the great electric car con

Endless growth is a negative sum game, you can only lose.

That is the real picture, we have outgrown our ability to live within our environment, unfortunately that is a the whole planet.

We are the ultimate predator able to adapt to any environment from land to the depths of sea and onto space.

The ability to transfer cultural knowledge and technology has far exceeded our ability to acknowledge our destructive nature.

The great extinction 65 million years ago from a cataclysmic asteroid strike is been repeated but by a bipedal mammal,Homo Destructus.   

Today the seas of the Mediterranean and English, Northern seas are up to 5 Celcius above normal. That is a scenario expected in 30 years by climatologists, it is a urgent issue. Oceans ecosystems are threatened with complete collapse.

The idea of the great iced Himalayan ranges melting and flooding India, Pakistan and Bangladesh is now a reality. Pakistan has been devastated by flooding from melt.

My fellow humans it is clearly apparent that Homo Destructus is a genetically engineered experiment on a biological Doomsday machine.

We are acting like a cancer on the planet and it acts accordingly.

Meanwhile China has jumped ahead in the mass transition to electrification of transport. This year it will be the world's largest car exporter, and races ahead in all aspects of batteries etc. Great it should be acknowledged they grabbed the 4 th industrial revolution by the horns, the same with solar.

Where would we be if China not had pushed forward on solar, Australia made it possible and would not back it?

I need a another beer

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

Maybe... and maybe humanity has simply been hijacked by a very well planned and orchestrated narrative... and perhaps after listening to these two following podcasts the perpetrators of this narrative will finally be run out of town by a few good men.

It may be difficult and inconceivable for some, enlightening for others...

Part One

https://on.soundcloud.com/QouhrWGrKqvZLNGF9

Part Two

https://on.soundcloud.com/aLrdYQuA1knqzniD7

34 minutes ago, Area-51 said:

Maybe... and maybe humanity has simply been hijacked by a very well planned and orchestrated narrative... and perhaps after listening to these two following podcasts the perpetrators of this narrative will finally be run out of town by a few good men.

It may be difficult and inconceivable for some, enlightening for others...

Part One

https://on.soundcloud.com/QouhrWGrKqvZLNGF9

Part Two

https://on.soundcloud.com/aLrdYQuA1knqzniD7

are you an antivaxer

Hi area51, I have actually seen area 51 from the air!

I was flying out of the Hilton ranch, past Hawthorn along a dirt road at about 15,000 ft.

It was in Nevada of course. There was a mom and pop service station and nothing else on the road. In the distance you could see some white buildings in among some rocky hills.

cheers, Bruce

Ps i tried to look up the stuff but ran into a paywall I think. I'm surprised that the main guy is Canadian though.

Edited by Bruce Tuncks

1 hour ago, Bruce Tuncks said:

Hi area51, I have actually seen area 51 from the air!

I was flying out of the Hilton ranch, past Hawthorn along a dirt road at about 15,000 ft.

It was in Nevada of course. There was a mom and pop service station and nothing else on the road. In the distance you could see some white buildings in among some rocky hills.

cheers, Bruce

Ps i tried to look up the stuff but ran into a paywall I think. I'm surprised that the main guy is Canadian though.

Shouldn't be a paywall with any Soundcloud content... Yes quite surprising that Matthew Ehret and his partner Cynthia Chung are both still alive, given that all their research and sources of information can be backed up and verified by pre existing documented and published facts. Their books make for a very interesting read. Still, the cat is out of the bag now for anybody interested or left feeling something is not quite right at the circus... And for others it may just be too outrageous to consider as a possibility that any other narrative may exist.

22 minutes ago, Area-51 said:

Shouldn't be a paywall with any Soundcloud content... Yes quite surprising that Matthew Ehret and his partner Cynthia Chung are both still alive, given that all their research and sources of information can be backed up and verified by pre existing documented and published facts. Their books make for a very interesting read. Still, the cat is out of the bag now for anybody interested or left feeling something is not quite right at the circus... And for others it may just be too outrageous to consider as a possibility that any other narrative may exist.

you did not answer. do you believe in covid vaccination

3 hours ago, BrendAn said:

are you an antivaxer

It could actually be viewed as poor form to ask these types of questions in some jurisdictions and can be viewed by some as discriminatory. 

Vaccines are a fantastic development against a great multitude of very real threats. There are many proven and well documented processes and methods of treating multitudes of human afflictions. Just as successful some are others are also, after time,  shown on occasion to be failures.

Many projectional mathematical models fail to account for unforeseeable random elements that emerge at later stages, such as a subject's ability to adapt and alter trajectory, due to criteria such as resource attrition or supplementation; this is a fixed rule within all empirical scientific enquiry. As a result these mathematical models are sometimes grossly inaccurate, and  like anything, if left uncorrected the impact can lead to a detrimental affect and an inaccurate conclusion.

3 minutes ago, Area-51 said:

It could actually be viewed as poor form to ask these types of questions in some jurisdictions and can be viewed by some as discriminatory. 

Vaccines are a fantastic development against a great multitude of very real threats. There are many proven and well documented processes and methods of treating multitudes of human afflictions. Just as successful some are others are also, after time,  shown on occasion to be failures.

