ZS-WSC what was it?

rdarby

over 15 years ago I trained in what was a 2 seat high wing taildragger with the registration ZS-WSC. This was at Bapsfontein in South Africa under Sandy Kirkpatric, at Freedom Flight School.

For the life of me I can't remember the manufacturer of that kit built airplane and I can't find it on a register. I assume it no longer exists.

Anyone know how to look up and old registration please?

Cheers

Ryan

• 5 months later...

I often wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 4 am. Gives me the sh*ts because I usually get back to sleep 30 minutes before it's time to get up. Then, at work, when I want to be bright eyed and bushy tailed, I'm in zombie mode. Part of the aging process I guess.

• Like 1
  • Agree 6

• 3 weeks later...
I often wake up bright eyed and bushy tailed at 4 am. Gives me the sh*ts because I usually get back to sleep 30 minutes before it's time to get up. Then, at work, when I want to be bright eyed and bushy tailed, I'm in zombie mode. Part of the aging process I guess.

Have a sleep study performed.. Those symptoms sound very familiar.

KP

• Agree 2

• 5 months later...

Sounds like you could be suffering from Storchy Syndrome, KP's prognosis, Jabby Jitters, or Planey Problems.

Not good at all, but never feel you are the only one.

Didn't mention PMC, he's probably sleeping:sleep:

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I had to get a sleep study done for my class 2 medical , moderate sleep apnea was the outcome, however after using the cpap machine for 3 months i was a zombie ,i got less sleep per night fell asleep if sitting to long ie reading or tv, so told the sleep study people and the conclusion was cpap was not for me and sent letter to confirm for casa ,they still want 12 months info off machine so will not be getting medical back, i get 8 hrs great sleep and can function all day no problems ,i go to bed at 10 ish and have no sleep apnea problems its a crock anyway,there are no recorded incidents for flying of sleep apnea, its casa just making it harder for us

That's the first time I've heard of a CPAP machine making sleep worse. Did you have the machine set correctly. When you did your sleep test which identified an apnoea condition, you should have been called back for a calibration test where the determine the level of pressure that overcomes the condition. Then that pressure is dialed into the CPAP machine.

I've been using mine for a couple of months. My only problem is the humidifier or my mouth-breathing. I wake up with a terribly dry mouth.

Every authority that issues approvals for people to operate vehicles that could cause danger to others has jumped on the BMI/Apnoea bandwagon. It hist hard if you are over 60 yrs old, but I am perplexed as to why I see so many morbidly obese younger people operating the same vehicles without have been required to undergo a medical.

Yes it was calibrated it was a hire machine from the sleep clinic, and i have been told by a number of people that they have the same problem, i have a

beard and they adjusted for that, i have since lost a few lilos and it seems to have cured my snoring but once diagnosed casa will not relent, i look after my 3 year old grandaughter and its full on, and i dont get that tired. For driving a b double or any heavy vehicle i understand that they may need these problems to be monitered but when i fly i am completely awake never the chance of falling asleep, i dont have narcolepsy which means you can drop off to sleep and approaching seventy i dont have any problems staying awake all day into the night for some bad cases of sleep apnea it is probably a good idea but 1 rule or size does not fit all, i have several types of licences to operate machinery, taxi licence, rigid licence, RPL and Ra aus but the <mod censored> from casa is endless.

The sleep clinic confirmed that it was a low moderate sleep apnea and gave me basicilly and exemption letter stating that but casa still insists that i have 12 months info off machine . and i have no sleep troubles maybe i just lucky

I went to the hospital for a chest xray for suspected bronchitis. hat was clear, but hey did a general checkup - temp, blood pressure, pulse etc., and put that peg-like gadget on my finger. They got me to lie back on one of those reclining chairs like at the dentist. They said my blood oxygen dropped right off in a reclined position, recovered when I sat up. Referred me for a sleep test. Earliest appointment I can get is June.

I currently have trouble sleeping due to a rotator cuff injury following a fall. I'm fine sitting up, except that it's like a corked muscle when you raise your arm above shoulder height, but laying down it's like someone is pressing two thumbs into my shoulder - very painful. (See below) Had an xray and ultrasound and will be getting an ultrasound guided cortisone injection - on 20 March! The best sleep I get is sitting upright in an armchair. Very sleep deprived at the moment..

1742027477_rcinjury.JPG.b1b0c5215e1c19dd9a3b4c190ae26eae.JPG

Once a medical condition is flagged by a licensing authority, the only way to lower the flag is to be lowered in a coffin.

Every year they ask the same question: 'Are you still beating your wife?"

I retired from my career over ten years ago because of the stress . It was reported as anxiety and depression. I'm not in that environment anymore, so it can't affect me, but Roads & Maritime Services still want an annual report as to the state of that condition before they will renew my public vehicle driver's authority. And because it has been reported that I have sleep apnoea, I have to use a CPAP machine every night because if ever I had an incident while driving a public passenger vehicle, the RMS would demand the record of my previous night's usage of the CPAP machine.

I bloody glad that they don't take into account that my feet stink and I don't love Jesus,

Those of us Queenslanders who enjoy daylight have to create our own Daylight Saving Time since the dinosaurs have barely arrived in the 20th century, never mind the 21st!

Old Indian saying which I feel is appropriate in respect to Daylight Saving.

Only a White Man could cut 2 inches of the top of a blanket and sew it to the bottom of the blanket and then think he had a longer blanket.

Like I said, dinosaurs. However you look at it, daylight is more useful when people are up and about than 4am when most people want to be asleep. Fortunately being retired I am not limited to working hours, sleeping hours etc. I’ve heard all the Qld arguments against it, most of which are totally inane, fade the curtains, cows won’t know when to give milk, even “ I won’t survive losing an hours sleep every night” and of course “the children won’t go to sleep if it is light at night” I grew up in Scotland where, in Summer, it doesn’t get dark until after 11pm and light again around 2.30am and guess what, the kids still went to sleep. In Winter we went to school in the dark and came home in the dark. But it doesn’t matter what argument is used, the minds of Queenslanders cannot be swayed. Your blanket analogy, which I have also heard before, may be meant to be derisory but no one suggests that there is more daylight, only that it is more useable. Imagine, you could even do a cross-country after work without needing an NVFR endorsement!