west then south.............does it matter? Are they switchable? Or maybe only on twins????

How much weed did you smoke today?

Maybe it was a ufo 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I had the experience about 50 years ago when out spotlight shooting of seeing cars that appeared to be driving backward. Tail lights leading, headlights behind. It must have been an optical illusion but to this day I don't know how it happened.

Or sailors,either

When I went to sea it was "No RED PORT LEFT in the bottle" that distinguished our reds and greens.

Which reminds me of my assessment many years ago at the then Marine Board for a commercial ticket to drive boats up to 65' long.

Captain Mesquita was the assessing officer. He showed me red light, green lights and white lights. He asked lots of questions about the rules of the road at sea and then he checked my eyesight.

"Bugger", I thought...I had forgotten my glasses.

"Cover one eye", he said. So I covered my right eye and then read the text he put before me.

"Now the other one" said the man with 4 rings on his sleeve. So I covered the left one and could read nothing.

"You are blind in one eye" was his response to this and then, "You have failed".

"Not much room for Nelson in your navy!", was my smart-arse retort.

"WHO IS THIS NELSON?

And I cracked up!

I went back to the office, got my glasses and sat the test again with a much better outcome. I was a bit pissed years later when Victoria brought in recreational boating licenses and I had to do another test and pay for it...sound familiar?

Kaz

I had the experience about 50 years ago when out spotlight shooting of seeing cars that appeared to be driving backward. Tail lights leading, headlights behind. It must have been an optical illusion but to this day I don't know how it happened.

That would have been the "tank" Ford Fairlane or Galaxie of the late '50's/early '60's? Are you colour-blind in any form at all? Approximately 10% of males suffer from some form of colour-blindness.

I heard a story years ago, that in the U.S. they had a number of accidents where colour blind drivers couldn't tell whether a tank Fairlane or Galaxie was coming or going, because the colour-blind drivers couldn't distinguish between the Ford taillights and headlights.