This should really be on the Gripes thread. .

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW

Don't think for a moment that US or UK give a rat's ass about us, no matter how much brown nosing our petty little pollies do.

• Agree 2

I agree with your analysis Bex, but don't blame the average Aussie voter; what party actually challenges the "All the way with USA" sacred cow?

The developments in China are mind-numbing; we are told that China now has half the world's high speed train track (neither USA or Australia has any), is the world's biggest car builder and market, and has developed machines that build massive bridges faster than it takes to form an Australian parliamentary select committee to inquire into whether we might, one of these decades, actually build something.

We hear lots about the One Belt, One Road, which will bring prosperity to so many.

But...

Many of us worry about the intrusive power the Chinese Communist Party has already exerted in Australia. Our universities, our ethnic media, and our political parties. Yes, we know the Brits and Yanks have always done this too, but their influence was somewhat constrained because they had reasonably free media and an open judicial system. China has neither; too often we hear that people who challenge the central government just disappear.

We'd like to good friends with China, but not a satellite.

• Agree 3

Bex who are these Aussie companies that are losing 10 billion a year to the US, do their share holders know about this or did you mean we have a trade deficit with the U.S.

Probably both, T88. Foreign corporations make billions from their operations in Australia, but which ones pay tax here? I suspect some of them pay more in lobbying, disguised political donations or bribes than they pay in tax.

Our government has spent lots of effort to cut company taxes; why not a bit more effort to get them to actually pay some tax?

• Agree 1

Probably both, T88. Foreign corporations make billions from their operations in Australia, but which ones pay tax here? I suspect some of them pay more in lobbying, disguised political donations or bribes than they pay in tax.Our government has spent lots of effort to cut company taxes; why not a bit more effort to get them to actually pay some tax?

At least it looks like the by-election results have scared the LNP into talking about dropping the big business tax cuts. Personally I hope they try to keep them so it drives people to Labor.

And the drought just keeps going on. Just 0.2% of NSW is not under drought conditions now. We are getting our airfield cut for hay. It is super dry and brown & probably doesn't have much nutritional value but we are giving it away, it is being baled for free and transported free to somewhere out west in the hope that ours and others will keep stock alive till it rains. What these poor farmers should have done or could have done is completely irrelevant now. Most are crippled with debt & have little hope. We just need to try, show some compassion & help where we can.

• Agree 2
  • Winner 1

Our government has spent lots of effort to cut company taxes; why not a bit more effort to get them to actually pay some tax?

Because it's a myth thrust upon the ignorant public once again by disruptive force for their own gain, usually the ALP, but certainly the Greens.

In the case of the Greens at least they usually present a policy for the extra money, usually ridiculous but a plan none the less. The ALP simply do it to get votes by disruption, and then do nothing different.

How in the hell do people think Companies don't pay tax? - They pay tax left right and center the whole way down the line for everything they do. GST on everything they sell and buy, taxes on fuels, taxes on properties, and on what planet do you think the workers aren't paying income tax? All that tax comes about because of that Company.

And then there's the micro-economic structure directly supported by the Company, the delivery trucks, the sub-contractors, the supply companies, the food, the toilet rolls, the electricity and gas, the public transport (oops Australia, forget public transport), the fuel taxes from everybody traveling there, the list is long and is why Holden, Ford and Toyota closing up is costing 50,000 jobs within the micro-economic structures surrounding them.

Yeah, sure, Companies don't pay tax.

And here's my further thought on that, so 'fin what if they don't pay "enough" company tax*? What then?

Gee, the Company has more money for R&D, more money for expansion and more jobs, or retain current jobs.

And sure, the Shareholders will get more, and so what? - they will spend it on boats, cars, larger houses, holidays, i.e. micro-economic structures that keep others employed, and, wait for it ...... more taxes paid the whole way down the line.

Or would you rather give that money to the hands of the Government so that they can use it to pay the dole for those who can't be fitted into the now shrunken micro-economic structures ...

Think about how easy it is for someone like the ALP to alert the gaze of the common worker by simply starting with "Those wealthy bastards at the top ....." and how all this nonsense starts in the first place.

* For what it's worth, I am heavily anti- 'profits going overseas'. Overseas companies should have the crap taxed out of their profits, but not Australian based profits.

At least it looks like the by-election results have scared the LNP into talking about dropping the big business tax cuts. Personally I hope they try to keep them so it drives people to Labor.

Who are the wealthiest and highest living standards countries in the World? Yep, that's right, the ones with lots of big Companies and Corporations who are well supported by their Governments.

But please do post again via your Government assisted Corporation developed plastic computer, Internet, electricity, transmission lines, satellites, etc.

How is hypocrisy spelt? s-o-c-i-a-l-i-s-m.

• Agree 3
  • Winner 1

I agree with your analysis Bex, but don't blame the average Aussie voter; what party actually challenges the "All the way with USA" sacred cow?

