Some quotes

Owi

clippedInteresting comment about Tasmania - can you not be sex starved here? Have you visited and found it a roiling fleshpot of carnal satisfaction? babe.gif.538cdeac3b1a1b72d121d00509ec140e.gif

Well I did my best for the 5 and half years I lived there to enjoy the 'roiling fleshpot of carnal satisfaction' that is Tasmania ... but I was in Taroona and you really needed to be in Sandy Bay for that sort of thing ... specifically 10_ Queen Street, green door on the right, knock twice 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Haha 2

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did my best for the 5 and half years I lived there to enjoy the 'roiling fleshpot of carnal satisfaction' that is Tasmania ... but I was in Taroona and you really needed to be in Sandy Bay for that sort of thing ... specifically 10_ Queen Street, green door on the right, knock twice 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

My wife used to live in Queen St. I'll ask her what number her old house was, and whether she knew there was a "roiling fleshpot" nearby...

My wife used to live in Queen St. I'll ask her what number her old house was, and whether she knew there was a "roiling fleshpot" nearby...

I actually lived in the green door on the left ... for a total of 4 weeks before the continuous stream of men next door meant I really couldn't study ... and its not that I'm a prude but the walls were thin and the noise was too much. Much the same as the house in Yurong Street Sydney where I lived - three brothels and 2 firms of solicitors in the block - never needed security on the house, the women were all there in the day and NOBODY was gonna give them any crap ;-)

Solicitors and and prostitutes in the same street- how could you tell the difference?

You get screwed instead of the other way around....

I actually lived in the green door on the left ... for a total of 4 weeks before the continuous stream of men next door meant I really couldn't study ... and its not that I'm a prude but the walls were thin and the noise was too much. Much the same as the house in Yurong Street Sydney where I lived - three brothels and 2 firms of solicitors in the block - never needed security on the house, the women were all there in the day and NOBODY was gonna give them any crap ;-)

Her house was in the 40's so probably a little way removed from you... she was there 1993 to 2000. She agreed that Queen St had a reputation for being the brothel of Sandy Bay.

You get screwed instead of the other way around....

Her house was in the 40's so probably a little way removed from you... she was there 1993 to 2000. She agreed that Queen St had a reputation for being the brothel of Sandy Bay.

LOL she was down the bottom end - well away from the debauchery that was the section above Sandy Bay Road. Also nice to see the reputation continued after I left in '93 ... reputation of the road that is, my reputation is as it always was - a bit tarnished and knocked about, but that's life 003_cheezy_grin.gif.c5a94fc2937f61b556d8146a1bc97ef8.gif

• Like 1

*********It's wonderful to climb the liquid mountains of the sky, Behind me and before me is God and I have no fears.

— Helen Keller, at age 74, on flight around the world, news reports of 5 ***********February 1955.

Some Hang Gliding Quotes

"You may see others flying off high hills and others soaring. You the new flier cannot do this and if you are foolish enough to try, you violate Murphy's law and the laws of mother nature will take their course" - Larry Mauro.

"In order to practice flying with these sailing surfaces one first takes short jumps on a somewhat inclined surface till he has somewhat accustomed himself to be borne by the air" - Otto Lilienthal

"The charm of such flight is indescribable, and there could not be a healthier motion or more exciting sport in the open air" - Otto Lilienthal

"I wanted to do that since I was a little kid, just to climb up the top of a mountain and then go off it... I just looked around me as I was flying and I could see in all directions and I said 'This is the finest thing I have ever done' ". - Rich Kilbourne

"A wise man is cautious and avoids danger; a fool plunges ahead with great confidence" - Jim Diffenderfer

"If the good lord had wanted man to stay on the ground, he would have given us roots" - Anonymous

"The air! Man has visions of flight - not the roaring progress of heavy sinking machines, but that silent loveliness of gliding on outstretched arms that comes to everyone in dreams" - Frant S Stuart, City of the Bees.

"In order to imitate the birds, observe them" - Chuck Stahl

From 1973 "Hang Gliding is FREE! Free of expensive aircraft, hampering regulations and pollution"

"Wilbur & Orville Wright, Ferdinand Ferber, Percy Pilcher, Otto Liliental, Octave Chanute, John Montgomery, James Doolittle, Charles Pretzwer, Eddie Allen, the Schweizer brothers and the Voisin brothers all started their aviation careers in Hang Gliding" - Tom Peghiny

The exhilaration of flying is too keen, the pleasure too great, for it to be neglected as a sport.

— Orville Wright

Within all of us is a varying amount of space lint and star dust, the residue from our creation. Most are too busy to notice it, and it is stronger in some than others. It is strongest in those of us who fly and is responsible for an unconscious, subtle desire to slip into some wings and try for the elusive boundaries of our origin.

— K O Eckland, 'Footprints On Clouds.'

• Like 3

"Wow. Pulled back wrong throttle". Last words of AirAsia pilot last February.

Summary of final moments of black box recordings ...

Co-Pilot to Captain;

CPL "Sum Ting Wong!!"

Cap; "Yes, that's my uncle, you know him?"

CPL; "We Tu Lo!!"

Cap; "Get out of here, you know Wee? I went to Aviation College with him!"

CPL: "Holy Fook ...."

CapL: "My best friend, great guy, did you know he was my best man at my wedd ..."

Recording stopped at this point.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Winner 1

We are all pirates at heart. There is not one of us who hasn't had a little larceny in his soul.

And which one of us wouldn't soar if God had thought there was merit in the idea?

So, when we see one of those great widespread pirates soaring across the grain of sea winds we thrill,

and we long, and, if we are honest, we curse that we must be men every day.

Why not one day a bird!

There's an idea, now, one day out of seven a pirate in the sky.

What puny power a man can attain by comparison. Compare a 747 with a bird and blush!

— Roger Caras, 'Birds and Flight,' 1971.

• 2 weeks later...

My airplane is quiet, and for a moment still an alien, still a stranger to the ground, I am home.

— Richard Bach, 'Stranger to the Ground,' 1963.

Instead of our drab slogging forth and back to the fishing boats, there's a reason to life! We can lift ourselves out of ignorance, we can find ourselves as creatures of excellence and intelligence and skill. We can be free! We can learn to fly!

— Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull,' 1970.

• Like 1