Industry Rally tomorrow (May 6th) Tamworth.

Garfly

Anybody going tomorrow?

I gather this is the second industry rally in Tamworth in recent weeks.

I'm thinking of driving over from the coast.

An important message from AOPA Australia ...

INDUSTRY RALLY

TAMWORTH AIRPORT

1pm - Friday, 6th May 2016

Hangar 6 - Tamworth Regional Airport, NSW, Australia.

To the Australian Aviation Industry,

YOUR INDUSTRY NEEDS YOUR SUPPORT - 6th MAY 2016

I am calling on the support of all pilots, aircraft owners, aviation business owners and operators to attend our industry rally in Tamworth, on Friday 6th May 2016.

This is your opportunity to be seen and to be heard!

The industry’s leading associations, peak-bodies and aviation personalities, will be in attendance. All standing with the pilots, aircraft owners, aviation businesses and operators of our industry - united in the call for change.

We are calling on the government take immediate measures to end the regulatory nightmare that has destroyed our charter, flight training and maintenance industries. Made Australia uncompetitive on the global aviation stage. Eroded essential air services connecting regional Australia, disconnecting townships and isolating communities.

A regulatory nightmare that has forced an entire industry into collapse and thousands of hard working men and women into bankruptcy.

In attendance, representing the government will be;

The Deputy Prime Minister, the Hon Barnaby Joyce

The Department of Infrastructure and Transport, the Hon Darren Chester

The Chairman of the Board, Civil Aviation Safety Authority, Mr Jeff Boyd.

For too long, the Australian aviation industry has been disenfranchised the right to economic prosperity through failed policy and excess regulation and compliance costs. We are an industry failed by political rhetoric and empty promises by the Labor, Liberal and The Nationals alike.

Our industry has been pushed to the wall, lives destroyed, families broken, retirements ruined and homes lost.

A prosperous future for aviation in this country can only be assured through a regulatory framework that is balanced, fair and representative of the needs and aspirations of industry itself. Most importantly, it must be accountable to industry, the people it is there to serve.

I am calling on each and every aviation participant that cares for this industry to show their support and attend. We can no longer afford to sit back and watch the destruction of our industry. Stand with us as we call on government to take action.

Help send Canberra a clear message

Show your support. Fly in or drive in. Contact your aviation networks, email, sms, phone. Lets send the government a clear message, that enough is enough.

Thank you for your support, and I look forward to seeing you all at the event.

Aaron Stephenson - CEO

email: [email protected]

RALLY COMMENCES AT 1PM, 6TH MAY 2016

HANGAR 6, TAMWORTH AIRPORT

EVENT SCHEDULE

1pm - Arrival

1pm-2pm - FREE BBQ lunch and drinks - Sponsored by Aviation Advertiser

& AOPA

2pm - Government representatives arrive

2pm-2:30pm - Closed door meeting between Government

and Industry Associations

2:30pm-3pm - Short presentation to rally from industry representatives

2:30pm-4pm - Open Q&A between rally attendees and government

4pm-6pm - Tamworth AeroClub Post Event Drinks

• Like 1

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ozzie

What a shame Aviation is like this. All my adult life it seems there has been a cold war going on. Anyone would think CASA are working for the Commies and are intent to destroy industry and our economy. sigh.

What a shame Aviation is like this. All my adult life it seems there has been a cold war going on. Anyone would think CASA are working for the Commies and are intent to destroy industry and our economy. sigh.

Too true. Over my time I have had dealings with some very informed individuals who go out of their way to be helpful and then get frustrated by "others" that have been appointed to positions that they shouldn't be in, and the war starts again. Unfortunately with changing directors certain career type individuals just keep their positions.

Good thing to go and be heard on issues that concern you. Not sure what Barnaby knows about aviation but he's a possible vehicle to tell others in the halls of power, you are not happy Alice. Nev

I don't know about what happened there, but judging by the way I have spent all day getting smashed by aircraft in and out of Tamworth, I would have a guess and say it was very very popular.

• Like 3

I wasn't able to hang around for the 1 o'clock big event but I got there at 10:30 for the raaus forum which I enjoyed.

I was happy with all that was discussed with a lot of time being spent on the new constitution which was enough to placate any concerns of mine.

I was also very happy with the willingness of Jarod and Micheal to explain things 1 on 1 in between the two meetings.

