I Would Sell the Wife for this one - Blackwing LSA +12g / - 8g

SSCBD

BLACKWING is today's most advanced Ultralight. The Next Gen airframe combines convenient side by side (121cm wide!) seating with high-end tandem performance. No more compromises needed. The full prepreg carbon airframe is the lightest and strongest in it's class. As a pilot-owner, the BLACKWING ULTRA RG will give you the opportunity to grow your flying skills. From slow to fast to WARP SPEED, you are in full control. The green arc up to 302km/h demonstrates how advanced the ULTRA is. With an ultimate loading of +12/-8G and a spin recovery tailplane design, BLACKWING offers a lot of safety. Engine options from 80HP to 150HP depending local microlight legislation. If you want to push your flying skills, BLACKWING is for you.

BW 600 RG Specifications

ROTAX912iS

VNE 400 km/h (216 kts)

CRUISE SPEED 75% 278 km/h (150 kts)

STALL SPEED 65 km/h (35 kts)

FUEL CONSUMPTION 14 l/h (range 10h)

TAKEOFF DISTANCE 150 m (15 m obstacle)

LANDING DINSTANCE 300 m (15 m obstacle)

CLIMB RATE 7.6 m/s (1500 ft/min)

CABIN WIDTH 1.21 m (47.5")

MAX TOW 450 – 472.5 kg

EMPTY WEIGHT 297.5 kg (incl. BRS)

WINGSPAN / AREA 8.4 m / 9.4 m2

ULTIMATE LOADFACTOR +12 / -7.5G

BW 600 RG

BLACKWING is today's most advanced Ultralight. The Next Gen airframe combines convenient side by side (121cm wide!) seating with high-end tandem performance. No more compromises needed. The full prepreg carbon airframe is the lightest and strongest in it's class. As a pilot-owner, the BLACKWING ULTRA RG will give you the opportunity to grow your flying skills. From slow to fast to WARP SPEED, you are in full control. The green arc up to 302km/h demonstrates how advanced the ULTRA is. With an ultimate loading of +12/-8G and a spin recovery tailplane design, BLACKWING offers a lot of safety. Engine options from 80HP to 150HP depending local microlight legislation. If you want to push your flying skills, BLACKWING is for you.

BW 600 RG

• Like 5

SSCBD some days I would be happy to sell mine for a jerrycan of fuel:whistling:

But truthfully at the minute she has been visiting her folks with our kids for over a week and I would actually give a jerrycan of fuel to have her back:whisper:

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Caution 2

Does she read this forum, SD?

No, but it always been a running joke - and if we had no kids etc - how much more would we have traveled - better car, boat - etc. Whish list.

SSCBD some days I would be happy to sell mine for a jerrycan of fuel:whistling:But truthfully at the minute she has been visiting her folks with our kids for over a week and I would actually give a jerrycan of fuel to have her back:whisper:

SDQDI - Don't weaken!

• Like 1

Looks amazing!

No official prices I can find online, but Wikipedia and a couple of forums seem to suggest €100k (I'm guessing that's a hard 'starting from') ... so by the time it gets here... A$200k and up?

How much do you want for your wife? - and is she good-looking, and happy enough to do housework and cooking and cleaning, without any complaints? 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Where is this Utopia you speak of?

SSCBD, Risen telephoned, apparently you have stopped taking their calls?

• Haha 1

At a MTOW of 472.5kg & with an empty weight of 297.5kg that only leaves a usable load of 175kg.

Now they say a range of 10 hours at 14 litres per hour which translates to 140 litre tanks. 140 litres weighs 100kg round numbers. So that leaves 75kg for pilot, passenger and baggage. Alot of guys wouldn't even be able to fill the tanks flying on their own & no baggage. 2 decent size blokes and you can't take any fuel.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Informative 3

MTOW = 472.5 kg

Empty weight = 297.5 kg

If those numbers are right, it Makes it look like a nice single seater.

Sorry, Mick. You beat me to it!

With two decent size blokes, you'd already be over mtow, so it would make for a very safe (but boring) day on the ground

• Like 1

Where is this Utopia you speak of?SSCBD, Risen telephoned, apparently you have stopped taking their calls?

