Temora 2012

Mackay777

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Steve

I see Reg's next to the Spavario and a new S painted like Reg's near the yellow RV I have been looking at the pics closely...I must say I dont like the colour scheme on the Nanchang/Yak...a bit too far out dude for me hahahahaha and lots of Gyros there that new white one (arrowcopter) looks really nice but sorry you wont get me into one...they have that thing called a "jesus bolt"

Mark

Check out Lightning 7149, it is there.

I didn't see your post before I left Bill....but I certainly did see your Lightning. Very nice! Not sure that undercarriage could handle a farm strip though 001_smile.gif.2cb759f06c4678ed4757932a99c02fa0.gif

Natfly was very quiet compared to the last couple years in every respect, but still a nice range of aircraft to look at and people to meet. It was nice to meet Maj Millard and Winsor68 and admire Maj's Lightwing. Also met bubbleboy and a few past forum members. I went for a demo ride in an Atec Zephyr. Very nice aircraft....well worth a look.

Talking about demo flights, did anyone go up in the Sportcruiser? Apparently they were going to have demo flights available today (Saturday) - I had to leave early so missed out.

Ak

Guest Howard Hughes

Thanks for the gret pictures, especially the gyro's!

Sadly I was working (again) over Easter, oh well maybe next year.012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

I found the webcam on Thursday and never gave it another thought, wasn't very exciting on Thursday morning pointing up the field to the north, I guess they redirected it once the show started to bubble.

Hi SteveI see Reg's next to the Spavario and a new S painted like Reg's near the yellow RV I have been looking at the pics closely...I must say I dont like the colour scheme on the Nanchang/Yak...a bit too far out dude for me hahahahaha and lots of Gyros there that new white one (arrowcopter) looks really nice but sorry you wont get me into one...they have that thing called a "jesus bolt"

Mark

I clean missed the S, just didn't recognise it as a Savannah without the Aerokits extended rudder.

What Natfly webcam Sue ... and where?

Here - http://www.natfly.com.au/webcam/

It refreshes every 30 seconds at the moment, but will go back to its usual place at the museum and 15min refresh. I didn't notice it (or it wasn't there) when I went looking at the Natfly site - it isn't through the menu - it is a link on the side panel. The site needs a bit more info, photos, news from site, while the event is happening.

Sue

Had a great flight down , arriving in Jab 7525 at 945am, nice headwind when departing bathurst, although dropped back after Cowra! Took 1 hr 15min, pretty smooth the whole way also, approach was quite easy using 23 , very well orgnised for my first fly in! Love the day, wind on ground was suprising, wife never bought jacket, bit cold, warmed up nicely later though.

Love the selection of aircraft around, wish had more $$$$$$ The Lightning , very nice, Tecman 2008 took my eye also. So many i could easily take home!

Flight home was a little quicker with a nice tailwind, departing 2pm, home by 303.. tracked via Wyangala Dam back to YBTH.

Look forward to next year!

Dave

Sorry guys but these are the only pics I have:

The OzRunways tent (that was next to ours) on top of another tent

1795569596_IMG_3658(Copy).JPG.95463d74a968e327ccd71a51aabb0d8a.JPG

With the help of Steve Runciman and Dave Caban, we managed to get the sides off our tent and lower it down on top the stock when the front hit

1001919037_IMG_3656(Copy).JPG.b43005278b9eb5617899fe01540024b1.JPG

and the AWPA tent, which was on the other side of us went tumble-weeding up the street

1565834288_IMG_3657(Copy).JPG.66f1cdca12ccf78733cffa2ab27bdcb4.JPG

876427438_IMG_3653(Copy).JPG.21c142f3a1251701ad7febe2a26dd40e.JPG

105112677_IMG_3654(Copy).JPG.2d1e62b1bad9a4f7076ac9f3fddefc89.JPG

1185625826_IMG_3655(Copy).JPG.3a62a217c1e214aa00e216ce3c26d231.JPG

Guest davidh10
Here - http://www.natfly.com.au/webcam/

It refreshes every 30 seconds at the moment, but will go back to its usual place at the museum and 15min refresh. I didn't notice it (or it wasn't there) when I went looking at the Natfly site - it isn't through the menu - it is a link on the side panel. The site needs a bit more info, photos, news from site, while the event is happening.

Sue

I checked out the webcam now and again since Thursday. It was spectacularly uninteresting. Apparently one tent, half dozen people and about 3 or 4 aircraft attended the event, as seen by it. Would have been better marketing to not have had one!

To add anything the webcam needed to be pointed back up to the south sometimes since that is where 90% of the exhibit are, but don't lose sight of the mighty dollar. The webcam was aimed at the Silver and Gold sponsors sites!

Guest davidh10
...The webcam was aimed at the Silver and Gold sponsors sites!

What? The plain white tent with nothing written on it?

Hey guys... the adventure is still happening for Maj Millard and I... we are still out here in this amazing country travelling home, currently having dinner at the Moree Golf Club.

Don't worry I will post my photos when we arrive home... the biggest hurdle for us has been keeping in contact with the outside world due to lack of internet.

The things we have seen.... oh the things we have seen...

HI EVERY ONE... MAJ MILLARD HERE POSTING ON WINSORS PHONE. WINSOR IS DOING SOME LEGENDARY FLYING. TEMORA WAS COOL... STUDENT GIGGLES DIDN'T TURN UP... HAVE LOTS OF PHOTOS WILL POST WHEN HOME...WE ARE STILL ENROUTE AND DOING SOME SERIOUS LIGHTWING FLYING.