Single Seat Commuter

it wouldn't even warm up  the engine properly. and by the time you get it out and preflight it you could have driven there. Is there some special need to fly?  I presume airspeed won't matter much. Single seat thruster comes to mind.. Nev

Fair enough. You don't need speed . If it's fabric check the condition of it before you buy anything/.Good luck and look after your motor and fuel system carefully. Nev

Get a 503 of 582 powered microlight and with 2 seats. A club mate sold his last year for next to nothing.  Seem to be great value, just hope you don't mind the cold!

Ken

Also to mention, It would be proffered if it had wings fold capability

Then high on the list should be a Backyard Flyer. Watch what happens at 2.40 minutes in the video and see the single seater flying later in the video.

I am trying to judge what a 15 year old might be able to afford, but you need to offer more information in this area.

Is the Backyard flyer available over here?Don't those single seat versions sound out of this world.Brilliant folding wing principle.

I want one

cheers

colin

At $5k you are looking at rag and tube and old.  Single seat thruster would meet your desires and you might pick up a fixer upper ... but be aware skins for all the old rag n tube drifters etc are going to cost half your budget and an engine overhaul or replacement will take the other half so be aware what you are looking at and what it realistically needs to get it into the air or keep it there for a year or three. 

Wereyou to be iver near perth there is a 503 sapphire at near your budget.  Not great on short or really rough strips but a heck of a lot of aircraft for your $

T85 short wing with a 503 is the best of the group in my opinion - but a long wing t83 is still a lovely place to float around in.  Enjoy. 

Even someones prodject that they never finished could be good, give me something to do

Contact the Member 'Flyerme' here, or  his other alias, Tim Heylbut on Facebook    https://www.facebook.com/tim.heylbut

Tim knows of lots of ultralights around the place and does a few up on occasion.

Hi,Any ideas for a single seat aircraft to fly from home farm to Local airport 10NM away??Cheers Jack

G`Day Jack, If you havn`t already done so, take a look at the Drifter Aircraft Appreciation Society, on facebook! Jordan Slark has a WB Drifter for sale.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=drifter aircraft appreciation society

Franco.

Jack. Ill pm you my number on FB. Give me a ring after 6 pm. And we will have a chat ....  5 k should see you flying a 2stroke single no worries.  Or a project   .  To Give you an idea.  I sold a flying VW powered singke seat chinook (used in my youtube movie" The Diary of Jack Flyer - The Red Devil". For $1800. Required reg only 

just sold a vw powered VP 1 needing skinning compkete with eng fir $1500

plenty out there 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Jack, I know of 2 kestrels that may be of interest and fit your criteria, similar to mine (photo) but on wheels.

PM me if interested.

P1020456.JPG.7cb47c962a2f3c40bdb2d0ef40891780.JPG

• Like 1