Photo thread for the heck of it

ayavner

Psst.:whisper:it's not a rifle......

I don't know what it is, but if it's a shottie it's the first I've seen with flint lock and front sight. And if it IS a flint-lock musket or rifle I don't know why the hell she's using a cartridge belt. Couldn't be a staged pic from Central Casting perhaps...

I own up to being a collector of old cars and bikes. All the British ones need drip trays, even the Bentley. And, come to think of it, the Lycoming in the hangar ( though just the breather). The only things that don't have drip trays are a BMW, a Merc and a VW. Perhaps that says something about Brexit, we just can't stand those smarmy Germans.

• 3 weeks later...
The second one is perfectly safe... where's the ladder going to go?

I thought that to start with and then had the thought that if the balcony uprights failed the bottom of the ladder would head backwards and your nose would go downwards:hide:

I thought that to start with and then had the thought that if the balcony uprights failed the bottom of the ladder would head backwards and your nose would go downwards:hide:

It would, if they failed. However they look to me like they're square section steel with wood panel between so they're probably dynabolted to the floor.

Not saying I'd be on that ladder, by the way. Just saying it's probably not as unsafe as it first appears.

Here's some that will take your breath away.[ATTACH=full]44373[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]44374[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]44375[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]44376[/ATTACH]

This is why women live longer than men.

Whilst living in Australia,. . .I do not recall having to pay a TV licence to the National Broadcaster, ABC, but in the UK, this fee has been payable to the BBC for a very long time. It is now becoming a bit of a joke, since the BBC is a Propaganda service, and certainly not impartial in any way shape nor form.

These are a few pictures of the GPO ( General Post Office ) in the early days, TV detector vehicles, used to find those miscreants who, for one reason or another, had failed to pay their licence fee. ( Currently £145.50 per annum ) This Licence fee is backed up by criminal legislation, where a £1,000.000 fine can be levied for non compliance. It only covers the reception of Live streamed TV broadcasts.

1550022051_TV1.jpg.43a0de5a0ae0413a61b3b84d525c2d0d.jpg

As thoose grizzled, wizened Telly engineers will know, an old style TV set had noisy oscillators, the radiation from which could, technically be detected from the street,. . .although anecdotal evidence from the time suggested that the best indicator of a TV being used in a house, was that, in the hours of darkkness, the flashing lights from a TV CRT screen could be seen from outside ! Nowadays, many people refuse to pay this political leftie fee, . . and can claimm to only watch TV on catch-up, or video only. . . . the 'Enforcers' have no right of entry to your property. . . . people are gradually waking up to this wankfest.

246662684_TV2.jpg.c9b38c1b66453c8a70240677b73f0bc6.jpg

These vans were also used in Northern Ireland, and shared around, mainly to frighten people into paying. I have no evidence that these vans actually worked, other than One story from an elderly man who said that there was nothing in the van at all, apart from a bloke with a pair of binoculars looking for flashing behind the curtains. . . unconfirmed.

1424966308_TV3.jpg.4ef6b818bc0e1b40ed20dda04ab84398.jpg

Interesting antenna configuration. . . ? And Finally, a pic of one of these vehicles which was recently restored by an enthusiast. . . . ( ? )

1126893993_TV4.jpg.cc01631b59c4c65eb7c1bd9a437b0c82.jpg

The mind boggles. . . .

Whilst driving in England,. . .

I noticed that "unpowered trailers" are not registered, whilst in Australia we have to pay exorbitant fee's.

EXCEPT child carrying bicycle trailer's, not even a warrant of fitness. Registered trailers are not allowed to have people in them at any time.

spacesailer