the great electric car con

The numbers have to be kept in relation to the size of the Chinese population and the size of its economy, of course. We might see that number of unused EV's as huge, and a major problem - but within the scale of all things Chinese, the numbers really are relatively small.

I will agree with his opinion that the Chinese economy is opaque, run poorly because of ideological ideas rather than practical or sensible ideas - but they have still managed to become a powerful nation with amazing productivity within the space of less than 40 years, and I reckon they will easily address the surplus EV problem in their own time and way.

The Chinese have sold up 10,000 Teslas, in a day! - and they manage to produce and sell 2000-3000 Chinese-built Teslas a day, on average.

https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/tesla-china-delivered-over-10000-cars-in-a-single-day-last-week/#:~:text=last week%3A Report-,Tesla China delivered over 10%2C000 cars,single day last week%3A Report&text=Tesla may have upset people,still completing thousands of deliveries.

Edited by onetrack
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

Back during the Korean conflict, the Chinese made use of the Human Wave attack strategy. I suppose that if China had the available shipping capacity, it could swamp every other country with cheap vehicles. Perhaps it is out Design Rules that block them, since we require the driver to be on the right hand side of the vehicle.

• Informative 1

I know of someone, who imported a container load of American cars , then engineered them to ' left-hand drive ' to make a Big profit .

It should be easier with those electric cars cars , no clutch, or emissions to worry about .

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
A little more !

4 hours ago, onetrack said:

The numbers have to be kept in relation to the size of the Chinese population and the size of its economy, of course. We might see that number of unused EV's as huge, and a major problem - but within the scale of all things Chinese, the numbers really are relatively small.

I will agree with his opinion that the Chinese economy is opaque, run poorly because of ideological ideas rather than practical or sensible ideas - but they have still managed to become a powerful nation with amazing productivity within the space of less than 40 years, and I reckon they will easily address the surplus EV problem in their own time and way.

The Chinese have sold up 10,000 Teslas, in a day! - and they manage to produce and sell 2000-3000 Chinese-built Teslas a day, on average.

https://driveteslacanada.ca/news/tesla-china-delivered-over-10000-cars-in-a-single-day-last-week/#:~:text=last week%3A Report-,Tesla China delivered over 10%2C000 cars,single day last week%3A Report&text=Tesla may have upset people,still completing thousands of deliveries.

I don't think these are surplus. They are part of an investment scheme/scam.  

• Informative 1

41 minutes ago, danny_galaga said:

Meh lost interest in a minute when he started advertising wallets. Hypocrite talking about cash grabs...

If you watch YouTube you know to scroll through the sponsors ad. They all seem to be selling something. 

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1

8 minutes ago, Thruster88 said:

Trevor is still the wallet salesman king. Can't believe the vid is still up. Just keeping it aviation.  

I posted the video because I thought it might be of interest. Didn't expect to start a shit fight.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, BrendAn said:

I posted the video because I thought it might be of interest. Didn't expect to start a shit fight.

I can do a good deal on a wallet though 

• Haha 4

Trevor Jacobs had his licence cancelled by the FAA last year and has pleaded guilty to lying about the aircraft engine failing, staging the aircraft crash, illegally recovering the wreckage and disposing of it. He is facing up to 20 years in Jail.

• Informative 1

15 hours ago, BrendAn said:

If you watch YouTube you know to scroll through the sponsors ad. They all seem to be selling something. 

No, the dickhead presenting this 'story' was doing the advertising. People will say anything to sell wallets 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, danny_galaga said:

No, the dickhead presenting this 'story' was doing the advertising. People will say anything to sell wallets 😂

Yes. That's what I said. They get sponsors and advertise their products.    Can I put you down for 2 wallets.

• Haha 4

I must say I'm surprised the bloke wasn't selling the finest refined crude oil in specially selected bottles ... because those new-fangled, highly dangerous batteries, are so-o-o polluting!!  :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, onetrack said:

I must say I'm surprised the bloke wasn't selling the finest refined crude oil in specially selected bottles ... because those new-fangled, highly dangerous batteries, are so-o-o polluting!!  :classic_rolleyes:

Must be a few China lovers here. Do you think that man photo shopped all those cars and the mountains of pushbikes.  Sucked me in if he did.  

Edited by BrendAn

They're not photo-shopped, but the numbers are taken out of context. How many old buggered IC vehicles are laying around in the backblocks of America, do you think there are? Multiple millions - yet he's not making videos about his own polluted backyard, is he? I don't love China any more than the next Aussie, they are a real threat to us in more ways than one - but 10,000 Chinese EV's laying around in paddocks in China is simply good YooToob fodder, and clickbait that is going to make him millions - which is the main reason people make YT videos.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, onetrack said:

They're not photo-shopped, but the numbers are taken out of context. How many old buggered IC vehicles are laying around in the backblocks of America, do you think there are? Multiple millions - yet he's not making videos about his own polluted backyard, is he? I don't love China any more than the next Aussie, they are a real threat to us in more ways than one - but 10,000 Chinese EV's laying around in paddocks in China is simply good YooToob fodder, and clickbait that is going to make him millions - which is the main reason people make YT videos.

Fair enough  o t but what I am getting at is the fact that thousands of cars and pushbikes are piling up in paddocks a result of investment scams not because they are surplus .when my father lived there he said there were empty high rise apartment blocks every where with no occupants. That was another scheme. All that pollution and waste for nothing. Imagine the greens if it was happening in Aus.

• Agree 1

Agreed, the Chinese have built whole new cities on ideological grounds, and no-one lives in them. But we can't do any finger pointing, we have plenty of ideological waste here - and the "Aboriginal support industry" is just an example - while Australian corporate waste, can be mind-boggling. But the Greens only see what suits their agenda.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BrendAn said:

Must be a few China lovers here. Do you think that man photo shopped all those cars and the mountains of pushbikes.  Sucked me in if he did.  

If you don't like Chinese products, can be you send me your phone and laptop. I'm not proud 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, danny_galaga said:

If you don't like Chinese products, can be you send me your phone and laptop. I'm not proud 😀

You won't even buy a wallet so your not getting my phone

• Haha 3