the great electric car con

On 21/06/2023 at 3:18 AM, Litespeed said:

Endless growth is a negative sum game, you can only lose.

That is the real picture, we have outgrown our ability to live within our environment, unfortunately that is a the whole planet.

We are the ultimate predator able to adapt to any environment from land to the depths of sea and onto space.

The ability to transfer cultural knowledge and technology has far exceeded our ability to acknowledge our destructive nature.

The great extinction 65 million years ago from a cataclysmic asteroid strike is been repeated but by a bipedal mammal,Homo Destructus.   

Today the seas of the Mediterranean and English, Northern seas are up to 5 Celcius above normal. That is a scenario expected in 30 years by climatologists, it is a urgent issue. Oceans ecosystems are threatened with complete collapse.

The idea of the great iced Himalayan ranges melting and flooding India, Pakistan and Bangladesh is now a reality. Pakistan has been devastated by flooding from melt.

My fellow humans it is clearly apparent that Homo Destructus is a genetically engineered experiment on a biological Doomsday machine.

We are acting like a cancer on the planet and it acts accordingly.

Meanwhile China has jumped ahead in the mass transition to electrification of transport. This year it will be the world's largest car exporter, and races ahead in all aspects of batteries etc. Great it should be acknowledged they grabbed the 4 th industrial revolution by the horns, the same with solar.

Where would we be if China not had pushed forward on solar, Australia made it possible and would not back it?

I need a another beer

worlds biggest polluter to.

4 hours ago, BrendAn said:

worlds biggest polluter to.

Gee you're really into the 'China myth throw away comments' aren't you.

Pollution is caused by consumption.

Manufacturing, regardless of where, is a by product of that consumption, and not the root cause.

America is by far the largest consumers in the world, i.e. the people most responsible for pollution, consumption at a rate far greater than China.

Australia is also well up on the list of consumption per capita too.

image.png.a6334c9502dcdd94efdef34771bf6aa5.png

What's next Mate? China buying everything up? Australian Government doesn't think so ..

image.thumb.jpeg.0f1b3ca2a6345fc62ae9d497e2899737.jpeg

Xinjiang Ughyrs maybe? Be there again in a few weeks, 4th time, awesome place, and I don't mean the tourist capital, we go rural, last time was contracts for some Han Chinese to lease a few thousand acres from some Ughyrs to grow sunflowers, we even made it to the China/Russia/Kazakhstan/Mongolia border intersection for a look.  Hope to get to the China/Russia/Nth Korea border intersection this or next year, and

into Nth Korea as well, can't wait to be shot, I hear it's fun, but hard on your shirts.

image.jpeg.b1a1cf1ae6909e4466baab472ecbdfa0.jpeg

By the way, speaking of EVs, I have owned 5 EVs in the last 8 years, have 3 at the moment, 2016 Tesla S, 2018 Geeley Emgrand EV, and our recent addition, 2022 Skywell ET5, and over 400,000 kms in them and had some shares in a (Chinese) EV dealership here, but hey, you guys watch one video and go right ahead and position yourselves as experts on the matter of China EV market ....

Oh and I pay 0.04 to 0.05 cents per KWh, my factory I pay 0.03 to 0.04 cents, Australia is what, 0.35 and 0.45 (oh great way to encourage manufacturing, way to go AusGov).  

You're reminding me why I don't bother much with forums anymore, i.e. the ignorant xenophobes.  

• Informative 1

On 17/06/2023 at 11:21 PM, onetrack said:

Agreed, the Chinese have built whole new cities on ideological grounds, and no-one lives in them.

Not true, but I give up, believe what you want to, I mean there's 50 million videos and articles telling you that's the way it is, I only live here.

Edited    mod

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Anyone who thinks electric cars are the answer doesn’t understand physics or logistics or failing those, is a potential genocidal dictator.

A short drive through any third world city will demonstrate. 

Consideration of the marginal productivity of one litre of oil to a peasant farmer will indicate that the economic imperative is against you.

• Like 1

Trading insults is not what this forum is about. I agree with most of what Bex has said. Morrison took this country down a dangerous road that we are now trying to repair. Youtube sensationalist videos should be taken with a grain of salt till details are verified. The problem is often they never are, so the protagonists get away with it because it suits the narrative of those who support it.

China is the worlds factory and produce some of the best products available today, EVs being one of such. There are over 300 EV manufacturers in China making more that 700 different models. China is now the world leader in battery technology. Their platforms are now being used by European EV manufacturers. Battery development to market is occurring at an astonishing rate in China & CATL, the worlds largest battery manufacturer & BYD will be putting sodium batteries in cars this year so if you were thinking of investing in Lithium mines in Australia you may be in for a surprise.

• Like 1
  • Informative 2

Lithium batteries aren't going away anytime soon, despite the touted advantages of sodium batteries. The sodium batteries are not a quantum leap in battery development, they still have a lower energy density than Lithium batteries - although they apparently have a lower manufacturing cost, which appeals to beancounters worldwide.