I'm guessing you didn't see your own contradiction there, who's fault is it that both Parties drop their pants and take it up the nether regions from the Yanks? Yeah, the voters.

Embarrassing that New Zealand can tell them to sod off isn't it.

reasonably free media and an open judicial system. China has neither; too often we hear that people who challenge the central government just disappear.

The incredible irony there is that you believe those lies to be true because it's forced down your throat almost daily by an apparently "Free Press", what a joke.

I own a Law Firm here, most know that, or at least know my Missus is a prominent Lawyer here, so it's a a bit silly to state to me what the Judicial system here is like isn't it. I talk in depth about individual law cases every single day, I just got back from another city sitting with my Missus and 2 separate clients all afternoon, and what do you suppose we talked about on the hour drive home? - how many Chinese cases have you guys been involved with?

And yeah, I drove there and back on a section of the world's longest freeway sitting on 120 to 140 klicks. It's nearly 3000kms long. G5 Beijing–Kunming Expressway - Wikipedia

One of the many bullet train routes runs almost the same entire length as well, Chengdu to Beijing, $80 for a ticket.

How's the Sydney to Brisbane NSW Nth Coast section coming along BTW?

The Press in China is relatively free to report whatever facts they like, in Aus or USA they merely add words such "alleged", "suspected of", "opinion" and other immunity key words to say whatever unfounded crap they want to about anyone. Being "free" to say whatever Bollshot you want isn't a win for anybody.

Slightly related, large protest came by my house a few nights ago down the main road, police presence for turning the angry car drivers around sending them back the way they came - they were all arrested of course, I say that because that's the only ending that fits into some of your states of minds. That's what you want to hear, admit it.

protest.png.28b0282a95b9ccd48b8b3d51225069a6.png

Point with that is, I see daily what goes on in China, 13 years now, all you guys get is nonsensical American derived propaganda.

We'd like to good friends with China, but not a satellite.

I don't know where that paranoia comes from, quite laughable really considering Oz is a lackey for America.

Boy, get some of your warships into the South China Seas now! Yeah Masta, gone thar right awey Masta ..

By the way, that unbiased Western Free Press usually show a tight cropped map of the China Sea, they never show you this ...

2116654619_Fishingmap.jpg.f0864d4862b377358c13bbcd2565eb70.jpg

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Bex. I am inclined to agree with you but one thing does stand out. Big companies make sure they pay little tax. Profits go back to the parent company in a tax haven. The shareholders, of which I am one don't get the big profits. Just have a look at the directors and CEO take home.

The average director of big companies in Australia gets over 4 Million dollars. Now that is obscene in my opinion.

• Agree 1

Because it's a myth thrust upon the ignorant public once again by disruptive force for their own gain, usually the ALP, but certainly the Greens...

A myth? So the following sources are untrue?

Report reveals which big companies pay no tax | The West Australian

Australian tax office says 36% of big firms and multinationals paid no tax

FactCheck: do 679 of Australia's biggest corporations pay 'not one cent' of tax?

Which companies paid no tax last year?

Bex I've obviously hit a nerve. Yes, as you point out, companies do pay tax along the production process, but there are many ways to get around these taxes, as the larger corporations have found.

Or would you rather give that money to the hands of the Government so that they can use it to pay the dole for those who can't be fitted into the now shrunken micro-economic structures...

So Bex, you don't want government to receive any tax income?

Who should provide income for government?

Do you see any role for government, other than providing support for business?

Who are the wealthiest and highest living standards countries in the World? Yep, that's right, the ones with lots of big Companies and Corporations who are well supported by their governments...

The wealthiest countries have governments with sufficient tax income to regulate and maintain standards in food hygiene, the safety of medicines, our cars, trains, aircraft, kiddies toys...

They pay to educate and train future workers and citizens.

They establish and support centres of pure science and learning.

They try to limit the destruction of our diminishing natural world.

America has the richest corporations, but that doesn't guarantee high living standards. While a few are getting fabulously rich and live in gated communities, the middle class, on which capitalism once depended, is diminishing, and too many now live in slums, where governments' diminishing tax income cannot provide the services needed by its citizens.

I'm guessing you didn't see your own contradiction there, who's fault is it that both Parties drop their pants and take it up the nether regions from the Yanks?...

Actually it's your post that contains the contradiction, but let's take this little discussion to the other site, WUA.

You might start by asking yourself, "Who bears the risk?"

Not CEO's.

Your company performs well, you get an obscene salary plus obscene bonus.

Your company performs badly, you get an obscene salary plus, more often than not, an obscene bonus.

You do something so bad that they have to get rid of you, you get an obscene salary up to the end of the contract, plus an obscene golden parachute.

And then, because you're a member of the CEO club, you go on to another board and do it all over again.

What's this risk you talk about?