Weaponised Foxbat

You are Not even close. You did miss so much. Never stop learning. It's MY avatar and I'm still doing it.  LEARNING

I don't DO the "It's for ME to know and you to  find out" Bit.  Never have and I LISTEN to people but as I warned a fair while ago ,the results of MY psychological profile on A Cockpit resources  4 day live in, course stated "I don't suffer FOOLS gladly" and I think that was spot on..  I'm not saying this is applicable to you but I'm pretty sure you would take it as so based on your previous unwillingness after asking numerous questions  to accept any of my  fullsome  replies but instead enter into Such  unwarranted responses as the Above is typical of. I can't and don't wish to Hide what I've been lucky enough to have been exposed and benefitted from  to I'm not alone in having what amounts to a ridiculous amount of costly training I've been exposed to and  feel somewhat obliged to pass on what I can. Others have had similar and in a lot of Cases MORE It's in the millions of dollars over a career when you are flying a 300 ton plane which is only there to train one or two people at a time the bill adds up fast. Simulators with the Tech and other crew required to Operate them cost above 6000$.Hour.  Nev

Speaking of sweaty nightmares, years ago when I gave up flying for a while, I used to have a repeated dream where I was flying from France to England over the channel then would suddenly remember halfway that I didn't have a current licence. I cured it by going back and getting current! Still have never flown in France or England.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Informative 1

On this forum is the first time I've admitted publicly that I Get  PTSD.. We whinge about CASA restrictions but the DCA permitted some pretty Hairy operations in Places like PNG. PK Performance charts  Just allowed AUW increase of near 10% . . None of the early planes Had de icing worthy of the NAME.  Operate to Cocos "KEELING" Island from Ph with 2 hours "Island Holding  rate"  fuel reserve. which would take you NOWHERE  that you could land.

• Informative 4

And now it seems the Skyranger has joined Foxbat on the suicide frontline.

image.thumb.png.81cb67f5517b426606027cf5eaf6b22e.png

• Informative 1

On 07/04/2024 at 11:25 AM, facthunter said:

You are Not even close. You did miss so much. Never stop learning. It's MY avatar and I'm still doing it.  LEARNING

I don't DO the "It's for ME to know and you to  find out" Bit.  Never have and I LISTEN to people but as I warned a fair while ago ,the results of MY psychological profile on A Cockpit resources  4 day live in, course stated "I don't suffer FOOLS gladly" and I think that was spot on..  I'm not saying this is applicable to you but I'm pretty sure you would take it as so based on your previous unwillingness after asking numerous questions  to accept any of my  fullsome  replies but instead enter into Such  unwarranted responses as the Above is typical of. I can't and don't wish to Hide what I've been lucky enough to have been exposed and benefitted from  to I'm not alone in having what amounts to a ridiculous amount of costly training I've been exposed to and  feel somewhat obliged to pass on what I can. Others have had similar and in a lot of Cases MORE It's in the millions of dollars over a career when you are flying a 300 ton plane which is only there to train one or two people at a time the bill adds up fast. Simulators with the Tech and other crew required to Operate them cost above 6000$.Hour.  Nev

i have already said you should write a book or at least document some of your knowledge. it would be interesting reading.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Garfly said:

And now it seems the Skyranger has joined Foxbat on the suicide frontline.

image.thumb.png.81cb67f5517b426606027cf5eaf6b22e.png

image.jpeg.d5b33b87c1e62dbed81208e202a80da5.jpegukraine have foxbats, we have combat wombat

• Haha 2

My previous post suggesting 350kg of explosive with standard fuel tanks seems to be right. With that extended range the payload would be 300 kg. A friend tells me the standard autopilot will get the drone to within a few metres of target if GPS is available. 

• Informative 2

And now there is already chatter on US based sites by conspiracy theorists of the heightened risks that light planes pose on US soil if they are loaded up with bad stuff.

Here we go again.  ASIC part 2.

• Sad 1

None of this is new - Sonex developed a "drone" version of its popular homebuilt about 2 years ago. Externally identical, except that the cockpit are featured no transparent "skin".

Attention:  Politicians wishing to jump on this non existent bandwagon - A bad person(s) would first have to steal/build the potential drone. Convert it in a hidden workshop, alongside an airfield (could be private) Test fly, without anyone noticing this over large drone. Rough estimate 6 - 24 months of development before loading with explosives. My guess if the baddies want to go down this route, they would just go and purchase a commercially available drone, fly it from a nearby car park or similar open space, adjacent to  the target and do the deed.

• Like 1

Not really. 

Just buy half Finnished homebuilt aircraft .

I know a finished Hummel , that will make a smashing drone .

There were 16 builders, at the height of the Hummel-Bird 

Craze . Were are those unfinished drones .

spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
  • Like 2

I think we have less and less people who are interested in detail. We used to have people here who  designed and built Planes and would talk to us. Now "where the fugarethey"  Hands up those who built model planes. Where have we come from and are going to? Trouble is we are in the air and share it and it that's not well done everything else is of no consequence. You will most likely have a big scare and decide to do something else.  Probably weather elated because there's a lot of that to spread around.. Then it gets BACK to why am I spending all this dough when it's NOT really THAT much fun.. IF none of this is relevant to your circumstances FINE and Bully for You. (remember that one.? If you do you're probably. too old to be flying. . Climbing mountains  skiing robbing banks  selling your body etc And there you have it.

