How do you commit aviation?

CAV0K

there is wellknown expression in Russian, created by Nobel Prize winner Joseph Brodsky - "the best view to this city - if you sit in a bomber!" (Лучший вид на этот город - если сесть в бомбардировщик)

Looking at Melbourne from the Enola Gay could be a good perspective...... :amazon:

To me the most basic flying is the most fulfilling. Having an open cockpit maximises the experience, something like a Thruster, primary, basic flying at it's best.

That’s what I’m discovering. Open in your face flying. Looking forward to testing a drifter!

Whatever the aircraft...It’s certain that it’s shared experiences that make things really fun and fulfilling. When things settle down and we can fly intentionally my intention is to fly in Australia, Phillipines and USA with others involved. Trips and experiences.

My flying highlights so far have been solo cross country climbing between scattered clouds and then later with my ultralight instructor in Phillipines. First would have been even better shared and second because it was shared.

Here’s the actual cloud from that solo. I’d also always send evidence to Pat that I’d landed at the airport instead of touch and go on solo. That’s second pic. He never seemed pleased with those pics.

A88F7AF7-0863-4B2D-9A0D-BBC5E661FEA0.jpeg.68c01ad103a50a0960c2a7455d9c9c09.jpegA6282F4D-C0E3-45E6-AB43-2E242A8ED8EA.jpeg.a2f18428c0958fa64a36f5e0f69ebe33.jpeg

• Like 1

I spent 20 years flying with my face in the wind a lot of the time. In that time I got a PPL as well. When the sun was out & the weather warm with plenty of CUs there was nothing better than thermalling in my Hang Glider. The only sound was the wind in the rigging & the odd call from a Harrier Hawk doing the same thing.

• Like 1

As I said to one CM2 one morning as we climbed between cloud layers through which the sunrise was just penetrating. "Julius Ceasar never had a Chariot like this." THAT applies to ANY aeroplane.. It's less than110 years since the first powered flight. Be aware of the special person you are when YOU FLY with you flying it. We tend to get a bit Blaise as "everyone" flys everywhere, these days it can be a little ho hum. After a few somewhat $#1t flights you look back at what ever you flew, and think" OK baby you and I got here today and that's (still) something," even though others may not see much in it.. You can sense every control movement and sound in a plane regardless of it's size or weight, if you are attuned to it. There's something others don't get who haven't done it. and some who do it and don't get it as much as they should/could. I think it's whether you are an airman(person) or more of a passenger just being taken along for the ride. Nev

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

I remember back in the early 1970s reading a quote from a Hang Gliding pioneer Rich Kilbourne & he said "I wanted to do that ever since I was a little kid. Just climb up the top of a mountain and then go off it. I looked around me as I was flying and I could see all directions and said This is the finest thing I've ever done". That's an airman.

• Like 3

KG, hang gliding is THE most basic flying, should be mandatory for anybody who wants to learn to fly ?

Anton, cities look like a fungus spreading over the countryside from high (enough) up, unless it's night time. Nev

Another of flying's pleasures is to see actual fungus like mushroom rings, certain times of year you can see grass of slightly different colour where the fungus is in great big rings. Plenty of Goldtops around here now, some of those hippies get high on them ?

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

KG, hang gliding is THE most basic flying, should be mandatory for anybody who wants to learn to fly...

As a teenager I was hooked by old pix of Otto Lilienthal gliding down a hillside. Much later the ABC used to run a filler of people hurled themselves off a mountain.

To this day I recall those video images fondly whenever I hear Dire Straits' Local Hero playing.

Sadly, I came to flying after a youth spent on fast motorcycles, which taught me a healthy fear of breaking my bones. I'd rather not use my long, ageing legs as landing gear.

• Like 1

That’s what I’m discovering. Open in your face flying. Looking forward to testing a drifter!

Whatever the aircraft...It’s certain that it’s shared experiences that make things really fun and fulfilling. When things settle down and we can fly intentionally my intention is to fly in Australia, Phillipines and USA with others involved. Trips and experiences.

My flying highlights so far have been solo cross country climbing between scattered clouds and then later with my ultralight instructor in Phillipines. First would have been even better shared and second because it was shared.

Here’s the actual cloud from that solo. I’d also always send evidence to Pat that I’d landed at the airport instead of touch and go on solo. That’s second pic. He never seemed pleased with those pics.

[ATTACH type=full" alt="A88F7AF7-0863-4B2D-9A0D-BBC5E661FEA0.jpeg]52663[/ATTACH][ATTACH type=full" alt="A6282F4D-C0E3-45E6-AB43-2E242A8ED8EA.jpeg]52664[/ATTACH]

This aint the sort of website you should be publishing photos of yourself urinating :dizzy: :happy:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Most fell on the ground, Taking a long time to find there sleeping bags? I used to fly there just about every year in the 80's, mostly guys but the odd girl, didn't much like that as they had special needs?

• Like 1

This aint the sort of website you should be publishing photos of yourself urinating :dizzy: :happy:

I’ve just found out you can’t say fuck, shit or cunt. It’s amazing. The Good Place was my absolute favourite show for a while. If you watched Ted Danson in Cheers as a teenager it’s worth a look. This is just like that. Forking interesting. In The Good Place it’s heaven and swear words get changed out from words like fuck to fork. I’m still fucking amused by this. Easily amused I guess.

I’ve stuck likes everywhere on these posts. Made me realise I always dreamed of flying. Grew up in Rowville, Victoria early childhood and up the hill near quarry was/ is a little clear patch. I’d consistently dream of flying from there.

‘Somebody mentioned motorbikes. Same... broken bones. Funnily enough flying feels like motorcycling at speed but less risky.

I think I’ve just produced a consciousness download. Oh well, off to work.... Steam and chilled water this week. On the .00001% chance somebodies read this far and has experience with chill and heat plants I’d really like to chat with them. We use in Taiwan to heat and cool plastics in production and are expanding plant against a limited electricity supply. I spent all last week with temp gauges and a 5 litre bucket and timer. From zero knowledge 7 days ago to some knowledge. Enough to know it’s expert experience territory.

Mike, what are the economics of using solar/wind to boost power available for that factory expansion?

Can’t. I’m huge on all that. It’d be exciting and fun. I’d have geo thermal lines, solar and wind. We are very limited with space. Think Hong Kong. That’s how tight we are.

But... one day it could happen and we expand into something in the countryside but near enough to city for workers and the above fun can start.

• Like 1

Another nice day for a drive in da sky, a few about but a lot quieter of late? I like this lock down caper, no waiting for nufin'??

Me is mift that yas havin fun! :happy dance:

Me is bout bored :sleep:

yas can only have so much fun with the misses ?

I'z can't wait till this Covit goes down ….then I'z be doing some sh!t ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Me is mift that yas havin fun!

Me is bout bored

yas can only have so much fun with the misses

I'z can't wait till this Covit goes down ….then I'z be doing some sh!t

Haha, I sold the misses many years ago, then the fun really started?

• Haha 2

Haha, I sold the misses many years ago, then the fun really started?

Your not Robinson Caruso!

Been there done that

Now happily married ( Take two )