Many projectional mathematical models fail to account for unforeseeable random elements that emerge at later stages, such as a subject's ability to adapt and alter trajectory, due to criteria such as resource attrition or supplementation; this is a fixed rule within all empirical scientific enquiry. As a result these mathematical models are sometimes grossly inaccurate, and  like anything, if left uncorrected the impact can lead to a detrimental affect and an inaccurate conclusion.

true, but jumping on someones thread and calling it a crock of shit could be viewed the same. its good to see your not an antivaxer anyway. i don't have much interest in what they say.

39 minutes ago, BrendAn said:

true, but jumping on someones thread and calling it a crock of shit could be viewed the same. its good to see your not an antivaxer anyway. i don't have much interest in what they say.

There is some truth in that. However upholding a finite attitude toward anything can also close oneself off to the possibility alternative and very valid points of view, perspectives, and open discussion and the acquisition of and greater appreciation for worldly matters. Personally I leave the door open to be proven wrong and welcome it. The crock of shit comment was not made without merit, and the context of that merit has been provided for anyone able to consider it. And until proven otherwise that merit appears to compellingly hold water.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Area-51 said:

There is some truth in that. However upholding a finite attitude toward anything can also close oneself off to the possibility alternative and very valid points of view, perspectives, and open discussion and the acquisition of and greater appreciation for worldly matters. Personally I leave the door open to be proven wrong and welcome it. The crock of shit comment was not made without merit, and the context of that merit has been provided for anyone able to consider it. And until proven otherwise that merit appears to compellingly hold water.

thats ok. i think its great that you have an open mind. but what part of those videos did you not agree with.

There are many theories put forward by all sorts of people some with  qualifications that on the face of gives their opinion a measure of authenticity. 

Over 95% of the worlds scientific community agree that climate change and impending catastrophe if not adressed will change the planet so that life as we currently enjoy it will be something of the past. I have not found any that say everything is fine and we have nothing to be concerned about other than those few who have some odd concepts that do not tie in with any verifyable data. After thorough investigation and analysis their theories are always completely debunked.

Human need for the resources of the planet to satisfy the ever increasing consumer lifestyle we live is unsustainable. We have used most of the fossil fuel that took more than 3 billion years to create in less than 400 years and pumped all the waste into the atmosphere the land and the oceans. Many continue in their denial and that is their right but it does not give any credence to their opinions especially when they have no verifiable evidence to back those opinions up.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BrendAn said:

thats ok. i think its great that you have an open mind. but what part of those videos did you not agree with.

That's a really mature attitude and question; thanks, very refreshing...

The portrayal of waste is obviously the focus, however nothing in that video explains factually how any of these cars or bicycles came to actually be there. There is no real factual back story provided to back these suppositions up, so the viewer is only able to either query the situation for further facts, or walk away with some poorly formed assumption based upon the narrative that "China is Bad", or "That Entity is Bad".

Are all those cars in storage for later use? We do not know. Are all those bicycles waiting to be recycled or repositioned outside train stations to be used? We do not know.

And I think, based upon the deep forensic research that Matthew Ehret has curated the argument presented in the video falls apart. Within this context, the story being told in the video can be viewed as extremely innocent and myopic.

One of the greatest gifts that I and many have received in life is learning about the godfather of "suggestive advertising & propaganda", Edward Bernays, and how his influence has been used to pervert, perpetrate and subvert modern day humanity. If anybody wants to enter the rabbit hole, unless one starts with Berneys first nothing at all will make any sense or have any meaningful context, and if one does the realisation arrived at for many again may be enlightening or shocking.

This is why the video to me is a crook of shit, and that premise has been arrived at based upon Ehret's research forensically revealing how various institutions like WWF were created and how others like UN were subverted. Again Ehret puts forward a very compelling argument based upon many aspects of history and players all the way back as far as the 15C.

"How many times can you be lied to when you do not know the truth"

I hope this answers the question sufficiently. It was a really great question.

• Like 2

Advertising makes you buy stuff you don't need which won't last long and is not able to be repaired and beyond what you can really afford and makes you gamble when you KNOW you can't win etc.  Nev

• Like 1

When you start to investigate Ehret and Chung, you simply find a pair of nutter conspiracy theorists, who believe 9/11 was planned by Govts. They lost me right there, there's plenty of these fringe conspiracy nutters who can offer no reasoning why the CIA, Nazis, Nato and drug empires all work in concert, and how it's possible to "subvert the U.N." for 77 years.

These people are probably "Doomsday preppers", as well as anti-vaxxers, and probably also believe aliens rule the world from their underground caverns in Antarctica. Geez, there's some fruitcakes out there.

• Like 3

I watched a doco about those same ' world trade centre' having structural problems because of Rust in the steel columns due to welders removing the lagging , then not painting or anything to prevent corrosion .

And no way to demolish the building. 

spacesailor

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

I watched a doco about those same ' world trade centre' having structural problems because of Rust in the steel columns due to welders removing the lagging , then not painting or anything to prevent corrosion .

