Guess This Aircraft ?

• 2 weeks later...

Of course, it had to be you, kasper. Another flying caravan. In the video on the website, you can slide the backrest of the seats out, turn them around and put them in the front of the seat, so you can sit at the table (see below). Room to sleep in the back.

227131431_ecoflyerstatic-1-AV08(4).jpg.4dfe58ac9d871b70ff1503c04cfc7565.jpg156442012_ecoflyerstatic-1-AV08(6).jpg.e508ea36f8c06a8cdfd1f94b2194d136.jpg

• Like 1

Yes . a flying caravan ... which is sort of why I knew of it

But also a very poorly designed and built one ... that aircraft is the prototype and suffered an in flight wing separation and fatal for the designer when flying back from Sun n Fun back in 2009.

5 minutes ago, red750 said:

Derek is right, the Fouga CM88.R Gemeaux -  two CM8 R13 Cyclones joined to create a jet engine testbed.

Bit of a cheat really, not so much a guess as an ‘I know I’ve seen it before’ now I need to find it in my 60+ years worth of aircraft reference materials. Sometimes I can find it before anyone else, sometimes I can’t find it at all!

Edited by derekliston
Spelling error!

15 minutes ago, APenNameAndThatA said:

I have know idea how you all know these things. 

Seventy plus years of being an aeroplane nut helps! Memory goes back to seeing the Bristol Brabazon fly over Edinburgh. Add to that a bookshelf full of reference books and you have your answer!

• Like 4
  • Winner 1

And for those of us not into 70 years of being a nut ... 40 years + reference library + a job years while at Uni watching hundreds of hours of film and building an index to the archive - getting paid to watch old films and identify everything I watched was very nice. 

• Like 3
  • Informative 1
  • Winner 1

40 minutes ago, Flightrite said:

GOOGLE, you could be born yesterday & still have the same knowledge, it' ain't rocket science:-):-)

But flighty mate your humour has attracted the attention of the talent scouts for the NES now do you know the history and have read all 634 pages of The Never Ending Story aka: NES ? If not, you would do yourself a favour to spend a weekend just reading it from the start and then joining in in the most endearing story about nothing that i have ever known ,,,but it,s fun 😎

Edited by bull
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Flightrite said:

GOOGLE, you could be born yesterday & still have the same knowledge, it' ain't rocket science:-):-)

Well bully for you old chap, you must be a delight to know personally! The question was asked, my answer was given, nowhere did I or anyone else suggest that was the only answer!

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

11 hours ago, bull said:

But flighty mate your humour has attracted the attention of the talent scouts for the NES now do you know the history and have read all 634 pages of The Never Ending Story aka: NES ? If not, you would do yourself a favour to spend a weekend just reading it from the start and then joining in in the most endearing story about nothing that i have ever known ,,,but it,s fun 😎

And it all started with a blow up raft and an evinrude outboard......................

• Haha 2