Bex - Yes they have - but I still cant get a manufacturing - delivery , production date from them, they wont answer email with hard questions? seems very little progress from them at present - and the undercart is a bit soft for Aus strips, need a bowling green. But I still like the beast -

MTOW = 472.5 kgEmpty weight = 297.5 kg

With two decent size blokes, you'd already be over mtow, so it would make for a very safe (but boring) day on the ground

Who cares - not letting the wife come anyway! - smile

Or - other answer is - who cares, fly overweight - it only a bit of paper that says 472kg - don't tell lthe RAA - big smile!

• Haha 1

No, but it always been a running joke - and if we had no kids etc - how much more would we have traveled - better car, boat - etc. Whish list.

Ummm ... as a gay pilot I’ve avoided wives and kids.

Lived on 3 continents in 5 different countries, got pilots licences from 3, have designed and built two of my own designs, built 4 others in a factory and have 6 aircraft in the shed and container.

And I haven’t really tried that hard.

Apparently kids are expensive.

• Like 2
  • Agree 3
  • Winner 1

MTOW = 472.5 kgEmpty weight = 297.5 kg

The Blackwing is the result of a research project commenced in the 1990s, culminating in wind tunnel tests and a 350-hour prototype flight test program. It was designed to comply with the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale microlight rules with a version at a gross weight of 472.5 kg (1,042 lb) and US light-sport aircraft rules with a version with a gross weight of 600 kg (1,323 lb).

• Like 1
  • Informative 3
  • Winner 1

At a MTOW of 472.5kg & with an empty weight of 297.5kg that only leaves a usable load of 175kg.Now they say a range of 10 hours at 14 litres per hour which translates to 140 litre tanks. 140 litres weighs 100kg round numbers. So that leaves 75kg for pilot, passenger and baggage. Alot of guys wouldn't even be able to fill the tanks flying on their own & no baggage. 2 decent size blokes and you can't take any fuel.

AND Mick

Blackwing Edge

Kit-built aerobatic model with 600 kg (1,323 lb) gross weight for the LSA category, retractable landing gear and a maximum level TAS of 376 km/h (234 mph)

Ummm ... as a gay pilot I’ve avoided wives and kids.Lived on 3 continents in 5 different countries, got pilots licences from 3, have designed and built two of my own designs, built 4 others in a factory and have 6 aircraft in the shed and container.

Yeah we thought about kids, but then looked at how much the cat cost us.... and he only needs clothes for the Christmas photo 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Haha 2

Ummm ... as a gay pilot I’ve avoided wives and kids.Lived on 3 continents in 5 different countries, got pilots licences from 3, have designed and built two of my own designs, built 4 others in a factory and have 6 aircraft in the shed and container.

Kasper - Armidale - Really. Nice place to fly around when its not to Hot or TOO Cold. Runway is good - bit far out of town, and have you got a Gloria Jeans or Starbuck coffee shop yet?

• Helpful 1

Kasper - Armidale - Really. Nice place to fly around when its not to Hot or TOO Cold. Runway is good - bit far out of town, and have you got a Gloria Jeans or Starbuck coffee shop yet?

Actually a farm out of town with my own long flat paddock.

• Winner 1

Ah-HA! I've found the reason why SSCBD wants a Blackwing!

GYROCOPTER GIRL flies one, and SSCBD thinks she comes as part of the deal!! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif No wonder he wants to get rid of his wife!! 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

(and if you haven't watched GYROCOPTER GIRL in action, I want to know what cave you've been living in?!) 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Like 1
  • Winner 2

I have been lucky enough to fly the TL-Ultralight Stream in Czech Republic. It is a high performance tandem seating layout with retractable gear. A low level flight down the airstrip (with permission) at 300 kmh certainly got the adrenaline going. It is certified at 600 kg and during tests the wings went to over 170% of design strength. There are four coming off the production line right now from a company that has been producing composite aircraft for 25 years.

I have been told there is a factory recall on the Blackwing.

Contact me off line for further info. John.

• Like 1
  • Caution 1