Nev

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

................... a finished Hummel , that will make a smashing drone .

spacesailor

no pun intended I assume spacesailor

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, facthunter said:

I think we have less and less people who are interested in detail. We used to have people here who  designed and built Planes and would talk to us. Now "where the fugarethey"  Hands up those who built model planes. Where have we come from and are going to? Trouble is we are in the air and share it and it that's not well done everything else is of no consequence. You will most likely have a big scare and decide to do something else.  Probably weather elated because there's a lot of that to spread around.. Then it gets BACK to why am I spending all this dough when it's NOT really THAT much fun.. IF none of this is relevant to your circumstances FINE and Bully for You. (remember that one.? If you do you're probably. too old to be flying. . Climbing mountains  skiing robbing banks  selling your body etc And there you have it.

Nev

good points. i have built and flown rc models but wouldn't trust myself to build a fullsize .   i have tried selling my body at a heavily discounted rate but no takers😁.   

• Haha 4

I didn't go the RC way. The costs were approaching that of a real tigermoth from Fawcet at Camden if I recall correctly.   They had them with a NEW engine  or with  hours to run  at about 1/2 the figure Nev

• Like 1

I was an R/C builder - and did a few original designs, all of which flew, some briefly but the later ones well.

In fact I had a shed cleanout a year or so ago and took a couple of my planes to the tip.  The wings were damaged so I broke them up, but just threw the fuselages out as is (minus engines and radio gear).

I was in the tip shop the other day, had a wander round outside, and blow me down - there's one of my fuselages sitting out in the weather with $30 price tag on it!  They're dreaming, it's covered balsa with a nosewheel and no wing.

I just gave a box of R/C engines (0.25ci to 0.90ci) to the neighbour who's letting me park the 701 in his shed.  His boys are into aircraft, rocketry and all the good stuff.  Mine aren't unfortunately - I must have made planes uncool.

• Like 2
  • Informative 1

11 hours ago, skippydiesel said:

None of this is new - Sonex developed a "drone" version of its popular homebuilt about 2 years ago. Externally identical, except that the cockpit are featured no transparent "skin".

Attention:  Politicians wishing to jump on this non existent bandwagon - A bad person(s) would first have to steal/build the potential drone. Convert it in a hidden workshop, alongside an airfield (could be private) Test fly, without anyone noticing this over large drone. Rough estimate 6 - 24 months of development before loading with explosives. My guess if the baddies want to go down this route, they would just go and purchase a commercially available drone, fly it from a nearby car park or similar open space, adjacent to  the target and do the deed.

This is all wrong. There would have to be a large percentage of do bad terrorists out there that want to enjoy the added experience of building their own drone the way they think a drone should be built; opening the box for the first time; laying out all the bits across the lounge room floor; running off to bunnings or aldi aerospace to purchase missing pieces; arguing with the wife that it always looks the same pile of metal each time she looks at it week after week year after year; packing up and moving the entire build to new premises because landlord sold the property; cease and desist letters from council about industrial noise at 2am; cutting out side of the house to push finished drone out into front yard for engine testing; waiting eight and a half years for lockdowns to finish before flying drone mission into building only to realise target has retired from office to tropical tax haven island two days before end of lockdown... Gotta be high percentage out there of ones that enjoy the journey!! 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Haha 3

most of my model aeroplanes crashed .

repeatedly. 

Except one . A fairly big 707 delta-wing , that my big brother had put a large banger inside . Jetex powered it went great , then bang , no plane & no Jetex motor.

not happy

spacesailor

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, spacesailor said:

most of my model aeroplanes crashed .

repeatedly. 

Except one . A fairly big 707 delta-wing , that my big brother had put a large banger inside . Jetex powered it went great , then bang , no plane & no Jetex motor.

not happy

spacesailor

Jetex were never meant to return home; carry over miniature buzz bomb engines from nazi german assault on england, or neighbouring suburb..

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Area-51 said:

This is all wrong. There would have to be a large percentage of do bad terrorists out there that want to enjoy the added experience of building their own drone the way they think a drone should be built; opening the box for the first time; laying out all the bits across the lounge room floor; running off to bunnings or aldi aerospace to purchase missing pieces; arguing with the wife that it always looks the same pile of metal each time she looks at it week after week year after year; packing up and moving the entire build to new premises because landlord sold the property; cease and desist letters from council about industrial noise at 2am; cutting out side of the house to push finished drone out into front yard for engine testing; waiting eight and a half years for lockdowns to finish before flying drone mission into building only to realise target has retired from office to tropical tax haven island two days before end of lockdown... Gotta be high percentage out there of ones that enjoy the journey!! 🤷🏼‍♂️

Hilarious, you need to tie this post into the never ending story😂

• Like 1