Avmet plain language weather

BPN

Ian, I found your site to be a godsend during our trip outback last week. I can read most of the area briefing except for knowing what areas they are referring to.

There is one bug that you might not know about. Sometimes we get the wrong time coming up. Eg, in todays briefing:

Broken stratus 1000/3500 ft areas till pm am.

For anyone still having trouble copying on an ipad, I found the easiest way is to highlight the first line (press and hold on the first word of the first line until the magnifier comes up, then touch and drag the bottom right adjuster across to the end of the line), then with the line highlighted, drag the bottom right adjuster across to the far right of the page. This should highlight the whole text on the page. Then copy and paste into pemet. Its well worth the effort once you work out how to do it.

Cheers

Robyn

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ian, I found your site to be a godsend during our trip outback last week. I can read most of the area briefing except for knowing what areas they are referring to.There is one bug that you might not know about. Sometimes we get the wrong time coming up. Eg, in todays briefing:

Broken stratus 1000/3500 ft areas till pm am.

That will be me decoding TIL I would guess, although it's not unknown for ARFORs to get a bit sloppy syntax-wise. ICAO ideas on ARFORs seem to be pretty loose. NZ ones look rather different to Oz ones. I look into it though. If you run ito it again, it would be good if you could cut/paste the whole ARFOR subsection including the raw gibberish.

It would be a very cheap shot to suggest that BOM could easily fix this by doing the forecasts in English - like they do for the TV - and the marine areas - and everything except aviation .....003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

Pemet seems to work eceptionally well, even filtering out the added web page guff, but I found a little glitch.

In one report I got, it flagged a weather change at 24Z and pemet reported it as "pm am".

Pemet seems to work eceptionally well, even filtering out the added web page guff, but I found a little glitch.In one report I got, it flagged a weather change at 24Z and pemet reported it as "pm am".

Thanx. Now I know where to look .....

Pemet seems to work eceptionally well, even filtering out the added web page guff, but I found a little glitch.In one report I got, it flagged a weather change at 24Z and pemet reported it as "pm am".

Fixed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Well guys (and gals) - I just got my annual bill for $140 - the domain name and the DNS option.

It all seems to work OK - haven't had any bug reports for the last six months or so - now I'm a bit over it.

Anyone who feels like taking it over can have all the code plus the domain name etc for nix.

Don't all speak at once. I have offered it to Ian but haven't heard back.

Cheers IB

Well guys (and gals) - I just got my annual bill for $140 - the domain name and the DNS option.It all seems to work OK - haven't had any bug reports for the last six months or so - now I'm a bit over it.

Anyone who feels like taking it over can have all the code plus the domain name etc for nix.

Don't all speak at once. I have offered it to Ian but haven't heard back.

Cheers IB

Perhaps the OZrunnways guys could be interested?

It would be a big disappointment if it falls over. If its only the $140 that is the concern, perhaps we could kick in?

Phil

• Agree 1

It is now on our server and running:

http://192.69.222.90/~pemcomau/

(this address is for testing)

I will now go through the process of getting the domain changed over which may take a week or so. In the mean time keep using the same domain as you are now and you won't notice any difference when the domain does finally flick over

• Like 3

This is a great service and congratulations to all involved. Quick question, how do i use it with an ipad; ie the copy & paste bit?

It's all there a couple of pages back in this thread

The domain www.pemet.com.au has now been transferred over to our server...it may take a few days for your ISP to wake up to the change but you can tell which one you are on as pemet on our server has the Recreational Flying logo on the page to differentiate it.

In due course it will be integrated into this site so you won't have to leave here however the pemet domain will still operate outside of this site.

Thanks to Ian Boag for giving the files and site to Recreational Flying for all Australian aviators to use and note that we will be enhancing it soon, making it even better, for everyone to use

• Like 2
  • Winner 1

The domain www.pemet.com.au has now been transferred over to our server...it may take a few days for your ISP to wake up to the change but you can tell which one you are on as pemet on our server has the Recreational Flying logo on the page to differentiate it.In due course it will be integrated into this site so you won't have to leave here however the pemet domain will still operate outside of this site.

Thanks to Ian Boag for giving the files and site to Recreational Flying for all Australian aviators to use and note that we will be enhancing it soon, making it even better, for everyone to use

that will be great well done to all 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif