Serpentine Air Race Tomorrow

walrus

ISOL SHRA and TCU after 3 pm in B1 sort of locks the front door at home for me. I don't want to have to divert or take my chances waiting for weather to clear before last light - and we have guests for dinner

There is a lot of that sort of mistake around these days. The spelling checker lets it through because "apart" is a proper word.

The next generation of spelling checker might check the grammar too and decide the word was wrong...  I hope.

• Agree 1

Open a new tab, type the word in the search bar as you think it is spelt. Hit Enter.

It will show the correct spelling as well as the meaning, so you can check you are using the correct word.

spellcheck.thumb.JPG.790e838cb3b645e82840a56cbd2fca7b.JPG

Back on topic….. went to Serpentine. There was a major glitch with digital coverage so the vendors couldn’t accept cards. So merchandise sales affected. Queues for coffee took an hour and twenty minutes, we gave up waiting for food and left at lunch time. Saw the Tiger Moth race go out and return, but the program was very slow and really only two aerobatic aircraft with models in between. One historic aircraft flew a routine. Things may have improved after the lunch break. There was a big crowd, so they probably did well financially. 

• Like 1

Having spent months in 2020 and 2021 supervising a Covid Online school student, I can give you the good news that most of the difficult spelling and meanings are taught in Grade 2 and 4 to a much higher standard than was done from around the 1970s.

Anyone who thinks they are at a lifetime disadvantage because they say "I brought a new Jabiru today" or "I seam to get mixed up" or "the engine siezed" can break out and start writing with confidence with most common mistakes by buying a set of Grade 3 and 4 English spelling and grammar books.   The lessons like the ie and ei words, silent p etc usually took about 30 minutes to complete.

Flew in to Serpentine from Penfield, arriving about 9am. Thoroughly enjoyed the whole show - so good to have such an event after 2 years of COVID cancellations. Long lines might have been a pain, but a good sign of the attendance and interest.

Flew home at about 3.45 and was surprised that it was not that bumpy, even with temps at 30deg. 

Come on, people, be thankful that a group of locals spent many, many hours organizing the event for our enjoyment. They would have had no idea how many people might turn up, and that would be dependent on the weather on the day anyway. Air Race committee member Russell Mountjoy spent many hours mulching canola stubble, preparing the soil and planting oat seed to make the field stand out green in the middle of surrounding brown. He also put up a temporary stock exclusion fence to deter sheep looking for lunch. All this was after the original centenary event in 2020 had to be cancelled due to COVID a few days before it was due to be held. Imagine the disappointment and loss of funds that caused!

Thanks to all the organizers - it's a shame that it isn't an annual event.

A few pics are below.

IMG_5905.jpg

IMG_5909.jpg

IMG_5938_Moment.jpg

IMG_5944_Moment(3).jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5946_Moment (2).jpg

IMG_5952_Moment (2).jpg

IMG_5955_Moment.jpg

• Like 5
  • Agree 1