And no way to demolish the building. 

spacesailor

There's no conspiracy there; the design engineer himself went public and said he'd never calculated on impacts and heat like that, explained his construction and explained how once it started to collapse, the weight exceeded the capacity of the lower levels. He said he would have to live with that blunder for the rest of his life.

• Like 2

In the spirit of inquiry I endured half of Onetrack’s video, then gave up before my head exploded. 
With mistrust by US citizens of their government and national institutions at an incredible low, there must be something in the water. Or their food. Or air.

There is; so many municipal water supplies are polluted, food standards are crappy and many grew up when lead polluted the air.  They also have a long history of governments misleading the people; this has been a central theme of their TV and movies for so long, no wonder ill-educated Americans fall for conmen.

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

AND THEN ! .

There's that useless poison they will keep addind to our drinking water , ' fluoride ' .

Most of Europe have banned it , " as it Does Not improve water quality and safety " .

Proven to damage brain cells , or so the opposition tells us .

It's a byproduct of aluminium production .

spacesailor

20 hours ago, onetrack said:

When you start to investigate Ehret and Chung, you simply find a pair of nutter conspiracy theorists, who believe 9/11 was planned by Govts. They lost me right there, there's plenty of these fringe conspiracy nutters who can offer no reasoning why the CIA, Nazis, Nato and drug empires all work in concert, and how it's possible to "subvert the U.N." for 77 years.

These people are probably "Doomsday preppers", as well as anti-vaxxers, and probably also believe aliens rule the world from their underground caverns in Antarctica. Geez, there's some fruitcakes out there.

If this youtube video was used to arrive at the above conclusion all that can be said is "that is not correct, and possibly grossly insufficient" . This was excruciatingly painful to watch (got about 30sec in before looking for the nearest exit), and not sure why it's been posted because neither individual being spoken about is dead yet and are still both very able to speak for themselves. This presenter is about as engaging as a, umm, sorry no word is currently presenting itself for me, sorry; just not engaging. Better to just read the books (which are full of footnotes and published data sources, so very difficult to pigeon hole into the Conspiracy Fiction section of the bookshop) or listen to first person interviews for oneself before incorrectly dismissing either writer off as a nutcase doomsday prepper (Ehret himself openly admits to not being a prepper and would fail that test hopelessly).  Non of their interviews will be found on youtube so don't waste time searching. Anyone interested will find plenty free content backed up by complete reasoning on "Soundcloud". Actually, to bring the post back into focus, Cynthia Chung's latest interview talks a great deal about Electric Cars. So please go have a listen if one chooses and help keep the post focused on electric cars and the impact their existence is making upon the environment. I think that's what the ball being kicked about here is? EV Waste & Impact?

2 hours ago, facthunter said:

They also add Chlorine to meet WHO standards. kills E coli Tank water from roofs is not safe.  Nev

-which is what I’ve been drinking for seven decades.

No wonder I’m like this.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha 1

On 15/06/2023 at 11:22 PM, BrendAn said:

not aircraft but interesting.

This guy makes his money off xenophobic hate of China, and this is utter lies, as is his usual bollshot videos. I complain every video to Youtube, but they do nothing if they are getting the views.

Neta, the so called "cars rotting in fields", are highly successful sellers, and not only increasing in sales, but gaining ground in exports as well. 

Seriously, is the electricity, gas, water, housing, rent, food etc so affordable in Australia you need to concentrate on other countries ....

"Neta is targeting sales of 300,000 units in 2023, local media China Securities Journal reported on February 7. The EV maker has sales of 152,073 units in 2022, up 118 percent year-on-year, including 3,456 units delivered overseas, according to data it previously announced".

https://cnevpost.com/2023/05/01/neta-delivers-11080-in-apr/

https://cnevpost.com/2023/03/22/neta-sending-3600-evs-to-thailand/

Edited by bexrbetter
  • Like 1
  • Informative 1

8 hours ago, Old Koreelah said:

-which is what I’ve been drinking for seven decades.

No wonder I’m like this.

I was too growing up, but the law of averages kicks in. A lot of people in Broken Hill died, and it only takes one bird infected with avian influenza to kill the older weaker member of a family. You still don't have any option out in the country, but city people are living a lot longer on average.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, turboplanner said:

A lot of people in Broken Hill died, and it only takes one bird infected with avian influenza to kill the older weaker member of a family…

Our borders are regularly breached by migrating birds, which could bring in all sorts of baddies.

My drinking water tank has a diverter, so it only gets rain after the roof’s been rinsed. Despite these precautions, plenty of crap gets in.  A few years ago I drained that tank, climbed in and cleaned it thoroughly. Couldn’t believe the amount of sludge on the bottom; presumably mostly dust and ash from our chimney. After that cleanup, the water never tasted as good. 

Interesting to find that those of us raised on rainwater had lots of dental cavities and I know blokes who grew up drinking ground water didn’t.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Some level of fluoride exists in streams It DOES reduce dental caries but too much is a poison. (Like many other things) Mottled teeth is a symptom of excess Fluoride.  I've never seen it,. Nev

• Like 2