Fatal Accident Laidley Qld

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen a couple of reports saying the pilot was an 84 year old.

Yes red750,Most news reports are saying that, not a bad innings to be still flying at that age

Findings in to the accident will be interesting to see if we ever get to find out

Very sad indeed. . Condolences to all involvedAnd i fly a slipsteam genesis same as the rev but enclosed Be nice to know the cause[ATTACH]54513[/ATTACH]

Ok it is same as mine. Genesis. Not revelation. Its the only other genesis in OZ .. i

I suggest having a read of the accident and incident reports and a browse through those here. There are very few of "these low powered machines" involved, most are 912s or Jabs.

In any case, as discussed at length previously, an engine failure should not result in a fatality, and there has been no mention of engine failure yet regarding this incident.

Guest Guest
I suggest having a read of the accident and incident reports and a browse through those here. There are very few of "these low powered machines" involved, most are 912s or Jabs.In any case, as discussed at length previously, an engine failure should not result in a fatality, and there has been no mention of engine failure yet regarding this incident.

To me Rotax and Jabs are in the low powered range as well but we each have a choice as to which powerplant we wish to trust our lives with, personal choice.

To me Rotax and Jabs are in the low powered range as well but we each have a choice as to which powerplant we wish to trust our lives with, personal choice.

Fair enough in regard to "low powered", but I beg to differ when it come to "trust our lives with". It's your wings/airframe you need to trust, never trust your engine, whether it's a 2 stroke a Lycoming or a Pratt & Whitney. If you choose to trust your life to an engine, it's all a gamble, just different odds.