Photo thread for the heck of it

ayavner

I am at wits end trying to send a pic here.Anyone help with info on how to send via iPad?The site will not accept due to too large (200mb)

PHIL.

If you email picture the to yourself Phil, it will often ask whether you wish to reduce the file size. When you receive it, save in your pictures and attach that smaller file instead, and you should have no problems Hope this helps. That's what I do, but there may be other ways.

Diana Rigg, the love of my teenage life (from a great distance) then and now. She is still lovely.[ATTACH=full]44841[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]44842[/ATTACH]

Met her at a friends place on a few occasions when I lived in the UK 45yrs or so ago. She was as lovely as she looked, and made me go weak at the knee's much to my then wife's annoyance. I think it was the dark brown eyes. Reminded me of my heart-throb Natalie Wood. Grrrrrrr!016_ecstatic.gif.589e91a21dd797f2d651a6973a4d582e.gif

Anyone remember this lovely lady from Bless this House, with Sid James and the Carry On movies, Father Dear Father, etc;?

What great shows they were.

Sally Geeson. Cant crop the ugly bloke out of the picture, but she's also an absolute treasure. From fame and fortune, she now looks after underprivelged kids. Her hair used to be very dark brown, but is now blonde like most of the ladies where I live.

The bloke with her also has a face like a plowed field these days, which is probably an improvement!

560943434_SallyGeeson001.jpg.61e67cd3acf60bcba12a03690f62e1b9.jpg

Met her at a friends place on a few occasions when I lived in the UK 45yrs or so ago. She was as lovely as she looked' date=' and made me go weak at the knee's much to my then wife's annoyance. I think it was the dark brown eyes. Reminded me of my heart-throb Natalie Wood. Grrrrrrr![img']https://www.recreationalflying.com/xf_step/upload/uploads/emoticons/016_ecstatic.gif.589e91a21dd797f2d651a6973a4d582e.gif[/img]

I met Patrick McNee once,. . .in his John Steed days,. . . . .but I can't honestly say that I fancied him. . . . . but he WAS just as much of a Gentleman off screen too. . .

If you email picture the to yourself Phil, it will often ask whether you wish to reduce the file size. When you receive it, save in your pictures and attach that smaller file instead, and you should have no problems Hope this helps. That's what I do, but there may be other ways.

OR. . . . . .if you are still using something really old,. . .like Windows 7. . . you could open it in windows picture manager,. . .and compress it, using the 'Documents' tag. I do this with my old laptop to reduce the filesize on large file pics I've taken with one of my own cameras, which are usually around 5 Mb, and a bit too big for the site to accept. I don't use win 10 ( yet ) so I dunno what associated progs are available in it,. . .when Microsoft produce an upgrade, they usually remove anything useful from the previous marque. . . . .

If you're using Mac,. . .I dunno. . .If you're using Linux. . . .I forget. . . . .

Taken a week to get a pic here. Thanks to all who have helped.

I emailed the pic to myself. Clicked on where indicated to attach document. Chose one of four size options. Send.

Went back to picture moments. There were now two identical pics.

Back to this site and attached the second pic.

Presto!

Seems a long way round but what the heck, it works.

PHIL.

image.jpeg.1adb8956ddc54baa95c332b3d691d5bd.jpeg

I was out taking some photos at South Wharf in Melbourne's Docklands precinct today. I was sitting in the car changing the battery in my camera when I heard this racket overhead. Jumped out and pointed the camera at this Super Puma heading from YMEN to the south Gippsland oil rigs. By the time I got the telephoto extended and got somewhere near in focus, it was almost out of range. I had to crop and enlarge a bit, so image noise is pretty bad. Oh well.

367224624_SuperPumaoverSouthWharf.JPG.360db3b3633653e0a25bfc72feaebda4.JPG

Oops, my bad. After checking, looks more like a Sikorsky S-92. Tail rotor and stabiliser both on the right of the tail.