3 minutes ago, facthunter said:

I wouldn't give you a "Guarantee"  on the weather ANYWHERE.. If you ask the locals (You have some here) and watch BOM for a while you should be able to get a good indication of developing systems and plan accordingly. "Ordinary" but flyable with a good instructor is fine. He well earn his "Meagre" money and you will get an EXPERIENCE. I recall one time at Lethbridge,I was UP with a pretty good student and it was his OWN aircraft. He said "I don't seem to be getting the Hang of it so well TODAY. I said WELL LOOK...  WE are the ONLY ones flying. All the OTHERS are in the clubhouse.  so obviously the conditions are NOT ideal. so don't expect too much. Nev

believe me . when you live in gippsland the weather up at cowra is a lot more reliable than ours. we have runs of good weather but a lot of ordinary stuff in between. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 07/04/2024 at 8:40 PM, djpacro said:

You spoke to them, not me. I guess that he simply answered the question that you asked.

well i rang them again today. the jabiru at moorabbin with instructor is $490 per hour. i asked him twice to make sure. that is  a lot of money. the gazelle is off line.

Edited by BrendAn
  • Informative 1

I can beat that excessive price .

When ( so long ago ) we flew somewhere in

Badgerys Creek . I enquired as-to the flight training on their " autogyro " . Big shock at the reply .

$3,000 .

That was the same as ' helicopter ' training .

crazy.

spacesailor

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

I can beat that excessive price .

When ( so long ago ) we flew somewhere in

Badgerys Creek . I enquired as-to the flight training on their " autogyro " . Big shock at the reply .

$3,000 .

That was the same as ' helicopter ' training .

crazy.

spacesailor

3000 is for the whole course though.

Edited by BrendAn

I didn't say $ 300.

Oops you changed it .

But A ' helicopter ' course from Baurkhamhills was a little less than $ 3000 .

Spacesailor

Edited by spacesailor
A little more !
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, spacesailor said:

I didn't say $ 300.

Spacesailor

i fixed it . left a 0 off.

I wouldn't Dare in Sydney. 

Must be just , a little slack in Gippsland Victoria. 

Here you're busted for 0.05. seconds  $ 500 .

spacesailor

2 hours ago, spacesailor said:

spacesailor

they would never catch me. i can outrun them at 60 knots 🤣

Those Big metal domes in the middle of intersections were known as SILENT COPS  Repairing the ALLOY sumps of diesel trucks  after they got "dinged" made me good money .. Same as Lawnmower alloy bases . A real good money earner.    Nev

3 hours ago, spacesailor said:

spacesailor

who fines you 500 for flying without a license

How much will CASA . EXPECT ?

IT WOULDN'T BE CHEAP

by any one's expectations. 

No licene/certificate,

No registration/third party Insurance .

Throw the book at him, will be the cry ! .

spacesailor

21 minutes ago, spacesailor said:

How much will CASA . EXPECT ?

IT WOULDN'T BE CHEAP

by any one's expectations. 

No licene/certificate,

No registration/third party Insurance .

Throw the book at him, will be the cry ! .

spacesailor

there are probably nearly as many rec pilots flying unlicensed as there are licensed.  no one evers checks unless something goes wrong. lots of pilots out there that haven't done bfrs for years.

3 minutes ago, BrendAn said:

there are probably nearly as many rec pilots flying unlicensed as there are licensed.  no one evers checks unless something goes wrong. lots of pilots out there that haven't done bfrs for years.

One of them thumbed his nose like that just before the last CASA audit of RA aircraft which took out a lot of non compliant RA aircraft pretty much overnight. It was surprising how they knew just where to look for the illegal planes.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, turboplanner said:

One of them thumbed his nose like that just before the last CASA audit of RA aircraft which took out a lot of non compliant RA aircraft pretty much overnight. It was surprising how they knew just where to look for the illegal planes.

there are plenty in rural areas.   a friend of the family had 3 cessnas over the years. did a lap of aus. flew everywhere. never questioned or had a ramp check in his life. never had a rpl either, i don't think he even had lessons.

the issue would have been if he had an accident with passengers.

7 hours ago, BrendAn said:

well i rang them again today. the jabiru at moorabbin with instructor is $490 per hour. i asked him twice to make sure. that is  a lot of money. the gazelle is off line.

Same money elsewhere will get a Piper Arrow dual. Seems like he doesn’t like to do much work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, djpacro said:

Same money elsewhere will get a Piper Arrow dual. Seems like he doesn’t like to do much work.

Gees; for that money you can almost go fly a pitts s2 and have a lot more fun and get csu tail dragger and aero tickets all at once.

• Like 3
  • Informative 1

On 10/4/2024 at 7:02 PM, turboplanner said:

Word I get is that Qld is an unlicenced  pilots Mecca, and has been for years. Not enough resources to police it.  That costs money they won’t spend, besides IF someone crashes they probably don’t get to know, unless the pilot dies 🤢 What do they do?  Take his/her estate to Court?  RAA won’t investigate anything anyway.  It’s all under the radar unless someone gets caught red handed 

20 minutes ago, jackc said:

Word I get is that Qld is an unlicenced  pilots Mecca, and has been for years. Not enough resources to police it.  That costs money they won’t spend, besides IF someone crashes they probably don’t get to know, unless the pilot dies 🤢 What do they do?  Take his/her estate to Court?  RAA won’t investigate anything anyway.  It’s all under the radar unless someone gets caught red handed 

That's exactly what Brent was saying.

On 10/04/2024 at 7:02 PM, turboplanner said:

When did that happen. How many were caught. What were the fines. Do you have any documented proof.