As far as I can see the team we have at the moment seems very capable and more than willing to explain and work through things if we are civil about it.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

300 or more pilots and business owners from every state were there. We heard a very articulate intro from the convenor, predictable and empty rhetoric from politicians, then CASA's chairman bravely took the microphone...

The nonsensical implementation of ADSB years before any other country was the first topic. The flack started from Dick Smith and plenty of others joined in.

I had to catch the train, but it was just warming up as I left.

Love to know what else happened.

• Informative 1

I was there and gotta say I wasn't impressed with what some did & what the industry did not do well enough.

I'll elaborate later when I've calmed down a bit, also had a long flight of 4.7 hrs back home.

• Caution 1

I was there and was a little disappointed that it was an ADSBathon and may have been taken by the deputy and minister to be a single issue meeting rather than broader incompetence.

Also points could have been more articulate and less emotive but that's easy for me to say as I don't have a business in aviation, just a career.

I do believe that we were herd, wether we were listened to could be something different all together.

Barnaby knows a lot about helicopters-How they can be used for electorate bussiness instead of driving a short distance from one of his offices.

Silly political bias, or possibly an attempt at humour to a serious topic adds zero at least IMO.

• Agree 2

Barnaby knows a lot about helicopters-How they can be used for electorate bussiness instead of driving a short distance from one of his offices.

You obviously have very little knowledge of business or business travel cost by car, we should be applauding people like Barnaby/Bronwyn/Bill Shorten (if you like) for using private air travel, it allows them to accomplish more things in one day and therefore be more productive/cost effective.

The single biggest problem for general aviation (and I include all light aircraft in that statement RA included) is that the general public perceive it to be for the filthy rich only, Australia due to its size should be one place in the world that every second person should have a pilots licence and utilise air travel as it should be.

Comments like this detract from aviation not enhance it.

Aldo

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

The cost is the big issue, the cost of renting a 172 in australia is almost double what it is in the US and we aren't snowed in 3 months of the year.

Will Project Eureka lead to a lower cost of renting planes?

The cost is the big issue, the cost of renting a 172 in australia is almost double what it is in the US and we aren't snowed in 3 months of the year

FT you need to compare apples with apples, the cost of driving a car in Aust is probably double what it is in the US also

Will Project Eureka lead to a lower cost of renting planes?

No I doubt it but renting a plane is not expensive in comparison to driving.

Aldo

After seeing the report on ABC into Air Asia Indonesia. And casa giving them an AOC to fly into Australia. when most other countries would not let them including Africa was that political. or should all of us have mailing as Indonesia so it would make life easy.

Silly political bias, or possibly an attempt at humour to a serious topic adds zero at least IMO.

Hi Frank, not defending lite speed at all, but Barnaby actually delivered a joke on his knowledge of helicopters as an ice breaker! Was well timed and funny.

• Like 1

I was their all day, the brief from RAA at 10:00 was great, topics on the constitution, administration streamlining, Jabiru ( sue woods was there and it was hinted that there will be a release on this very soon) sport pilot, the new tech manual and a multitude of smaller issues. I have to say I'm very impressed with the RAA team that we have, the job that they are doing and the direction that they are taking us.

The industry meeting was well attended, the host ben Morgan CEO of aviation advertiser, was very articulate and managed to keep it on topic and track most of the time with very few displays of bias! Barnaby Joyce admitted firstly that he knew very little about avaiation but sincerely wants to help. The minister was much the same and recognised that he has the power to direct CASA to do whatever is nessecary basically stated that he wants to help if he can but only being in the job for 10 weeks he is not fully across the topic ( he arranged a meeting with the heads of aviation industry that were present) the chair of CASA's board admitted that they are dysfunctional, admitted that they are applying band aid fixes to a variety of topics and initially would not budge on the implementation of ADSB until he was shown how self serving and foolish implementing such a system is before the people that manufactured it just to show the world that we were the first! Interestingly to cover Australia there will need to be 500plus ADSB receivers, they only intend on putting in 97 just to cover the airline routes!!! A lot of people had their say, some coherent and some rambled but overall the outcome was positive in that the minister witnessed the issues and the admission by CASA that they are not effectively doing their job and pushingthe industry to the point of collapse.

• Like 5
  • Informative 7