jabiru down brisbane

• Replies 414
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like Jabbie. There are some RA-Aus registered Jabbies operated by a flying school at YBAF. If it is 1 from the flying school this will be the second one with an engine out.

I also saw a private owned Jabbie parked at AF the other day.

Glad all are OK, good outcome, excellent flying getting in that spot:score 010:

I see our esteemed, well informed media are reporting it as a Cessna... again:angry:068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif068_angry.gif.e6e3bad802304927655e1c48b61088cd.gif

• Agree 1

Again its good see the "Jab" fuselage is intact. They certainly are strong in that area. Glad both occupants are ok.

We await the reason for the forced landing.

• Like 1

The pilot did a good job and walked away which is the best out come for every one every impressed i wish all reports where like that , I have see jab,s a lot worse then that repaired at the factory . On a brighter note It is the first jab i has seen score a goal

safe flying every body

cheers dan

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Curiously, the more pictures of Jabs after forced landings, the more I am impressed with their fuselage design. Not sure I would be wanting to fork out the costs of engines that aren't making time regularly, but from the perspective of survivability, it looks like there isn't much better.

• Agree 5

I think they would be more survivable if they didnt seem to have the engines die so often.

I am not saying this was an engine but with everyone saying how strong they are I. Would just as soon be in a plane that didnt prove that every few weeks or so.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative 1

That was some seriously good decision-making and flying, I reckon - I just measured that entire field on Google Earth and it's a bit over 450 metres at the longest axis with mature trees all around, lots of power lines, and just nowhere else to go.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1