Wind turbines

Finally, back to the thread subject. 

This link yer provided octave, I first came across over in pprune well over a year ago. I enjoyed picking it apart then and i'm sure I'll enjoy doing the same here.. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This link yer provided octave, I first came across over in pprune well over a year ago. I enjoyed picking it apart then and i'm sure I'll enjoy doing the same here.. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif 

I look forward to your thorough dismantling of this 117 page study from Liverpool University.  I have only just started reading it and it is quite long and detailed but I assume you have read it.   When can I expect your analysis?

I look forward to your thorough dismantling of this 117 page study from Liverpool University.  I have only just started reading it and it is quite long and detailed but I assume you have read it.   When can I expect your analysis?

Briefly, for a start...

A/ Start at chapter 8. "Piloted flight simulation results"  No need to look at every graph - just get a gist of it. 

B/ Flick through and have a look at all them nice computer simulations of turbulent airflow. And even look at the LIDAR pictures.

C/ Then sit down and have a read through whilst keeping in mind the term "wind shear" Every pilot knows what wind shear is dont they.. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

D/ Whilst reading consider that there is much literature from the wind industry itself describing the combined turbulence effects of two wind towers aligned with the wind flow.

And, i think there was a saying that Winston Churchill used to describe people who try and bamboozle yer with large amounts of bull....

You are comparing natural gas that leaks out via natural buoyancy from rotting vegetable matter a few metres under ground compared to blasting thousands of litres down as far as 4 kms then the corrosive chemicals that they use to turn to turn coal into gas is pumped into the well.there are plenty documented cases in the US of CSG workers falling sick after inhaling the fracking powder

As discussed evidence from US has little relevance, and no the gas is not from rotting vegetation. 

Complete nonsense

F B said

"Start at chapter 8. "Piloted flight simulation results"  No need to look at every graph - just get a gist of it."

I did that !, So did at least 16 more builder, starting out on our dream airplane. & low & behold Bureaucratic nasties ruined that as we DIDN'T read all the FINE-PRINT.

BUT someone want's to swap his old car for the HummelBird, It' s older than my 1998 Delica !. ( He's having a look at the plane,  I said no engine start because of neighbors, & I don't fancy a drive in his car( He wasn't happy with that))

spacesailor

oldCar.thumb.jpg.4fc670b0718177d3a7bbb4b67bfe08ed.jpg

here's a road map of coal fired power plants, capacity and their lifespans and announced closure date.

Looking at this you can expect Australia will be 100% coal free in our lifetimes, which is a great step forward  

DcuT1NeV0AA1GyC.jpg&key=e2fe63a4cca2f514405c2b2abd5ed29569613502c7c9e376c7ac38a4ab08802d

F B said"Start at chapter 8. "Piloted flight simulation results"  No need to look at every graph - just get a gist of it."

I did that !, So did at least 16 more builder, starting out on our dream airplane. & low & behold Bureaucratic nasties ruined that as we DIDN'T read all the FINE-PRINT.

BUT someone want's to swap his old car for the HummelBird, It' s older than my 1998 Delica !. ( He's having a look at the plane,  I said no engine start because of neighbors, & I don't fancy a drive in his car( He wasn't happy with that))

Not havin a go at me barely literate writings are ya.. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif    I think I were a little to brief and dis-jointed in that post.

At "B" I shoulda had said to go back to page one and flick through all the computer generated pictures and LIDA photos. And at "C", read through the whole report. 

What I were attempting to emphasise were that when reading the research one needs to keep in mind it is basically a computer generated study that does not take into account wind shear inputs into wind generator blade turbulence. Note in the turbulence depictions in the research that the wake turbulence is basically shown in a clean airflow with no airflow speed variance shown for height. Considering, as I've mentioned before, that there is wind industry research done on turbulence effects affecting wind towers in grouped situations I find this so-called aircraft related research to be the usual garbage put out by the eco-loons. 

BUT you DID say

"NOT to look at every graph, just get a gist of it"

If one doesn't have the LAWER read every thing, you will be Punished by the bureaucrat,s  looking to make a name for themselves.

IF IT TAKES A BOARDROOM OF LAWYERS TO WRITE ANYTHING. how can we NOT read everything.

IF WE DO read everything WE will never sign anything. As all the dots & eyes are correct Without any loopholes or warranties implied.

spacesailor 

BUT you DID say"NOT to look at every graph, just get a gist of it"

If one doesn't have the LAWER read every thing, you will be Punished by the bureaucrat,s  looking to make a name for themselves.

IF IT TAKES A BOARDROOM OF LAWYERS TO WRITE ANYTHING. how can we NOT read everything.

IF WE DO read everything WE will never sign anything. As all the dots & eyes are correct Without any loopholes or warranties implied.

spacesailor 

006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

If yer think there is something in section 8 that might be used against me then put it up for the eco-loons - I'm sure their scrambling for some hand hold though they'll probably only find Cpl Klinger there.. 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif

It's just me.

Trying to decipher travel insurance for over 75 YO's

It's ridiculess   the amount of information they want, & "all the "get-out-of-jail" clause's they have.

What would happen if every one stopped buying their insurance & took the risk themselves. After all after we sign off on a policy that's so full of holes, who knows if it would pay-out in that uncommon occurrence. 

Spacesailor

this is the problem with contaminating your water supply in a country town

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-11/far-north-queensland-town-forced-to-boil-water-for-months/9750856

A business owner is worried stores might have to close their doors and residents have been forced to buy bottled water for three months as the government investigates whether a far north Queensland town's water is safe to drink.

Just over two weeks ago, the local council deemed the town's water safe — but Queensland Health did not agree and has ordered more tests for different parasites.

Ravenshoe baker Tony Boscacci said residents and businesses have had to boil their water for three months and that frustrations were peaking.

"I don't think the quality of the water is that bad it's just going through the bureaucratic process to get those bans lifted," he said.

"We're seeing a reduction in sales."

Cafes in the town have stopped supplying tap water.

They say, even when boiled, the tap water was still brown and murky and they do not want to take the risk.

9750882-3x2-700x467.jpg&key=fb44472877556ce5fb1cdd0736fa5584e3c79de7be832944bba6579af4619c82 Photo: Muddy sinks are a common sight at cafes in Ravenshoe, who are having to boil 'sludgy, murky' water and are offering customers discounted bottled water to drink. (Supplied)

Businesses risk losing vital tourist dollars

With tourist season coming up in far north Queensland, businesses were suffering, Mr Boscacci explained.

He said tourists did not want to stay in a place where it was not safe to drink the water.

"The tourist season is the season where the money is predominantly for the year and this carries the businesses through and enables them to employ people and stay viable," he said.

"Without that influx of tourist money, then a lot of businesses would go to the wall or be very adversely affected anyway."

Visitors are not even entering Ravenshoe, according to the baker, due to a large "boil water" warning sign at the entrance of the town.

"It's quite intimidating as you come into town," Mr Boscacci said.

"It's having a very negative effect for the tourists coming into town.

"They've voiced concerns that we're not up to 20th, let alone 21st century standards and they're reluctant to stay in the district at all."

Locals may have to boil water for months, says council

The Tablelands Regional Council issued the notice in early February and said it could take months to lift.

The notice applies to properties the Ravenshoe Road and Carrington Road areas connected to the Atherton Water Supply as well as those connected to the Bellview, Cassowary, Millstream, Ravenshoe and Herberton Water Supply Schemes.

Queensland Health and the Queensland Water Supply Regulator made recent changes in the drinking water management requirements, including increased water quality monitoring and reporting.

Council Interim CEO Mark Vis said the new regulations meant his government's hands were tied.

"We established the water had returned to pre-rain conditions, … however when we submitted that to the regulator — which is the Department of Natural Resources Mines and Energy and subsequently also Queensland Health — they advised us we required more verification sampling, which we haven't had to do in the past," he said.

"There's no other way we could've reduced the duration of these "boil water" notices in our current regulatory framework."

Mr Vis said residents could be waiting a lot longer to safely drink tap water.

"We would have to install improved treatment processes, but they're very expensive systems that need to be properly planned to ensure they're delivered in an efficient way with a whole-of-life cost that is sustainable for the council," he said.

Queensland Health has been contacted for comment.

"Stop these things" is a crackpot honey pot. Please quote reliable source

Oh, what is wrong with it ?

Latest article from STT - "...The Swiss national daily Baseler Zeitung recently reported how Germany’s wind industry is facing a potential “abandonment”..."

https://stopthesethings.com/2018/05/10/green-energys-poisonous-legacy-millions-of-toxic-turbine-blades-destined-for-african-landfills/

Aparently the plan is to bury old german wind towers in Africa. I suppose it will be good for the African ground water.....

wind turbine blades are 90% fiberglass, you can even see the fibres in the photos, fiberglass is glass and is recycled,  again I remind you that the naive and senile are the target market for STT

its quack media

Oh, then you will be able to find many STT articles to fault... 010_chuffed.gif.c2575b31dcd1e7cce10574d86ccb2d9d.gif

Meanwhile, back to reporting on the eco-power scam...

"...In the hard-hitting Danish docu-drama, Follow the Money, the Armani suited executives of Energreen play a game of cat and mouse with the Fraud Squad, pumping up the value of their wind farm ‘assets’, while erasing anything from their books that investors might reasonably conclude were liabilities. Some viewers might call it ‘creative accounting’, others good old-fashioned ‘fraud’.

The apparent purpose of Energreen’s book keeping shenanigans is to lure in a steady stream of gullible investors to keep the whole circus afloat, long enough for those at the top of the Pyramid to line their pockets..."  https://stopthesethings.com/2016/05/30/panic-erupts-infigen-set-to-offload-worn-out-australian-wind-farms-to-even-greater-fools/

And do follow the links in the STT articles - 

"...Recycling of the components is a special challenge for dismantling. "We are making wind turbines with massive subsidies, but no one has thought about what will happen afterwards with the plants, that the means used must be recyclable, for example", said Wilms, managing director of the largest German waste disposal company Remondis.

The material of steel parts or copper lines is very well usable. One problem, however, is the rotor blades, which consist of a mixture of glass and carbon fibres and are bonded with polyester resins. "We are running into a huge problem," said Michael Schneider from Remondis on the Handelsblatt. Because it is hardly possible to separate the fibres bonded with resin. "We can't get them apart," says Schneider. From 2021, 16 000 tonnes of such materials could be incurred annually..."

https://stopthesethings.com/2018/05/10/green-energys-poisonous-legacy-millions-of-toxic-turbine-blades-destined-for-african-landfills/

here's a road map of coal fired power plants, capacity and their lifespans and announced closure date.Looking at this you can expect Australia will be 100% coal free in our lifetimes, which is a great step forward  

DcuT1NeV0AA1GyC.jpg&key=e2fe63a4cca2f514405c2b2abd5ed29569613502c7c9e376c7ac38a4ab08802d

Pity about the lights going out, though. Unless we get sensible and replace with nukes.